my ikea hack project

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Peaches

Reaction score
Ok, this is not exactly art, but I wanted to learn how to work with wood for a long time now, and I have to "upgrade" some ikea expedit shelves that need to be in an entrance and look good (they don't now).
This is a picture of the project, you are welcome to copy it :)
It is going to be with a mix and match of doors made with special woods with different tones (cherry tree, chestnut, oak, walnut and such) which you can find on the cheap side if it is a small leftover, polished and varnished. Imagine that one little square corresponds to one Expedit "hole" (6x6, in this case), don't know if you are familiar with that kind of shelf, so some doors cover 2 holes, some 4, etc
I look forward to start this project.

[img=http://s27.postimg.org/usfxhgx8v/ikea_hack.jpg]

Peaches said:
Ok, this is not exactly art, but I wanted to learn how to work with wood for a long time now, and I have to "upgrade" some ikea expedit shelves that need to be in an entrance and look good (they don't now).
This is a picture of the project, you are welcome to copy it :)
It is going to be with a mix and match of doors made with special woods with different tones (cherry tree, chestnut, oak, walnut and such) which you can find on the cheap side if it is a small leftover, polished and varnished. Imagine that one little square corresponds to one Expedit "hole" (6x6, in this case), don't know if you are familiar with that kind of shelf, so some doors cover 2 holes, some 4, etc
I look forward to start this project.

[img=http://s27.postimg.org/usfxhgx8v/ikea_hack.jpg]

Okay, Peaches, let me guess...you once used the expedits for a record collection? Hands down, the best shelving units for records, laserdiscs (my expedit is home for my laserdiscs) and/or books. Good luck with the project.