Name 1 historical event you would change

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Van Hooligan X

Reaction score
On your laptop/computer screen apparently.
say you could change 1 historical event, what would you change?
and what would the changes of the world be because of it?

example: nazi's win WW2 instead of losing

i reckon i'd be speaking germen and making jews my bitches...if there were any left

m'kay so if i was to change any event, i'd either change diago maradona's 'hand of god' incident, making england the victor's against argentina in 1986
this would make england champions or **** near champions of another world cup

OR

the internet never being created, i haz my reasons

and i think it would make me happier if it wasn't AND i think a lot less pedo's would exist

Germany losing WWII was devine intervention.
It was one of the coldest winter recorded on record...totally unexpected. It frozed the nazi to death on the eastern front.:p

Also on D day..it was one of the nastiest wheather or day.
However the fog helped the Allied Froces made a surpized Invasion.

The bad weather seem terriable at first..but it was a blessing in disguides.
God works like that sometimes.

Paris Hilton's SEX tapes...now that honeysuckle we all could had lived without oneway or the other.lmao

Hastings 1066. If those silly sods had held the shield-wall instead of falling for a ruse, they might have won the battle. Not that I much care which side won...just annoys me the Saxons made such a stupid mistake and we get reminded of it every couple of years on TV since it's one of those national historic events that gets done to death by the popular media etc

I would return to October 9 AD and stop Publius Quintilius Varus from leading Legio XVII, Legio XVIII and Legio XIX legions into the thick Teutoburg forest on the way to Aliso in Germanic territory. Around 15,000 - 20,000 soldiers were slaughtered because they moved in a thin column in the thick forest. Despite warnings, General Varus was pig-headed and arrogant. It was one of the only times the Germanic tribes unified together to ambush the Romans (the normal Roman strategy was to have the tribes fighting amongst each other, which they went back to doing shortly after). The loss of life terrified Emperor Augustus, after which he decided not to push any further into Germanic territory (and wrote on record that the Roman Empire's northern boundaries should now remain fixed in place).

Had Varus not lost those three legions, Augustus would have continued his campaign into greater Germania and possibly beyond (nowadays Austria to the south maybe?). Thus Germany's future would be drastically changed, and Hitler would most likely not have been born at all. Not to mention the western Empire may have held on for longer than it did.

"Quintili Vare, legiones redde!" - Emperor Augustus
(Quintilius Varus, give me back my legions!)

Latest posts

Back