Need a little Advice

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NOAH_FX

Reaction score
So to start off, i don't feel as lonely as i used to. I have really good friends, I do make friends easily, for the most part people like being around me.

However It's been a long time since I had a girlfriend, or actually dated.

So anyway, I was hanging with my two buddies (One's engaged and the other basically engaged lol) and there SO's were drunk, telling me about this girl they want to hook me up with.. But the more they talked, the less i want to meet this girl. Now a few month's later, with it all being talked up, i really Don't want to meet her, and i don't know why..

I met her once briefly and she seemed shy, but that's ok. She seemed cute as we'll. So how come my brain would rather think of excuses than try and meet this girl? I've never thought of myself as a coward.. I had a crush many moons ago i asked out (She said no) but it felt liberating, not the other way around. So why now, am i afraid to even meet someone?

Sorry if my thought's are all jumbled up. I feel very confused today.

NOAH_FX said:
So to start off, i don't feel as lonely as i used to. I have really good friends, I do make friends easily, for the most part people like being around me.

So anyway, I was hanging with my two buddies (One's engaged and the other basically engaged lol) and there SO's were drunk, telling me about this girl they want to hook me up with.. But the more they talked, the less i want to meet this girl. Now a few month's later, with it all being talked up, i really Don't want to meet her, and i don't know why..

I met her once briefly and she seemed shy, but that's ok. She seemed cute as we'll. So how come my brain would rather think of excuses than try and meet this girl? I've never thought of myself as a coward.. I had a crush many moons ago i asked out (She said no) but it felt liberating, not the other way around. So why now, am i afraid to even meet someone?

For some people, their comfort zone is being in a relationship. For others, it is being single (admittedly, that is rare). Maybe your comfort zone is being single. Have you ever been in a long term relationship before? If not, maybe deep down you are nervous? Do you actively avoid the dating scene?

No i've never had a long term relationship. Like 3 months in high school was my longest lol. I can't say I've ever had a serious adult relationship in any way.

I've been told I'm picky, but I don't think so.

Some simply lose confidence when they've been away from the dating thing for extended periods of time. When you're dating (or attempting to) you're essentially trying to market yourself as someone worth noticing and spending time with. When you've been otherwise occupied by education, career, children, failed relationship, etc., that "skill-set" kind of disappears....trying to find it again can be soooo difficult.

WildernessWildChild said:
Some simply lose confidence when they've been away from the dating thing for extended periods of time. When you're dating (or attempting to) you're essentially trying to market yourself as someone worth noticing and spending time with. When you've been otherwise occupied by education, career, children, failed relationship, etc., that "skill-set" kind of disappears....trying to find it again can be soooo difficult.

I agree with this 100%

RockerChick said:
NOAH_FX said:

For some people, their comfort zone is being in a relationship. For others, it is being single (admittedly, that is rare). Maybe your comfort zone is being single. Have you ever been in a long term relationship before? If not, maybe deep down you are nervous? Do you actively avoid the dating scene?

WildernessWildChild said:

Thanks for your reply, I think you are most certainly right. Can't fail if you don't try right :p, and since my life has been nice and quite (Focusing on close friends and work mostly) I'm a little scared to shake it up. But that's pretty normal isn't it :)

Yes it's normal to be scared, especially since you haven't dated in awhile. Just be yourself and meet her when you're up for it. =)

Latest posts

Back