Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scott69

Reaction score
Hello all,

I'm new and feel so hopeless and isolated, I live in a small southern town I'm gay and have no friends and no social life whatsoever......
I work out of my home and rarely leave, I only go out for things of necessity like grocery shopping, post office, doctors appts. etc. I have very low self esteem and I suffer with terrible anxiety and depression. I've had an addiction with Xanax
booze and I'm a pot smoker....
People completely overlook me when I'm out in public or either treat me like honeysuckle and I don't understand why... I'm clean cut and preppy looking very well mannered and polite. I treat everyone with kindness and respect....
I would love to meet a friend(s) here at this site, loneliness has become so common for me I have grown to accept it and even make excuses for it....
In the past when I did manage to make a friend it never lasted for very long, I always wound up being used, lied to, stabbed in the back or laughed at behind my back because I trusted the person and confided in them.....
I have a stained relationship with my parents, (they are the only family I have)

I've lost interest in things I used to have a passion for like antique collecting, interior decorating, estate sales, flea markets, garage sales, strolling through old historical cemeteries, old architecture, gardening, travel, going to the movies, museums, art galleries.....
I used to live for these activities, now I only exist, I just tuned 40 and feel like life has really passed me by and pissed all over me....

Well anyway this is me in a nutshell, I look forward to being a member here.

Hey Scott, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you're going through all of this right now. There are some very nice people here who have had similar experiences, Im sure. I hope that you will find a bit of comfort here.

Again, welcome.

EDIT: PS...what's your all-time favorite movie? :D

EveWasFramed said:
Hey Scott, and welcome to the forum. I'm sorry that you're going through all of this right now. There are some very nice people here who have had similar experiences, Im sure. I hope that you will find a bit of comfort here.

Again, welcome.
Well thank-you very much EveWasFramed!;)

:p You're very welcome, Scott69. :p

Oh, Im from the South too. :) Georgia to be exact.

Welcome, i'm glad you decided to join us Scott.

Hi Scott and Welcome try popping into chat sometime, we're a pretty friendly bunch. Here's the link http://allo.talk4fun.net/ most of the members are in their late teens or early 20's but don't let that discourage you, I'm one of the older ones, 33 here.

Latest posts

Back