New Modifications (Updated 1st August)

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
R

Robin

New Modifications
(that are visible to You)​

- Advanced Statistics on Index | You've probably seen them at the bottom of the index page already.

- My Posts and Threads | This mod adds the two new features to easily check Your own posts and threads next to "View Today's Posts" right under the logo at the top of the forum.

- MyPlaza | This is our new points and shop system which You can find at the right-hand side of the menu at the top of the forum. This mod will be expanded with items to buy. The points score-board currently looks as follows:

Per post: 2
Per thread: 10
Per poll vote: 1
Per reply made to Your thread: 0.2
Per thread of Yours that earn the Sticky-status: 20
Per reputation You give to other members: 5
Per character You write on the comment-line when rating another member: 0.1
Per positive/negative reputation You receive from other members: +/- 5

-------------------------------

New Modifications 12th June

- Moderator Control Panel | All moderators now have their own control panel where they easily can control all things they can do on one page. Next to their User CP at the top.

- Avatar Gallery | How cool people's avatars are is often talked about, and now we have a very own gallery for them all. Link on the public message on the index page.

- Rules Page | A much needed new icon has been added to the top-right of the forum. Here's where all rules will be listed.

- Image Resizer | Attachments in threads are shown as small samples that You have to click on to see full size, but images used with the "Insert Image"-mycode () always are shown as full-sized images, which we've seen can be very frustrating and impractical in threads with many huge photos for example. From now on, all full-size images used with this mycode will be resized to 800px in width.

- [b]One Signature[/b] | Some people have quite tall images in their signature (or just a whole bunch of lines of text), which can make a whole lot of extra spins on our mouse scroll-wheels necessary to get through each page in those long threads. From now on, only the [i]first[/i] post per member on each page of threads will include a signature. Now would perhaps be a good time to mention that You can define how many posts that You want to see per page under "Forum Display Options" [url=http://www.alonelylife.com/usercp.php?action=options][u]here[/u][/url].

- [b]My Mood[/b] | Now You can let people see in what mood You are by choosing one from a list, which hopefully will make it easier for everyone to see when it's a good time to get extra supportive etc. Link close to MyPlaza up to the right.

- [b]Rate Posts[/b] | Now You also can rate posts from 1 to 5, rather than just threads. Check it out right under this post for example.

- [b]Profile View Counter[/b] | A counter visible in Your profile which shows how many times that Your profile has been viewed (since this mod was installed).

- [b]Profile Guest-book[/b] | Now we all have a guest-book in our profile in which people can mention how cool You are! ;)

--------------------------------

[CENTER][SIZE=4]Additions/Changes 13th June[/SIZE][/CENTER]

- [b]Thread Value for Myplaza[/b] | A new way of earning points has been added to the score-board. The thread author receives:

[color=#000080][b]2[/b][/color] points for each [color=#000080][b]5-rating[/b][/color],
[color=#800080][b]1[/b][/color] point for each [color=#800080][b]4-rating[/b][/color],
[color=#008000][b]nothing[/b][/color] for [color=#008000][b]3-ratings[/b][/color],
[color=#FFA500][b]-1[/b][/color] point for each [color=#FFA500][b]2-rating[/b][/color] and
[color=#800000][b]-2[/b][/color] points for each [color=#800000][b]1-rating[/b][/color].

[b]Note[/b] that this only works with [i][u]thread[/u][/i] ratings, [i]not[/i] the post ratings under each post!

- [b]Thread Ratings Moved[/b] | Since the "Rate Thread"-function almost never is used, probably due to it's awkward location, it now has been moved to the top-left of thread-window (when viewing a thread).

-------------------------------------

[CENTER][SIZE=4]Changes 17th June[/SIZE][/CENTER]

The Essential Articles board's points income rate has been changed from 1 to 10. This means that all scores earned within that board is multiplied by 10. For everyone who want to contribute with a great and valuable article, preferably written by themselves, is therefore rewarded with ten times the points of a thread, which equals to 100. If Your article is considered to be a true asset to this community, You might earn 200 points additionally if we sticky it to the top. Good work shall be rewarded.

That's all folks!

--------------------------------------

[CENTER][SIZE=4]New modification 26th July[/SIZE][/CENTER]

- [b]Warning System[/b] | Administrators can now add a certain percentage to the warning level of a member. When this level reaches 100%, the member is banned for a month. If this would happen again for the same member, it's three months. If it would happen a third time we hope that this person has learned that rules are supposed to be obeyed when and if he/she returns next year.

The amount of percentage added to a member's level when a report is filed against him/her will be defined by a simple mathematical calculation between the suggestions from the staff members to come up with an average number. This way the amount added will be more fair.

The warning level decreases daily by the following scheme:

- For member who've never been banned: 0,5 (that's 0,5% not 50%)
- Banned once: 0.3
- Banned twice: 0.1
- Banned three times: 0

When the ban expires of a, by this mod, automatically banned member, the warning level will [b]start[/b] from 50%.

Do note that the installation of this system doesn't nullify the ability to banned immediately.

-----------

[CENTER][SIZE=4]New additions & changes 31st July[/SIZE][/CENTER]

- [b]MyPlaza Inventory[/b] | 33 new items and two new categories as well as category logo-changes of the two previously present categories.

-----------

[CENTER][SIZE=4]New mods, additions & changes 1st August[/SIZE][/CENTER]

- [b]MyPlaza Inventory[/b] | The items in the "Personal Traits & Skills" category have been modified with a blue cog-wheel which makes it easier to identify as traits/skills rather than likeables etc. The "General Features" category has got it's original icon back due to it being taller than the category itself, which looked quite off.

New category: Gifts
New item: "Bear Hugged!" in Gifts. Thanks to Naleena! (First-ever custom content provider for MyPlaza! =D )
New item: "Froggylicious" in Likeables. Thanks to Minus!
New item: "Rabbit Friend" in Likeables. Thanks to Bluey!

[i][b]The following modules were ideas i got from GeminiGurliex (i hope You can afford the items You want now without feeling like a cheater! ;) ):[/b][/i]

New Module: [b]Bank[/b] - Deposit a custom amount of points to earn an interest on them every 24 hours. You have to withdraw money to be able to use them again. Both deposits and withdrawals has price-tags, so perform Your transactions wisely!

New Module: [b]Staff Salary[/b] - They might not post or show themselves much, but they [b]do[/b] however perform a darn good job (that's why they're still members of the staff!) and i think this is the least i can do for them. All staff members will earn 100 points per week automatically. This doesn't work with the chat-room moderators, so [SIZE=5]i'm asking [u]all chat-room moderators[/u] to send me a PM explaining which chat-room(s) You're moderating so i can add You to my weekly-salary list[/SIZE].

New Module: [b]Investments[/b] - Now You can invest in the progress of the community! Earn points while the forum grows larger with members, threads and posts!

-----------

This is cool thx Robin:D

Are there things to buy yet I see things like change user name color but I don't know how to buy anything or can we just not yet?

evanescencefan91 said:
wait I'm confused i lost points after a post?

Just like You accumulate points by, for example, posting, You loose points by deleting posts etc.

NeverMore said:
This is cool thx Robin:D

Are there things to buy yet I see things like change user name color but I don't know how to buy anything or can we just not yet?

The items You saw might have been on the statistics-page in MyPlaza, where they are listed as the most popular ones simply for once being tested. There will be more items added soon.

Bluey said:
What about if your post gets a good rating? and ye it all sounds cooool man :cool:

Hmm, hehe, since You can rate Your own posts that would make it a bit too easy, don't You think? Nevertheless, You for example would get a 5-point for each post You make by everyone and be a millionaire! Can't let that happen so You'd just go ahead and steal all those nice stars! Haha ;)

Robin said:
Bluey said:
What about if your post gets a good rating? and ye it all sounds cooool man :cool:

Hmm, hehe, since You can rate Your own posts that would make it a bit too easy, don't You think? Nevertheless, You for example would get a 5-point for each post You make by everyone and be a millionaire! Can't let that happen so You'd just go ahead and steal all those nice stars! Haha ;)

I did not think of that :) and would I :p probably ye lol :shy:

Hmm, all this stuff looks complicated. I think I'll just be myself and let the chips fall where they may.

Bump for additional updates. Find them at the bottom of the first post.

If anything is missing in the MyPlaza Inventory, send me a PM with Your suggestions.

Latest posts

Back