No Sir I just don't like it

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sothatwasmylife

Reaction score
Seems anything remotely controversial immediately disappears from view..and I don't mean taking a particular stance that maybe belongs in the up for debate thread ... I've noticed this time and time again...it's as if the forum is being moderated clandestinely by a very heavy, very intolerant hand...maybe this explains why activity here is so painfully sparse.
I fully expect this post to be be spirited away pretty much as soon as it appears.

Well 3 minutes in and it's still up : )  so my question which disappeared within the blink of an eye and it related to a thread ' are people so broken'  was are realistic dolls ..given that some guys seem to have what amounts to a loving but entirely imaginary relationship with some of these creations ... and assuming that they provide far more than a sexual outlet..., Is this an admission of failure to find a loving relationship...or a practical way of dealing with extreme loneliness...? or even a temporary measure ...do you think it's destructive/constructive?

I personally wouldn't care for dolls. But I use toys all the time and find them more satisfying than people. Have I given up? If yes, at least I am enjoying myself.

AmytheTemperamental said:
I personally wouldn't care for dolls.  But I use toys all the time and find them more satisfying than people. Have I given up? If yes, at least I am enjoying myself.

Hey thanks for that : )...I don't know it's the disembodied torsos and heads that seem a whole lot stranger for me to get my head around than a doll which at least doesn't look like the aftermath of a serial killers spree.
But I guess that whole dismemberment thing is more geared towards the  thrifty minded enthusiast

I personally wouldn't care for dolls.  But I use toys all the time and find them more satisfying than people. Have I given up? If yes, at least I am enjoying myself.

its not a huge industry because your the only one ...or maybe it is LOL

sothatwasmylife said:

Hey thanks for that : )...I don't know it's the disembodied torsos and heads that seem a whole lot stranger for me to get my head around than a doll which at least doesn't look like the aftermath of a serial killers spree.
But I guess that whole dismemberment thing is more geared towards the  thrifty minded enthusiast
And I guess with toys your not relating to that toy as a person where as with a doll it seems far more possible that it could take on at least some of the significance of a real relationship..guys refer to dolls as thier girlfriends ...coming home to someone ... it's difficult to understand what impact that can have on a person for good or ill 

BadGuy said:

its not a huge industry because your the only one ...or maybe it is LOL

Yep it is a growing industry in the UK although a lot of suppliers are elsewhere...media coverage has been pretty significant and if you google it you will see not only are there many manufacturers but also forums centred around that industry ...but I guess for obvious reasons people don't discuss possible negative impact... it's viewed as a way of life but sometimes definitely tinged with hostility toward women..

sothatwasmylife said:
Quite a number of these dolls are pretty much designed to represent children and that's a whole other dimension

well thats wrong and will likely kill the thread as it should

I wouldn't agree with that..cos that's just not recognizing whats taking place...manufacturers could argue I guess through I personally don't think with any validity at all that by providing these child like dolls they are supplying and both suppressing pedoes but just the reverse could be true....so it's got quite a few facets to it and as far as I know at present it's pretty much unregulated....

Please don't bring up the notion of sex with anything in relations to children.

Why do we need sheltering from reality.??..if you read my post in context you will see ..or at least should be able to see that it is an observation ...I think it's just another example of moderaters assuming we're all entirely brain dead and should have nothing to say in regard to anything that could possibly be informative if there was the remotest chance of it referring no matter how vaguely to something that most of us would see as abhorrent

It has nothing to do with being brain dead
It's about making sure children ard protected and making sure pedophile behavior is not condoned or promoted in ANY way

sothatwasmylife said:
Why do we need sheltering from reality.??..if you read my post in context you will see ..or at least should be able to see that it is an observation ...I think it's just another example of moderaters assuming  we're all entirely brain dead and should have nothing to say in regard to anything that could possibly be informative if there was the remotest chance of it referring no matter how vaguely to something that most of us would see as abhorrent

I said nothing of the sort. It's not sheltering from reality. I know it's out there, as do most of the rest of us. We're not ignorant of the world, thank you very much. It's the fact that this is a moderated forum, and when you're told something, you abide by it. If you wish to discuss that topic, do it elsewhere.

Toys.....meh, I prefer books.

VanillaCreme said:
sothatwasmylife said:
Why do we need sheltering from reality.??..if you read my post in context you will see ..or at least should be able to see that it is an observation ...I think it's just another example of moderaters assuming  we're all entirely brain dead and should have nothing to say in regard to anything that could possibly be informative if there was the remotest chance of it referring no matter how vaguely to something that most of us would see as abhorrent

I said nothing of the sort. It's not sheltering from reality. I know it's out there, as do most of the rest of us. We're not ignorant of the world, thank you very much. It's the fact that this is a moderated forum, and when you're told something, you abide by it. If you wish to discuss that topic, do it elsewhere.

That isn't the topic and you fully well know that your just taking an isolated reference out of all context and if being a member of this forum means being subjected to a nazi like moderation mentality ..you've really got to ask yourself if it actually has any value at all.

sothatwasmylife said:
Moderation means just that...it doesn't mean a completely unreasonable dictatorial approach

To anything you choose to put the most biased spin on....When I really want total control by the thought police I'll let you know

BadGuy said:
It has nothing to do with being brain dead
It's about making sure children ard protected and making sure pedophile behavior is not condoned or promoted in ANY way

And maybe if you had chosen to actually read my post in context you may have deduced that it in no way promoted  unjustifiable behaviour quite the reverse...maybe if you were a little less inclined to jump onto your moral high horse your input would be of more value

Latest posts

Back