North West UK

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oi! any of the people on this still want to meet up? I'm from near manchester, we could go to the pub? As long as we don't have to drink boddingtons.
Seriously though, we could go to the marble arch :)
http://www.marblebeers.com/

benj said:
Oi! any of the people on this still want to meet up? I'm from near manchester, we could go to the pub? As long as we don't have to drink boddingtons.

Seeing as I am friendless and lonely, I'd consider it. But I'd have to consider carefully, as I suffer from Avoidant Personality Disorder and don't tend to come across as very gregarious in public. Don't want to drive a few hours only to find that I only stand out for how boring I am, and end up driving straight back home. LOL.

thegreyman said:
benj said:

Seeing as I am friendless and lonely, I'd consider it. But I'd have to consider carefully, as I suffer from Avoidant Personality Disorder and don't tend to come across as very gregarious in public. Don't want to drive a few hours only to find that I only stand out for how boring I am, and end up driving straight back home. LOL.

Seeing as noone else replied on here - tho think lonely wanderer might be up for a meet.
I usually am the quiet boring one in company - really struggle with a sense of humour, but I think I have only more mild social anxiety issues. I'd really like to meet you - it might be that I'm bit more chatty - but what you're describing is exactly how I feel most of the time - I'm definitely not gregarious. We could have an awakard conversation if you like - that would be perfectly normal for me only there'd be two of us doing it instead of just me. If you stood out for how boring you were I'd just relate. :D - hope this makes sense I've had a few beers :)
What are you interested in? (-See what I mean, that's my standard conversation opening line - yr in good company :D )

benj said:
thegreyman said:
benj said:

Seeing as noone else replied on here - tho think lonely wanderer might be up for a meet.
I usually am the quiet boring one in company - really struggle with a sense of humour, but I think I have only more mild social anxiety issues. I'd really like to meet you - it might be that I'm bit more chatty - but what you're describing is exactly how I feel most of the time - I'm definitely not gregarious. We could have an awakard conversation if you like - that would be perfectly normal for me only there'd be two of us doing it instead of just me. If you stood out for how boring you were I'd just relate. :D - hope this makes sense I've had a few beers :)
What are you interested in? (-See what I mean, that's my standard conversation opening line - yr in good company :D )

I'm almost always the quiet person in any group. I'm not always quiet, but I seldom find a situation in which I'm comfortable talking at length. I generally don't have much in common with most.

That conversation line is fairly typical as an opener, and causes me to fall at the first hurdle. LOL. I don't have any interests that reflect positively on me. Just things like watching Ice Hockey, reading, looking at message boards (used to be a prolific message board poster before my anxiety prohibited it). How about you?

Hah, I actually like ice hockey, not someone who knows every rule but spent day before yesterday trying to watch NHL games streaming - follow the habs and NYR which probably shows I'm not the most knowlegable fan. I used to go to Manchester storm games back when the elite league was the Sekonda superleauge. Do you follow Braehead then? I don't really follow anyone in the Uk but mainly cos I've never got round to watching Manchester pheonix.
If you and/ or anyone else ever fancies going to a hockey game I'd fookin love to, I've been wanting to go to a hockey game for years but not had anyone else to go with. :)

Edit: also always been into reading, I love hard sci fi and space opera, never get bored of it. But also like anything travel book like, or politics or other fiction/ russian classics ocasionally (though a lot goes over my head I think).

Apologies for the atrocious spelling I'm having a drunk and tired week :).

Well...I'm from Manchester, all i can say about ice hockey in England is its not what it used to be :(
I think they lost a lot of money (back when they were called Manchester Storm) since they have been called Manchester Pheonix the level of game play / entertainment has gone down dramatically. But still...Always good to go and watch i used to play ice hockey when i was a kid so would be cool to go watch some again!

Also Benj how is the marble in town? never been in there!

benj said:
Hah, I actually like ice hockey, not someone who knows every rule but spent day before yesterday trying to watch NHL games streaming - follow the habs and NYR which probably shows I'm not the most knowlegable fan. I used to go to Manchester storm games back when the elite league was the Sekonda superleauge. Do you follow Braehead then? I don't really follow anyone in the Uk but mainly cos I've never got round to watching Manchester pheonix.
If you and/ or anyone else ever fancies going to a hockey game I'd fookin love to, I've been wanting to go to a hockey game for years but not had anyone else to go with. :)

Edit: also always been into reading, I love hard sci fi and space opera, never get bored of it. But also like anything travel book like, or politics or other fiction/ russian classics ocasionally (though a lot goes over my head I think).

Apologies for the atrocious spelling I'm having a drunk and tired week :).

I watch all of the San Jose Sharks' games by streaming. I'm not much interested in UK hockey (because it's roughly the equivalent of the third tier in North America), but I've been to two Braehead games and may go to more in the future.

I haven't always been a big reader. I just read whatever catches my interest. I don't like hardcore sci-fi, but enjoy themes such as time travel and parallel universes. I'm a fan of Philip K Dick.

Hey,
It would be really cool to go to a hockey game, if we all want to go there aren't really any teams in between tho - Am I right in thinking there's no team at all in Newcastle now? I'd be happy to travel but would need to be in advance so could get advance tickets. Possibly go to hull or to see Braehead?

I'd be well up for going to see pheonix also -there's a couple of games in feb - could possibly go to the marble arch afterwards? - It's very slightly poncy Renegade but they do loads of really good beers, they have their own brewery, it's a bit victorian inside, always packed and friendly. The food is brilliant too, based on pub food but really, really well done, had fresh mackeral and wild garlic there in summer and it was beautiful. Do you know any good pubs in man?

If you could be bothered to come down by car Greyman maybe we could do it as a home and away thing - like I say I'd be up for travelling up for a Braehead game, suppose it'd somewhere to sleep but my sister might oblige down this end.

Dunno, what do you two think? I'm probably moving a bit fast. Dunno about you but I need to get out of the house and do something soon, the thought of some company for a hockey game and a couple (and a couple more) beers is pretty appealing right now :D :).

benj said:
Hey,
It would be really cool to go to a hockey game, if we all want to go there aren't really any teams in between tho - Am I right in thinking there's no team at all in Newcastle now? I'd be happy to travel but would need to be in advance so could get advance tickets. Possibly go to hull or to see Braehead?

I'd be well up for going to see pheonix also -there's a couple of games in feb - could possibly go to the marble arch afterwards? - It's very slightly poncy Renegade but they do loads of really good beers, they have their own brewery, it's a bit victorian inside, always packed and friendly. The food is brilliant too, based on pub food but really, really well done, had fresh mackeral and wild garlic there in summer and it was beautiful. Do you know any good pubs in man?

If you could be bothered to come down by car Greyman maybe we could do it as a home and away thing - like I say I'd be up for travelling up for a Braehead game, suppose it'd somewhere to sleep but my sister might oblige down this end.

Dunno, what do you two think? I'm probably moving a bit fast. Dunno about you but I need to get out of the house and do something soon, the thought of some company for a hockey game and a couple (and a couple more) beers is pretty appealing right now :D :).

I'd certainly consider driving down into England to meet some people. If not ice hockey, maybe we could meet somewhere in between and go bowling or something. I've wanted to go bowling for a long time, but have had nobody with whom to go.

Yeah bowling would be cool :) Anyone else up for that? I'm rubbish at it but really enjoy it. We could meet in the middle somewhere then too. Don't have internet at mo so have to use it at work.

Ah come ahhn. Someone must want to do something soon. I'm so bored I've watched nearly every great British railway journies :\

benj said:
Ah come ahhn. Someone must want to do something soon. I'm so bored I've watched nearly every great British railway journies :\

LOL. That reminds me of when I used to watch that TV series of Julia Bradbury going on walks on BBC4. Things have really reached a pretty pass when I'll actually sit down of a night and spend an hour watching someone go for a walk!

haha I'll have to look that up, sounds right up my street :) - I also watch countryfile but whenever I mention that to anyone it always turns out they watch it too. I'm considering walking to my mums house from marsden over the moors on sunday which should be fun :). Outdoors can be really good alone :) I reckon walking the peninne way should be a mandatory course in finding the bright side of solitude for anyone struggling. Bit sad that the highlight of my weekend would be walking to my mums house for tea though heh :D.

Latest posts

Back