Observations On "Serial Killers" Your Thoughts On The Subject?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LoneKiller

Reaction score
I recently watched "Dear Mr. Gacy", and it got me to thinking. Gacy was referred to as the biggest mass murderers in American history if I heard it correctly. I'm not so sure if he is. He might be documented as that, but there are probably tons of killers like him out there who have murdered more people, but just not caught yet.

When a serial killer is mentioned, usually the first thought that comes to mind is that they are crazy. I agree in part. There are lots of serial killers who are extremely intelligent and are able to function in society like everyone else for the most part. On a documentary I once saw, one guy said that Manson wasn't crazy. If he was, how could he have gotten people to commit murder on his command? Who's going to listen to a crazy person?

Can serial killers be crazy and super intelligent? Why do you think that some people turn into serial killers? I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on the subject.

Thanks for viewing.:)

LK

okay Crazy (when you use it) is a layman's term when you don't know how the words to classify certain behaviors. No serial killer is crazy (as in, psychotic, as in, not in touch with reality, as in they know right from wrong, but do wrong).

"Kill a man and you're a murderer, kill many and you're a conqueror, kill them all, you're a god." - Jean Rostand

I've always been more scared of politicians sending people to kill and to their deaths than serial killers, actually. Maybe it's the way they're thought to be 'sane' and still responsible for hundreds if not thousands of deaths. Madness.

IgnoredOne said:
"Kill a man and you're a murderer, kill many and you're a conqueror, kill them all, you're a god." - Jean Rostand

Nothing like a nuke to make your point, and a million is a statistic, eh? :p

Bread said:
IgnoredOne said:

Nothing like a nuke to make your point, and a million is a statistic, eh? :p

Punished the wicked and rewarded the righteous with a rapid ticket to heaven, then brought lingering glowing light to the land for decades to come. Good work if I've ever seen one.

.......Serial Killers are very intelligent! They just lack 'care/or feelings' toward fellow man.

The word "crazy" gets tossed around a lot these days, misused or just generalized. Most of the time it is used when someone does something we either don't agree with, find difficult to understand why, or goes against our own morals/beliefs. To them we would seem "crazy" as well for not understanding their point of view or beliefs.

So who's really the "crazy" one? I say we all are. :D

The people I work with think I may be a serial killer. Partly because I help with a Haunted House each year and partly because I don't have friends. Since I'm lonely and don't have people to hang out with, they immediately think I must be out killing people.

At least the plus side is that people don't mess with me at work. HA HA HA!

(and no, I'm not a serial killer)

Serial killers usually have at least two qualities:

Sadism - as in they like to cause other people pain

Narcisssism - they think they can get away with their crimes and not get caught

And also they tend to be antisocial - being unheedful of their victims feelings

...*glances around at members on forum suspiciously*...

My last boss fits that description, except for the antisocial part. He was sadistic, thought he could do whatever he wanted to his employees and get away with it, and had no consideration for anyone's feelings. He enjoyed it.

He's just too lazy to be a serial killer though, he'd make someone else do it for him and take all the credit.

blackdot said:
The people I work with think I may be a serial killer. Partly because I help with a Haunted House each year and partly because I don't have friends. Since I'm lonely and don't have people to hang out with, they immediately think I must be out killing people.

At least the plus side is that people don't mess with me at work. HA HA HA!

(and no, I'm not a serial killer)
Welcome aboard blackdot.:)

depends on the killer. some of them (for me) have a good and valid reason, and I respect that. but a lot of them just kill for lust, to satisfy themselves without a cause or a logical goal.

to be honest... if I could exterminate the whole mankind I'll do it in a jiff. for me to kill random people is pointless and dumb.
let's be honest. exterminate the human race and hunger and injustice will be over. no more discrimination or suffering to anyone. and you save the planet as well.

and you don't need nukes for that. it's so **** easy.

Winterlong said:
depends on the killer. some of them (for me) have a good and valid reason, and I respect that. but a lot of them just kill for lust, to satisfy themselves without a cause or a logical goal.

to be honest... if I could exterminate the whole mankind I'll do it in a jiff. for me to kill random people is pointless and dumb.
let's be honest. exterminate the human race and hunger and injustice will be over. no more discrimination or suffering to anyone. and you save the planet as well.

Please don't take this wrong way Winterlong, but you are one creepy bloke.:p

Sci-Fi said:
...*glances around at members on forum suspiciously*...

My last boss fits that description, except for the antisocial part. He was sadistic, thought he could do whatever he wanted to his employees and get away with it, and had no consideration for anyone's feelings. He enjoyed it.

He's just too lazy to be a serial killer though, he'd make someone else do it for him and take all the credit.

sounds like the dood had a personality disorder

LoneKiller said:
Winterlong said:

Please don't take this wrong way Winterlong, but you are one creepy bloke.:p

it's part of my charm :cool:

Sci-Fi said:

LOL - Sounds like most bosses.

LoneKiller said:

Can serial killers be crazy and super intelligent? Why do you think that some people turn into serial killers? I'm interested in knowing your thoughts on the subject.
Thanks for viewing.:)

LK

Don't know any SKs, so not sure, but seriously thought I was capable of killing someone at one point in my life. Had a lot of repressed anger. And was above average intelligence at school so....

I like serial killers.

When I first delved into psychology one of my favorite pastimes was deciphering what made a serial killer and how they conducted themselves in secret from the piercing gaze of society. And you know what I discovered? It's always the people you wouldn't expect.

I find it interesting too, what makes them do what they do? I think it's why we are so enamored with the villain of stories, why they get more press then the hero does.

I hear you have more sympathy for a bad or a good person depending the type of life you have or had. Say life has dealt you the blunt edge of the sword then one will have sympathy for those evildoers. If one has lead a happy life then one will sympathize with the hero.

When I say bad or good, hero or villain, mind you those terms are a form of perspective. We all have goals in life and sometimes those goals clash with others. It is only then when we fancy ourselves good and those who oppose us bad. Truth be told, the villain views himself/herself as a hero of their story.

Latest posts

Back