Ok I asked her and she said......

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dax

Reaction score
Ok went in and was in line, this time she spotted me and smiled. I wasn't dressed as nicely or had my hair combed. It was me my red hat red t-shirt blue jeans and sneakers. I got to the register and addressed her by name, put my order in. Then she asked for my name and she said I see so many people all day, but I'll learn to remember your name. I stepped to the side where they call you over to pick up your food.

This time she came over to me and said so where's your mom she doesn't want to come over and see me, huh? I just smiled and said she's out doing other errands. But she stopped by earlier this week and met your sister and told her to say hi to you. She said aw yes my sister told me, when was that? Wednesday? Dont work Wednesdays. Then there were more customers so she went to go help them.

She comes back serves up some other orders. Then gets to mine (she gave me a generous amount of fries). So towards the end I say, Can I ask you a question? Would you like to hang out with me sometime? Then she says well I'm always here, but if I get some free time I'll let you know. I said aw ok. And yes here is where I screw up, I smiled said thx without getting her number. Though in my defense about two minutes before I ask her both her bosses walk past me to the back of the kitchen plus while she was talking to me customers were waiting so I didnt want to push my luck.

dax said:
Ok went in and was in line, this time she spotted me and smiled. I wasn't dressed as nicely or had my hair combed. It was me my red hat red t-shirt blue jeans and sneakers. I got to the register and addressed her by name, put my order in. Then she asked for my name and she said I see so many people all day, but I'll learn to remember your name. I stepped to the side where they call you over to pick up your food.

This time she came over to me and said so where's your mom she doesn't want to come over and see me, huh? I just smiled and said she's out doing other errands. But she stopped by earlier this week and met your sister and told her to say hi to you. She said aw yes my sister told me, when was that? Wednesday? Dont work Wednesdays. Then there were more customers so she went to go help them.

She comes back serves up some other orders. Then gets to mine (she gave me a generous amount of fries). So towards the end I say, Can I ask you a question? Would you like to hang out with me sometime? Then she says well I'm always here, but if I get some free time I'll let you know. I said aw ok. And yes here is where I screw up, I smiled said thx without getting her number. Though in my defense about two minutes before I ask her both her bosses walk past me to the back of the kitchen plus while she was talking to me customers were waiting so I didnt want to push my luck.

It sounds like a nice rejection to me.

Yeah thats the way I took it, oh well time to move on.

That doesn't sound like a rejection to me, she said if she got some free time, so there is a possibility. I don't know why people always have to look at the negative. Sounds like she works a lot and having free time is a blessing for her, she probably has lots of things to do when she's off work. Most people do. It seems like you had a really great conversation with her, she wanted to talk to you. Which is tricky to do when you are working because some places don't like you fraternizing with customers, or chatting with friends when you are working. She even wanted your mother to say hi to her, people only do that with customers the like. This was a great first step and you shouldn't be discouraged.

Why ask for her number? Why not give her your number so she can contact you? That would put the ball in her court and when she has the time she can contact you.

Sci-Fi said:
That doesn't sound like a rejection to me, she said if she got some free time, so there is a possibility. I don't know why people always have to look at the negative. Sounds like she works a lot and having free time is a blessing for her, she probably has lots of things to do when she's off work. Most people do. It seems like you had a really great conversation with her, she wanted to talk to you. Which is tricky to do when you are working because some places don't like you fraternizing with customers, or chatting with friends when you are working. She even wanted your mother to say hi to her, people only do that with customers the like. This was a great first step and you shouldn't be discouraged.

Why ask for her number? Why not give her your number so she can contact you? That would put the ball in her court and when she has the time she can contact you.

Totally agree, my first impression was really positive and I didn't think she was rejecting you at all. If she didn't want to go out, she would've said something along the lines of, "Well, I'm always working and never have time, sorry." She didn't - she left it open and said that when she has time, she'll let you know. I also agree with giving her your number, leave it up to her - judging from what she said, it's likely she *will* contact you. :)

dax said:
Yeah thats the way I took it, oh well time to move on.

Not necessary but don't ignore other girls. Don't put all your eggs in one basket.

SophiaGrace said:
Sci-Fi said:
I don't know why people always have to look at the negative.

No kidding.

On the other hand why waste your time on someone who isn't interested ?

She didn't say 'yes' or ask for the guys number. It sounds like a bog standard rejection which wasn't meant to offend. No harm done.

Doesn't sound like a negative answer. She said she was always there, working or whatever she does, and that if she ever had some free time, she'd let you know. I know people who know each other on a personal basis that say this to each other. Ask her for some coffee or lunch at a later date.

Triplebogey said:
SophiaGrace said:
Sci-Fi said:

No kidding.

She didn't say 'yes' or ask for the guys number. It sounds like a bog standard rejection which wasn't meant to offend. No harm done.

On the other other hand she did not say no.

I swear to mother of Zeus you are the most negative poster on this forum when it comes to interactions with women.

honeysuckle, even if she did want to contact him she has no means to do so! So you can't absolutely quantify that she didn't want it because the door hasn't been opened...and besides you can't read her mind.

*facepalm*

SophiaGrace said:
I swear to mother of Zeus you are the most negative poster on this forum when it comes to interactions with women.

I think he just talks in the Hyperrealist style. It's a popular movement lately, or rather, it should be :D

Or at least I'd say the OP shouldn't get his hopes up, too much

So, she seemed interested and you went for it. Great job, proud of you. No reason why you can't still get the number.

Batman55 said:
I think he just talks in the Hyperrealist style. It's a popular movement lately, or rather, it should be :D

I hope that's a joke.

Shrimp said:
So, she seemed interested and you went for it. Great job, proud of you. No reason why you can't still get the number.

Or why he can't give her his number. Definitely goes both ways.

I am going back and giving her my number, that way she can contact me if she's really interested yet respect the boundary she put up (she said she would be the one to contact me). Please keep in mind she is very familiar with my mom, they've chatted a bit each time mom got our food there for a couple months now. So if there is a reason for a gentle rejection, that's the reason right there.

dax said:
I am going back and giving her my number, that way she can contact me if she's really interested yet respect the boundary she put up (she said she would be the one to contact me). Please keep in mind she is very familiar with my mom, they've chatted a bit each time mom got our food there for a couple months now. So if there is a reason for a gentle rejection, that's the reason right there.

Good Luck

SophiaGrace said:
Triplebogey said:
SophiaGrace said:
Sci-Fi said:

No kidding.

On the other other hand she did not say no.

honeysuckle, even if she did want to contact him she has no means to do so! So you can't absolutely quantify that she didn't want it because the door hasn't been opened...and besides you can't read her mind.

*facepalm*

Okay then I expect a full apology from you if he doesn't end up going out with her. It's just a gut reaction I have that she isn't interested in him.

Batman55 said:
SophiaGrace said:

Or at least I'd say the OP shouldn't get his hopes up, too much

Oh so it isn't just me. :)

I was thinking - all these posts from blokes who like a woman. Cashiers, girls at college whatever. Has they been one that as had a happy ending ? - I am struggling think of one. Maybe someone can post a link ? A guy liked a girl and she liked him back ?

dax said:

Oh so you trying to say if she doesn't call you it's because of your mom? (jk)

Seems like she likes your mom anyway so that's a plus.

Either way she took time to talk to you. If you try to give her your number and she gets weird or declines try not to take it as rejection, some places look down on you if you fraternize with customers. If you knew when she had a break and timed your visit then and talk to her you may have a better shot.

Rejection is a part of life, you can either not try and always think what if, or hold your head high because at least you had the guts to put yourself out there.

SophiaGrace, how are you today?

I suppose this seems random and off-topic, but I've replied to you a few times and it seems my words are just skipped over. (Which is fine, but I don't know what I said to lead to this response?)

My reaction when I like a guy and he asks me to hang out...

"sure, when do you want to hang out "

Batman55 said:
SophiaGrace, how are you today?

I suppose this seems random and off-topic, but I've replied to you a few times and it seems my words are just skipped over. (Which is fine, but I don't know what I said to lead to this response?)

Today I am trying to wake up. I'm kinda sleepy since I'm trying to readjust my circadium (spelling?) rhythmn for an upcoming roadtrip.

I think I just get overwhelmed with how many nice people there are on these forums and only have so much emotional energy to expend, sometimes I close in upon myself when I'm having a hard time like I have been for the past few months since my graduate school dissapointment and subsequent self-esteem implosion. Also I've been known to feel overwhelmed by very long responses and give up trying to respond to them due to the effort it takes (bad habit :(, though I haven't known you to write me very long responses ). Maybe sometimes I don't see your comments (for example, I've only just now seen your comment on this thread) ?? I have no personal agenda against you and didn't mean to make you feel ignored.

In short, it could be a few things. I hope my explaination helped.

*sipping coffee trying to wake up*

Latest posts

Back