One of those days...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tedgresham

Writer, Thinker, Trouble Maker
Reaction score
Frank Sinatra is playing, "Gone With The Wind..." Apropos...

This is one of those early fall days when a cool front is sweeping through the trees and it's tolerable to be out here in the shop. But fall always fucks me up.

Sometimes I just have to sit down and write to keep from, you know, freaking out. I don't have anybody to share this honeysuckle with, so, whatever. I thought I'd just post my blog of the day here. Younger folks won't get it. Older folks, maybe. Or just ignore this post, whatever. The pic, if it works, is my shop.

Blog: http://texasbohemian.wordpress.com/2011/09/30/all-those-yesterdays/

panshop.jpg

Naleena said:
I enjoyed looking around your blog. I want to know more about the guitar....

My blog is a dangerous place full of corrupting ideas. lol Yeah, I still have it. My buddy and I were going to try and start a little band together a few months ago but he lives too far away for us to practice together. I'm not very good with it, just a strummer. I sing better than I play. My buddy says I sound like Willie Nelson. Ain't that a hoot.

i love willie nelson, though i've heard only around 3 songs of his. go for it!

Factotum said:
i love willie nelson, though i've heard only around 3 songs of his. go for it!

Absolutely. I'm not a big country fan. I can't stand the pretty boy/bimbo stuff on the radio today. Waylon and Willie, though, that was real country. Willie came out with a blues CD, "Milk Cow Blues," incredible. I had the CD but sold it on ebay... but not before ripping it to disk.

Very interesting blog! I'm sorry to hear about your father. I know I'll be completely devastated when I lose my parents, they mean the world to me too.

I think everyone feels some degree of sadness when it comes to nostalgia. I certainly know that I start feeling melancholy when I reflect even on my happiest memories.

I have a stupid question for you already! :p

What's it like to have a brother? I never had siblings, but I've often marvelled at how great it would be to have someone my age that was family that I could trust and just talk to every now and then.

TheSolitaryMan said:
Very interesting blog! I'm sorry to hear about your father. I know I'll be completely devastated when I lose my parents, they mean the world to me too.

I think everyone feels some degree of sadness when it comes to nostalgia. I certainly know that I start feeling melancholy when I reflect even on my happiest memories.

I have a stupid question for you already! :p

What's it like to have a brother? I never had siblings, but I've often marvelled at how great it would be to have someone my age that was family that I could trust and just talk to every now and then.
Hi. Thanks for the comments.

Having a brother probably depends upon how well you get along. Can be a mixed blessing. My brother is 8 years older and he picked on me when I was a kid. He was a wild boy and he moved out when I was pretty young. I was with him off and on, times we were together a lot, other times not so much. He was my second hero behind my dad. When we were both religious in the 80s we went to church together and once he pastored and I helped him out. Back in '93 when I busted my knee and he'd just gone on disability him, my dad and I spend a year or so together just having fun. We built a cabin that used to be out here where I lived, went fishing a lot. He moved away. I got a job and moved away. Later Dad died. Then a few years ago I became an atheist while he's still a hard core Baptist. He's all stuck with god and doesn't have time for me.

Doesn't quite answer your question all that much, like I said, depends. Life goes on. There are lots of situations in life we wonder if we missed out on but then it would not have been our life. Might have been better, would probably have been worse. Religion has built a wall between all my siblings, taller and more impenetrable than the Great Wall of China. Such things happen even if we have siblings. Appreciate your parents. They'll not be here forever. Be there for them, forgive liberally, and be prepared as best you can for their departure. It's about all you can do.

Naleena said:
Wille Nelson? He has a great voice. SO when are you going to upload us a song? hint..hint blues eyes crying in the rain sounds good :p

Well, whenever I can get a way to record, I suppose. Blue Eyes is a great song.

Latest posts

Back