Overwhelmed by complete and total failure!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lovehurtme

Reaction score
I just failed out of college in my senior year. I do not know what options I have at this point. I am beyond depressed. I really don't think there is hope for me. I have been crying non-stop.

Sorry to hear that :(

There is plenty of ppl that don't pass there exams. I have a very bright cousin that always passers everything he dose and most of the time he doesn't even have to study for them. Dose my head in. Well am happy for him but just now he is going for he's chartint accountancy and he's also scared that he well fail. Surprised me cos normory he dose not have such fears. But like he said if he fails he well just put in for them again and study harder for them next time. At least he well know what is in stall for him and have a better idea of what he should be doing to pass.

Its not the end of the world all through it may feel like it is for a bit. Take a step back and go have a well needed brake. Then you well be in a better frame of mind to decide what you are going to do. And remember this dose not make you a failure. there is plenty of successful ppl in the world that failed there exams and college.

(((HUGS)))

It's not failure until you refuse to get back up.

What else do you like to do? You could go to a school just for that specific thing. Like I plan to go to design school. Regular college just isn't for me. I'd rather get straight to what I want to do.

Just think about what else you like to do. Check out some career paths.

Your not a failure, but your future don't look too bright. I'm not gonna lie to you, it not who I am, I don't have any advice for you but to hang in there. The honest truth is that your future is ruin, and I wish you the best of luck in what your next goal is.

Talk to me, pm me, I'm here for you.

Chris 2 said:
Your not a failure, but your future don't look too bright. I'm not gonna lie to you, it not who I am, I don't have any advice for you but to hang in there. The honest truth is that your future is ruin, and I wish you the best of luck in what your next goal is.

Chris, One thing to say to that post, WTF

How is her future over cos she failed a few exams? Come on man. That's just stupid. You are not going to be able to be a shining success at everything you do in life. Its just not possible. Everyone has set backs in there life from time to time. Its how you deal with them that defines you.

Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:

How is her future over cos she failed a few exams? Come on man. That's just stupid. You are not going to be able to be a shining success at everything you do in life. Its just not possible. Everyone has set backs in there life from time to time. Its how you deal with them that defines you.

Bluey, maybe you don't think that a few failed exams is a big deal, but in reality it is if it mean failing out of college. If I reply with "oh everything is gonna be fine", then I am only lying and hurting lovehurtme. So your saying "Its how you deal with them that defines you"? That is loser talk Bluey, you don't encourage that failure is a good thing because it never is, and it doesn't define anyone. I'm starting to get sick of how everyone has become "fake" as of late.

This is far from a failure and very far from the total one.
I have a friend that get out from University after studying there for 2 years and you know what ? He study in the other one with a total success. That is not realy a problem, so cheers up.

Chris 2 said:
Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:

Bluey, maybe you don't think that a few failed exams is a big deal, but in reality it is if it mean failing out of college. If I reply with "oh everything is gonna be fine", then I am only lying and hurting lovehurtme. So your saying "Its how you deal with them that defines you"? That is loser talk Bluey, you don't encourage that failure is a good thing because it never is, and it doesn't define anyone. I'm starting to get sick of how everyone has become "fake" as of late.

This is the problem right here. You think cos you fail at one thing that life is over and your a big fat faller. Its this attitude that you have to change. Of course failing the exams is a big deal. She put a lot of work into it. I failed my driving test 2 times and I was defestated both times. If I had your attitude I would had gave up and conceded myself a failure. I put strait back into it again and eventually passed.

Like VanillaCreme said, It's not failure until you refuse to get back up.

Sorry we can't all be perfect and pass everything we do the first time round for you Chris. But hay. failing is a part of life and Guss what? Everyone fails at things. Its just how it is. Its this attitude you have is why you beat on your self so much. I well hate to see what would happen if you failed your exams. Its why you don't approach a girl as well I think. You are so scared of failure that you refuse to try. That way you don't fail do you. But Guss what you also don't get any further in life. That honest enough for you?

Don't ever call me fake man. One thing I am not is fake. Everyone who knows me here or IRL knows that I am the one person that would always say what I think.

Look in to other educational options, I'd say.

I'm really not too familiar with college procedures, to be honest...couldn't you take that year over again?

Get back on the horse. You're almost there. Don't take years off "thinking" about it as I have done.

I am curious. I know it depends on your status, but what are your options here? Is there some other criteria that a better performance over a year's time can't fix?

We have all the pitholes in our life.It is how we get out of the pithole that matters.

Learn from your mistakes and start over again.You can do it!!!

Her life certainly is NOT ruined! And Bluey is NOT a fake, or a loser!
Consider this as a setback and act accordingly, lovehurtme. Try not to dwell on it, but form a positive plan of action. I think that the most productive thing you can do right now, is to find out what your options are. Hopefully you are over the initial shock and can check into what comes next. Just because we fail at a specific task, doesn't mean that we, as people, are failures in general. Find out about your options and hopefully that will at least give you a direction to go in. Good luck dear. ((hugs))

Chris, I am sorry for what I am about to say. I have been drinking, and do not feel like myself, but in all honesty, I am thinking, "WHO THE F$CK DO YOU THINK YOU ARE?" Dude, you can't type a coherent sentence. I doubt you speak much better than you type, and your dumb a$$ sat there and typed a message to me about how my future is not that bright?! You probably couldn’t read the syllabus from one of my classes, much less take and pass them. I was biochemistry major! I made it to the last year. I failed the final exam and therefore fail a necessary class. I can transfer. I just wanted other options. Listen, if you don't have any suggestions, if you just want to come in here to confirm I failed, here is an idea, "SHUT THE F$CK UP!! AND GO TO HELL A$$HOLE!!" That is all I have to say. Again, I apologize. I will probably get banned after this, but honestly, I don't care.

Chris 2 said:

A) Like I said in the last message, "Who the f$ck are you to tell me my future is not bright?!"

B) The correct statement is," It is not who I am," not "it not who I am." Take an English class before you give advice jacka$$.

C) The correct statement is, "Your future is ruined," not ruin!

D) After that message, why the hell would I want to talk to you? I am not seeking suicide motivation, and that seems to be your goal here. No thanks dude.

Seeing as this will probably be my last message, bye everyone, and sorry for acting like this. I am just lost, depressed and drunk. I will probably transfer, so don't worry about me.

(((((((((((Lovehurtme)))))))))))), sorry to hear this.

Isn't it possible to take that year over again? I have no idea what are college rules in the US, in Lithuania it's possible to do this. You could take additional classes with a private tutor and prepare for that exam better next time. Don't give up, you sound very smart and I'm sure you can pull it off. It's perfectly normal to fail sometimes.

I am pretty sure you can go back and take the classes again, I mean t doesn't look to good but you can try again. Granted if money is an issue then i guess things are depressing but you can always take out a loan and try again. Don't give up.

lovehurtme said:
I will probably get banned after this, but honestly, I don't care.

I don't think you well get band. I am just glad to see you disagreed with him :)

I do like Chris but he needs to be moor positive in life.

And the thing is about this forum is there is very few ppl here that would be bothered about getting band. we come here to express what we feel and if where not able to do that then there is no point in coming here.

I am sure you don't wish Hell onto Chris and that is just the drink talking :) You have not said anything here that would be conceded against the rules.

You are doing what I would do, And that is get drunk, sober up and then make planes to move on and continue on with your life. It is clear from your post that you are a fighter. This wont held you back for long :)

We well see you again when you have sobered up I hope :)

That's the spirit. Fight back. And definitely don't listen to the naysayers. Following that kind of logic I should have been put out of my misery when I dropped out of high school. Not making $15 an hour and being up for a 3rd promotion in a year or making a few hundred dollars in an afternoon doing side work. Yep, that sounds like a ruined future to me <<That would be sarcasm btw>

Sounds like having a clearer (or maybe foggier ;) ) head you have an idea of what you can do to get around this. Transfer, retake the year, whatever it takes - you can get through this. Not everyone passes things the first time out. And in a lot of cases you can pick up more things the second time around. Kind of like watching a movie a second time. You pick up on little things you missed the first time you saw it.

To make it to your senior year of a biochemistry major is a very VERY impressive feat, something that almost no one can say they have done and I'm glad to hear you are going back and trying again that is the best thing to do, to bounce right back and show the world that you are strong enough to shrug off pitfalls and go right on with life just remember what Winston Churchill said:

Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts

I wish you all the best and hope you do come back:)

*hugs lovehurtme*

i'm sorry, try not to get too down on yourself, but i understand you some time to just morn. You are not a failure, from what i've read of your posts your are a very kind and brilliant person, you made it this far don't give up i'm sure you've learned tons of stuff from your classes that you can do stuff with. I'm sure you can probably go back and take the last year again, so it will be more review, just study a little bit more and try and get some help from your proffesser.

i believe in you

:D

Latest posts

Back