Overwhelmed by complete and total failure!!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well everyone, I am talking to the dean of my college about him granting me more retake credits. If that does not work, I will switch to the Kinesiology or Family and Child Ecology majors within my university. My mother is VERY disappointed (as is all of my family), but disappointing others and failure has become a regular part of my life, so I'm used to it. Thanks for the responses, and sorry for all the anger.

Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:
Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:
Your not a failure, but your future don't look too bright. I'm not gonna lie to you, it not who I am, I don't have any advice for you but to hang in there. The honest truth is that your future is ruin, and I wish you the best of luck in what your next goal is.

Talk to me, pm me, I'm here for you.

Chris, One thing to say to that post, WTF

How is her future over cos she failed a few exams? Come on man. That's just stupid. You are not going to be able to be a shining success at everything you do in life. Its just not possible. Everyone has set backs in there life from time to time. Its how you deal with them that defines you.

Bluey, maybe you don't think that a few failed exams is a big deal, but in reality it is if it mean failing out of college. If I reply with "oh everything is gonna be fine", then I am only lying and hurting lovehurtme. So your saying "Its how you deal with them that defines you"? That is loser talk Bluey, you don't encourage that failure is a good thing because it never is, and it doesn't define anyone. I'm starting to get sick of how everyone has become "fake" as of late.

This is the problem right here. You think cos you fail at one thing that life is over and your a big fat faller. Its this attitude that you have to change. Of course failing the exams is a big deal. She put a lot of work into it. I failed my driving test 2 times and I was defestated both times. If I had your attitude I would had gave up and conceded myself a failure. I put strait back into it again and eventually passed.

Like VanillaCreme said, It's not failure until you refuse to get back up.

Sorry we can't all be perfect and pass everything we do the first time round for you Chris. But hay. failing is a part of life and Guss what? Everyone fails at things. Its just how it is. Its this attitude you have is why you beat on your self so much. I well hate to see what would happen if you failed your exams. Its why you don't approach a girl as well I think. You are so scared of failure that you refuse to try. That way you don't fail do you. But Guss what you also don't get any further in life. That honest enough for you?

Don't ever call me fake man. One thing I am not is fake. Everyone who knows me here or IRL knows that I am the one person that would always say what I think.

Well you hit the nail on the coffin that time, but this isn't about me, its about lovehurtme. I never call you fake, if you misinterpret me. I know you real man, but people before and after you, it seem all so fake. I know you been through many things and you certainly didn't raise up in the same home I grew in. I'm sorry I call you a loser, I wanted everyone to actually take this matter serious.

Oh I'm sorry if the OP misinterpret me and is saying honeysuckle to me. You guys are unbelievable. I come here trying to be honest as much as possible, because I have seen people who fail out of college, and their future was not as bright as it could be. Well if you came here for advice, that was my advice to you, fine you don't agree with me, you think I'm here to hurt you? Why on earth would I do that?

I switched my major to Family and Child Ecology. I will graduate in Spring of 2010. I will apply to grad school after that. Thanks everyone. Sorry for what I said Chris. I really wanted to graduate with a Biochem degree, and apply to med school, but we can't always do everything we want to do. That is life. Thanks for the support.

lovehurtme said:
I switched my major to Family and Child Ecology. I will graduate in Spring of 2010. I will apply to grad school after that. Thanks everyone. Sorry for what I said Chris. I really wanted to graduate with a Biochem degree, and apply to med school, but we can't always do everything we want to do. That is life. Thanks for the support.

Never apologize for defending yourself or what's right. :) And I'm happy that you will at least get to continue your studies.

((hugs))

Chris 2 said:
Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:
Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:
Your not a failure, but your future don't look too bright. I'm not gonna lie to you, it not who I am, I don't have any advice for you but to hang in there. The honest truth is that your future is ruin, and I wish you the best of luck in what your next goal is.

How is her future over cos she failed a few exams? Come on man. That's just stupid. You are not going to be able to be a shining success at everything you do in life. Its just not possible. Everyone has set backs in there life from time to time. Its how you deal with them that defines you.

Bluey, maybe you don't think that a few failed exams is a big deal, but in reality it is if it mean failing out of college. If I reply with "oh everything is gonna be fine", then I am only lying and hurting lovehurtme. So your saying "Its how you deal with them that defines you"? That is loser talk Bluey, you don't encourage that failure is a good thing because it never is, and it doesn't define anyone. I'm starting to get sick of how everyone has become "fake" as of late.

This is the problem right here. You think cos you fail at one thing that life is over and your a big fat faller. Its this attitude that you have to change. Of course failing the exams is a big deal. She put a lot of work into it. I failed my driving test 2 times and I was defestated both times. If I had your attitude I would had gave up and conceded myself a failure. I put strait back into it again and eventually passed.

Sorry we can't all be perfect and pass everything we do the first time round for you Chris. But hay. failing is a part of life and Guss what? Everyone fails at things. Its just how it is. Its this attitude you have is why you beat on your self so much. I well hate to see what would happen if you failed your exams. Its why you don't approach a girl as well I think. You are so scared of failure that you refuse to try. That way you don't fail do you. But Guss what you also don't get any further in life. That honest enough for you?

Don't ever call me fake man. One thing I am not is fake. Everyone who knows me here or IRL knows that I am the one person that would always say what I think.

Well you hit the nail on the coffin that time, but this isn't about me, its about lovehurtme. I never call you fake, if you misinterpret me. I know you real man, but people before and after you, it seem all so fake. I know you been through many things and you certainly didn't raise up in the same home I grew in. I'm sorry I call you a loser, I wanted everyone to actually take this matter serious.

Oh I'm sorry if the OP misinterpret me and is saying honeysuckle to me. You guys are unbelievable. I come here trying to be honest as much as possible, because I have seen people who fail out of college, and their future was not as bright as it could be. Well if you came here for advice, that was my advice to you, fine you don't agree with me, you think I'm here to hurt you? Why on earth would I do that?

Hit the nail on the coffin? LMAO. I love mixed metaphors :p

Seriously Chris, you need to watch the comments you make on people's posts. Rolling over and playing dead may work for you, but most people have more spine than that.

I don't see the contributors to this thread as fake at all... they have offered encouragement, which is far better than some snide, pessimistic comment.

lovehurtme said:

No need to apologise. I really hope Family and Child Ecology works out for you :)

lovehurtme said:

It OK lovehurtme. Even with what you said to me, I remember a time when I said something pretty much 10 times worst to Robin, so I know everyone does make mistake. Nevertheless I could never take any offense to what you told me, your going to a rough time and I probably shouldn't have even be that brutal on my first post to you. And I too apologize, did not realize that what I said could really trigger you especially given your current situation. After learning about your situation, since your a chem major, your pretty much light year ahead of me, so it time now to be optimistic. I hope you get back into the school after you talk to the dean.

Best of luck and sorry

edit: Steel did you get that "roll over and play dead" from my dead mood? Nice one

Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:
Bluey said:
Chris 2 said:

Completely agree with Bluey. Don't tell anyone they don't even have a future because of simple stuff. That's not your place to tell someone that their future is dim. Get off your high horse, dude. Who are you to tell someone that? That's not a good thing to say to anyone.

Steel said:
Hit the nail on the coffin? LMAO. I love mixed metaphors :p

Seriously Chris, you need to watch the comments you make on people's posts. Rolling over and playing dead may work for you, but most people have more spine than that.

I don't see the contributors to this thread as fake at all... they have offered encouragement, which is far better than some snide, pessimistic comment.

I agree completely with this as well.

As for lovehurtme. Go for it. You'll do great. You never know the lives you might change doing that. It may turn out better than you ever thought, girl.

I know it sucks to not get to do what you wanted to do at the beggining, but everything happens for a reason, even if we dont like the outcome of it sometimes..sometimes the things that happen, end up benefitting us in the future cause indirectly, whether we know it or not, we didnt know that is exactly what we wanted to do. Sometimes we needed to go through a little bit of a hard situation to get over the barrier that was preventing us from seeing that. Life is full of twists and turns.

But never give up on anything. Ive learned that giving up only makes you feel worse about things in the long run.

I really hope your choice works out for you :)

lovehurtme said:
Well everyone, I am talking to the dean of my college about him granting me more retake credits. If that does not work, I will switch to the Kinesiology or Family and Child Ecology majors within my university. My mother is VERY disappointed (as is all of my family), but disappointing others and failure has become a regular part of my life, so I'm used to it. Thanks for the responses, and sorry for all the anger.

If you was my daughter I would be proud of you. Just continue to go your own way and I am sure you well do well for yourself where ever you end up.

Chris 2 said:

Ye its the last nail in the coffin and you really hit the nail on the head with that one ;)

where cool Chris don't sweet it dude :)

I was not happy living at home. This is why I left at 20 years old on my own. Not cos of college or cos I and a GF wonted our own space or anything, but cos I was not happy at home. But that's another long and much told storey. I am pretty sure I have told that on here be for. But anyway I have found that in some ways to had moved out when I did helped me.

The Dean did offer me retake credits. I want to take the class over, but I hated my major! I hated Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, AND PHYSIOLOGY!!!! Everyday of class was hell for me, full of self doubt and sadness. I want to finish my degree in the college of Natural Sciences, but I hate every day of my exsistence there. I have earned 113 credits. I need 120 to graduate. It sucks to miss by one class, and then have to change plans. But I have already taken 2 Family and Child Ecology classes. I got A's in both of them. I volunteer a lot, and I love helping people. I want to go that route, but I am overwhelmed by fear of what others will think. "Wow, she is still here! She has not graduated? What is she doing?" My family will say, "She is a disappointment." My sister graduates this year! She is 2 years younger than me. I spent a year in the army though. My whole family will be there thinking, "Why hasn't LHM graduated? Why can't she be like her sister." They will say it to me too! I can't take the thought. The idea was so painful to me, and I just could not take it! I almost did something crazy, but it didn't work. I am still very sad, but I am trying to hold out hope. My adviser said that I am bright, and can use my degree into family therapy and psychology. I know that is a good place for me, but I am still sad. Thanks for all the positive responses.

And thanks Bluey for the daughter comment. I feel like I've disappointed my mother the most, and I can't take the thought. :(

Your mother isn't in school for you. And she won't have your job. Sweets, don't worry about who's disappointed. They aren't in your shoes. Personally, I'm proud of you. To even be in classes like that. I know you'll do good at your new major, and perhaps you'll find some things out about yourself that will make you even more beautiful than you already are. Keep pushing through, hun.

Success is just series of failures.
Move forward inspite of it all..be hard headed about it too.

Come on...we're all capible of being hard headed...apply it appropriately to our advangtage.

lovehurtme said:
The Dean did offer me retake credits. I want to take the class over, but I hated my major! I hated Organic Chemistry, Microbiology, Biochemistry, AND PHYSIOLOGY!!!! Everyday of class was hell for me, full of self doubt and sadness. I want to finish my degree in the college of Natural Sciences, but I hate every day of my exsistence there. I have earned 113 credits. I need 120 to graduate. It sucks to miss by one class, and then have to change plans. But I have already taken 2 Family and Child Ecology classes. I got A's in both of them. I volunteer a lot, and I love helping people. I want to go that route, but I am overwhelmed by fear of what others will think. "Wow, she is still here! She has not graduated? What is she doing?" My family will say, "She is a disappointment." My sister graduates this year! She is 2 years younger than me. I spent a year in the army though. My whole family will be there thinking, "Why hasn't LHM graduated? Why can't she be like her sister." They will say it to me too! I can't take the thought. The idea was so painful to me, and I just could not take it! I almost did something crazy, but it didn't work. I am still very sad, but I am trying to hold out hope. My adviser said that I am bright, and can use my degree into family therapy and psychology. I know that is a good place for me, but I am still sad. Thanks for all the positive responses.

Wow, you must seriously be my twin, honestly! wow..

I have that problem too, I am majoring in the sciences, mostly because well it runs in the family and well it is a REAL pain in the butt. I need to get 120 credits too...and im no where near that. Those chemistry's are a nightmare, EVERYTHING with chemistry in it is just...ugh and ive been considering changing my major, but im afraid what my family will think if I decide to change my major to something that isnt like what my sisters are doing right now..something with less prestige.Like I feel like I have to meet up to my sisters standards in order to prove myself, so people wont look down on me and say

"oh why arent you as smart as your sisters? why cant you be like them?" its incredibly annoying

but ive learned that I dont care what people think anymore. Im just going to role my way and go with it, its my future and what I like to do. so I just dont care what people tell me anymore. So you should go with what feels right for you, dont care about what anyone tells you and just do it :)

lovehurtme said:

Yes be very proud of yourselves. So all fare in love and war work out for you, that awesome lovehurtme. Man if I had to take those classes I'll be either MIA or KIA:D

Chris 2 said:

Chris you are a total moron!

lovehurtme said:

Why did you never change your major early on in college if you didn't like the curriculum?

I took every one of those courses, some more than one, and loved each one (maybe not organic chem.) I couldn't imagine myself taking a series of courses that I didn't like and expect to make the grades I need.

Latest posts

Back