perfect movies for lonely guys. and girls too!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
As a film buff and hopless romantic at heart (I'm currently wading through all sorts of schmaltzy tv movies as well as feature films in an effort to try and cheer myself up), I thought I'd give my list of personal recommendations including a few outright favourites starting with my alltime fave comedy:

PLAY IT AGAIN, SAM - The best Woody Allen film ever made that he didn't make himself (only wrote) In an era where most comedies rely on outright gross humour, unfunny and OTT profanity and are just at times plain unamusing let alone hilarious, this film not only stands up as well as it did nearly 40 years ago but it contains more genuine laughs and romance than any 10 films today in that field. Just beats "Blazing Saddles" for me as my alltime favourite comedy. Just watch the scene where his friends bring over a blind date and tell me you've seen a more defter comic scene so gut-bustingly hilarious and cringeworthy, I nearly coughed my lungs right out of my chest :p

Other honorable mentions are:

ANNIE HALL
THE SURE THING (It's John Cusack fer chrissakes, he the man!)
HI-FIDELITY
MUST LOVE DOGS
JUST LIKE HEAVEN
MARTY
SWINGERS (in my top 10 of all time)
MIDNIGHT IN PARIS
ADAM
ETERNAL SUNSHINE OF THE SPOTLESS MIND
THE ANSWER MAN
AS GOOD AS IT GETS
SOMETHING'S GOTTA GIVE
SIDEWAYS
CHRISTMAS MAIL
CHASING AMY (more so if you're a Kevin Smith fan but still great)
DEFINATELY, MAYBE
SHALLOW HAL
THE LONELY GUY (A Steve Martin comedy I only saw recently not bad at all one of his early ones)
GOING THE DISTANCE (A comedy that is loaded with profanity and adult humour but guess what? IT'S ACTUALLY FUNNY! And it has Drew Barrymmmmmmmmm-ore so there)
ANOTHER EARTH
HITCH
THIS YEAR'S LOVE

I could go on and on with this list but these will do for now, methinks

Any movie that is nothing but action and has absolutely no relationships within the movie.
Basically no movies. *laughs*
(Actually I see someone up above say Rambo. That would be a good one. No worries of seeing people dating or kissing in that one.)

Latest posts

Back