Perhaps I'm a bit odd

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mitsuhideakechi

Reaction score
So, looking about these forums (and other things) I see numerous points talking about relationships and friendships. I see with these an odd number of people seeming to place these categories in opposite camps, most notably the infamous "friendship zone".

Now I don't know about others here but I personally would not want a relationship apart from friendship. For me the ideal relationship would be with a friend, because after the fires of passion die down(and they will) I still want to enjoy their company more than others.

Any thoughts?

I believe that if there is a base of strong friendship the relationship will be amazing with time. It's all about being free discussing about anything and being there for the otehr person so yes it's important being friends and also passion is requiered.

Indeed the op has it right when saying you need to be friends for a long term relationship to work. I know I wouldn't want to be involved with someone I couldn't be friends with!

There is the saying ' half a loaf is better than no bread' - but if you want more than friendship, if you are in love with someone who just doesn't see you that way, it can be terribly painful. The yearning and aching feeling in your heart, the desire to touch and be caressed back can be a physical pain, it truly can.

Now maybe there are those who can stifle these feelings and go on to be just good friends without the pain, but I would say its quite hard to do, at the beginning certainly.😿

Latest posts

Back