procrastination

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suckaG

Reaction score
In recent months, I’ve evolved from pulling ‘all nighters’ to pulling ‘morning of’s when working on papers for school. Each deadline gets increasingly tighter and tighter, but my marks don’t seem to suffer, and somehow in hades, I maintain an A average. This is both a blessing and a curse, since one would assume that bad habits are reflected with negative consequences, and this would teach me to change my foolish ways; somehow though, this is not the case when it comes to academic writing.

So my question is: does anyone have any tips on combating procrastination in general? What do you do to get things done in a timely fashion? I always say I’m going to start extra early the next time around, but my ability to delay the inevitable and thus trap myself again and again is sadly impressive.

any words of wisdom?

Almost every student has this problem dude. There is no magic formula. It's black and white. It's either do it earlier or do it last minute. The choice is up to you.

I have no idea, which is why I am here readingg threads instead of doing the insanly mass amount of homework i have due

Just get it done. Easier said than done, but, just get school work out of the way. Then you can relax until the next wave of work comes rolling in.

@suckaG: I don't really worry about procrastination, even though it's a major problem for me. I always wait until the last minute to work on things, and like you, my grades never seem to suffer for it...

...so the way I've sort of learned to see it is that I'm just naturally at my best when I'm stressed and pushed against a deadline. I find that I'm most creative and capable when I have no choice but to get it DONE or FAIL. *shrug*

So really, I just accept my lazy, procrastinating side, and use it as well as I can. ^_^

Cynic said:
Almost every student has this problem dude. There is no magic formula. It's black and white. It's either do it earlier or do it last minute. The choice is up to you.

true point! thanks for the advice

evanescencefan91 said:
I have no idea, which is why I am here readingg threads instead of doing the insanly mass amount of homework i have due

LOL. I can firmly relate with your bafflement as I write this reply.

VanillaCreme said:
Just get it done. Easier said than done, but, just get school work out of the way. Then you can relax until the next wave of work comes rolling in.

ahh, good perspective; I need to put more focus on the end result; the ability to be lazy later rather than in the moment.

Badjedidude said:
@suckaG: I don't really worry about procrastination, even though it's a major problem for me. I always wait until the last minute to work on things, and like you, my grades never seem to suffer for it...

...so the way I've sort of learned to see it is that I'm just naturally at my best when I'm stressed and pushed against a deadline. I find that I'm most creative and capable when I have no choice but to get it DONE or FAIL. *shrug*

So really, I just accept my lazy, procrastinating side, and use it as well as I can. ^_^

LOL! nice philosophy. it's also how I roll, but I fear it will bite me badly, especially once I go for my masters. can't afford to screw up there!

it's simple really...if you enjoy doing something...you simply won't put it off.
If you dread doing it...you'll put it off till the last minute to never.

Simply just make a scehdule for your study time and make a committment.
Wheather you like it or not...whaether you want to or not...wheather you study or not.
Even if you have to stair at the four walls.
After a while your brain will catch up...it'll be borning as fresia doing nothing..then you'll study...becuase studying
will give your brain sometype of simulations aside from stairing at the four walls...
After a while you'll just get into a routine.

Saperate you study desk from your play desk...get another PC if you have too.

that's all it is...you're routine is procastination.

Reward yourself after you had accomplished your task...don't wait for your professor..simply reward yourself just for doing it.

A routine I got into while being a manager...I did the hardest thing on my list of things I do, first.
I dread making phone calls to clients and telling them bad news..or i dread calling certain clients period becuase they were dickheads.
And a lot of tasked that I deemed tideous. I simply did those task first thing in the morning....becuase it was all fucken downhill from there.
I had dead lines up the fucken ass. I'm a fucken clown...I can juggle and multitask like son of a *****. And my boss just throws more honeysuckle on my desk. It's a fucken endless cycle.
My work days got eaier, I became less stressed and I got more done. Sometimes I had to lock my fucken office and not to be bothered for a couple of hours...that was my sechdule
to get important honeysuckle done without getting side tracked...becuase there's always fucken something someone needed me to do or sometimes there's un expected events which will side track me
for an entire day.

It was my 2 hours of total focus and maxmizing my time and energy.

I'm also a musician...that means...practice, practice, practice for a couple of hours everyday wheather I felt like it or not.

I also work out everyday wheather i like it or not. Wheather i want to or not.

I also don't drink or us drugs no matter what. I attend my support group meetings regularly wheather I like it or not.
I hate attending meetings half of the fucken time.

I also love Chelle very much..wheather she drives me crazy or not.

It's a committment...man

Latest posts

Back