Progression 2: Regret

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Protector

Reaction score
Hello everybody. This is my seccond poem I've written and I did post the first one just in case you want to read it. This one is about the decision I mention in the first progression. The girl I talk about in the first progression is an alcoholic and I try to help her with it but idk how good it's working. When you read this keep in mind that I never drank because I don't want people thinking I'm a drunk as well because I'm not. I refuse to drink, smoke, or do drugs or anything els like that because I know what they all do and I don't want any of that happening to me or anyone bit unfortunately there are a lot of people who do these things and I can't do much to help that but I try anyway. Well read this and I hope you like it and comment to tell me what you think about it please :)

Progression 2
(Regret)
Written by The Protector
 On March 29, 2011

Because of you my answer was yes,
And now I see the other answer was best.

After our weekday job we went in secret,
And everything about it is now what I regret.

Yes was the worst decision I could have made,
But just like a mutt I obeyed.

after that day I said no more,
But now my head is very sore.

But I'm glad I had the mint,
An lucky my parents can't take a hint.

Stomach retching,
Head aching.

Guild flooded days,
Now tears aren't all that has left my vision a haze.

Vision blurred,
Balance disturbed,
I'm glad she is the only one who heard.

Puke on the wall,
None in the hall.

The Cleaners are here,
Not noticing my tears.

She is gone,
And only I new it was wrong.

My battle is done,
Unfortunately I've  not won.

There was nothing that I used to fear,
Not even death,
But now I fear that if you pick up another beer,
That you will be claimed by the Egyptian god Seth.

I have to let you go,
But before I do I want you to know,

That it has made me very tired,
Worrying about your life becoming expired.

So now please think before you pick up another beer,
That if you die,
More than just many will shed a tear,
I can't help you anymore so now,
Bye.

I used to hate poetry but one night I just started writing and I wound up writing the first Progression that night. All of the poems I've written I wrote in one day except for my 8th one.

The next Progression is Progression 3:Question and this one is A poem I wrote for a girl I like and she likes me too (but she dosent like me like I like her or els she wouldn't have said no to being my girlfriend) but she did just break up with her Ex not too long before I gave it to her. I will post progression 3 later this week most likely

I was married to an alcoholic and he didn't want to stop drinking...unless she wants help, no one can change her. There are plently of ways for her to get sober if she did want help. My husband left me and after I divorced him, he ended up dying from alcoholism.

The poem expresses your pain from not being able to help her and, therefore, not be able to be in a healthy relationship with her. It also points out that no matter how painful it is, you know you had to let go.

It is great that you have chosen a sober, drug free and non-smoking way to live. There is so much you will experience and find joy in just being "high on life!"

That is really bad that he had to get caught all up in drinking and that he died from it. for you to marry him means that you loved him and for something like a liquid to ruin something like love is just awfull. my grandma had a big drinking problem but she now goes to those AA meeting things for alcoholics and she will not drink alcohol at all.

I will not drink, smoke, or do drugs at all because i know what they do to people and i dont want that happening to anyone but i cant stop people from doing wat they want to but i can at least try to lead them in the right direction.

The way i live by is this; I know i cant protect everybody, but it dosent mean im going to be contempt protecting only those who i can hold in my arms.

That is really bad that he had to get caught all up in drinking and that he died from it. for you to marry him means that you loved him and for something like a liquid to ruin something like love is just awfull. my grandma had a big drinking problem but she now goes to those AA meeting things for alcoholics and she will not drink alcohol at all.

I will not drink, smoke, or do drugs at all because i know what they do to people and i dont want that happening to anyone but i cant stop people from doing wat they want to but i can at least try to lead them in the right direction.

The way i live by is this; I know i cant protect everybody, but it dosent mean im going to be contempt protecting only those who i can hold in my arms.

I don't any of that stuff either, definately not smoking or drugs, those are the ones i refuse to do indefinately.
Alcohol is ok, in moderation, i've only tried a few drinks so far, if i had to drink white wine would be my choice, its the only alcoholic drink i think tastes ok.

Being under age is definitely a good reason for not indulging in smoking, drinking and drugs. The other main reasons are that obviously they are very bad for your health. Also, while under the influence of alcohol and drugs, your reasoning, behavior, and even morals are affected, and the drunker or more high you get, you may do things or say things that you would never normally do if you were sober.

Two extreme examples of this is two men a friend of mine knew. The first killed someone while driving drunk. The other one, over a silly argument about who was a better bowler, left the bowling lanes, went home, got his gun and hid by the other man's car. When the other man came out into the parking lot and approached his car, he shot him in the chest. The man died, and now the idiot who shot him is doing a life sentence in prison.

I wonder how each of these men felt when they sobered up and realized what they had done (if they even remembered)?! All because they thought drinking and/or drugs would make them have a better time.

Latest posts

Back