Rant - Friends dating friends is never good...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Divzro

Reaction score
<Rant>
So I have have two friends that are dating. So I am talking to Friend A yesterday and out of nowhere he tells me that he is thinking about sleeping with Friend C. "Hey, yah the pizza is really good here.. I think im going to sleep with ****, pretty sure she wants to too."

That would be fine except he is dating Friend B. Really? Does he hate me that much. So we both have trust issues, and we pretty much tell each other everything because we trust each other. So I cant say anything to Friend B (The one hes dating) because that trust is important to me. I cant say anything to my wife because shes good friends with friend B and she would say something.

Then today I come home and the wife has friend B over and are watching tv and I felt so guilty I couldn't even stay in the room. I didnt even want to talk to her and that just made me look like an a**.

So my friends are f***ing each other literary and figuratively. Im mad at friend A for telling me. Im mad at friend C for egging him on, and I feel so guilty I dont want to talk to friend B, or A and C for that matter.

I really dont know what to do, I dont have alot of friends, and the ones I have are really important to me. But there is nothing I can do except nothing that wont hurt someone. And if I dont do anything I feel shitty for friend B. And I keep thinking about that rush lyric "If you choose not to decide, you still have made a choice."

</Rant>

After typing all that out it occurred to me I should probably call friend A and tell him he would be a ****** waffle for doing it and try and talk him out of it.. Didnt think of that till just now (^-^)>

I would tell friend A that its a terrible idea.... and he needs to stop the crap now... this is a sucky situation to be in.. i'm sorry.

Honestly, you can't stop them. And whatever you say to them, they probably won't consider it. So just let that train wreck go and keep walking. I kind of went through that myself a few weeks ago. Except with me, the girlfriend of the friend thought I was some sort of threat to her. I still don't understand it, but whatever. I was never interested in him as anything more than a friend, but them dating ruined the friendship I had with either of them.

I'm not a big fan of drama. I left all of that back in high school.

Personally, I'd just sit back and let honeysuckle happen as it will. Why the fresia should any of it be my problem? lol

So I'd say just let them do whatever they want and then if they come ***** to you later, tell them it's not your business and you had nothing to do with it. And if they keep bitching... well, then they shouldn't be your friends, should they?

Something to think about. :p

Dating within the group of friends is always a bad idea. Unfortunately, there's not much you can do to stop it. However, you should definitely call ****** bag A and remind him all the people he'll be hurting if he goes through with his stupid stunt.

This is a very uncomfortable position to be in I'm sure. I think that if you value all of their friendships, you should tell friend A that he will do ireprable damage in doing what he's contemplating. If he values YOUR friendship he would not put you in that position.
Divzro said:
After typing all that out it occurred to me I should probably call friend A and tell him he would be a ****** waffle for doing it and try and talk him out of it.. Didnt think of that till just now (^-^)>
On a completely separate issue, I am compelled to say the following:
****** Waffle? I love it!

*Update*

So I ended up just talking to the Wife about it. She called Friend C and was like "I noticed you have alot of Facebook post on ** lately.." Hour and half later they where still talking and she told me all was kosher. Guess shes the better half =P. Thanks for reading/replying to my rant though, it made me feel better at the time =P.

Glad it worked out Divzro, i had this problem once.. My Roommate and one of my best friends were dating (Roommate was a guy best friend a girl)

One day i noticed She had a hicky on her neck... being the a hole i am i of course went on about it, until she told me it wasnt from my Roommate.. I told her she either told him by the time i got home or I did.. This way he cant be mad at me for witholding information, and its not like I was being unresonable with her right? It didnt exactly end too we'll lol, but atleast i kept my sorry @$$ out of it.

Latest posts

Back