Recently Single & No Tears!

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B

Blue_Eyed_Symphony

I guess my headline says it all? Not quite. I am newly single. I broke up with him. Whyl because he judges my life. I'm sorry that I'm not good enough for you but I will NOT apologize for the life I lived BEFORE I met you. I come from a pretty, how should I say it, controversal life. I wasn't brought up in the loving, privileged, prestigious family that he was. I haven't done bad things or anything but I've had some experiences that some wouldn't consider fit for a kid. But hey, I was dealt a bad hand of cards, all I could do was play the cards that given to me the best way I knew how at the time. Anyway, he is always trying to change me. He wants me to turn my back on what I love. In example, I write a lot about my experiences. I look at it like this : What life throws at you is there. You can't wish it away. Trust me, I tried. you take each experience and you make a choice of what you want to do with it. Rather you make the right decision or wrong. I don't want to forget my experiences because it is what made me today, who I am. It sucked, I fell to my knees countless times, but it's just more to learn from and makes you stronger. He pretty much wanted me to lose contact with my brother who is in a mental institute receiving help. He is ashamed of me having a brother who is mentally ill. Well, I couldn't accept him looking down on me and I certainly will not forget my brother. I applaud him for getting help and I am not ashamed of it. If he can't accept who I am, then I am not who is meant for him. So, no tears.

Congrats, thats a great attitude. More women should be like this and dump your partner if he/she isn't treating you right.

passage said:
Congrats, thats a great attitude. More women should be like this and dump your partner if he/she isn't treating you right.
Thank you but it's nothing to be congratulated over. It's just my way of thinking. But thank you. I agree, people should not stay in a relationship in which they are not respected.

No wonder you come off so adult. Life experiences and what not. Good for you. I'm guessing this guy was around your age, eh? Still kinda young. It's amazing what only a couple of years does for people. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding another who accepts you, your past and anything else you might throw at them. Best of luck finding them. :)

IambicBlonde said:
No wonder you come off so adult. Life experiences and what not. Good for you. I'm guessing this guy was around your age, eh? Still kinda young. It's amazing what only a couple of years does for people. I'm sure you won't have any problems finding another who accepts you, your past and anything else you might throw at them. Best of luck finding them. :)
Thank you. XOXO

And I am getting more and more convinced to get out of my relationship.
Good for you though. You shouldn't do what doesn't make you happy.

Latest posts

Back