Religeon?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What religeon(s) do you most closely associate with? Go ahead and click more than one if you like.

• Christianity

Votes: 10 34.5%
  • Islam

Votes: 1 3.4%
  • Hinduism

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Buddhism

• Sikhism

• Judaism

• Shinto

• Confucianism

• Other

Votes: 12 41.4%
  • Atheism/None

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters
I was raised as a Southern Baptist. I married a Jehovah's Witness the first time and then a wanna be Catholic. The other side of my family (not sure what they were) belived in speaking in tongues and faith healing etc.

I personally have adopted my own little set of rules. I do my best to follow the laws of God in the Bible and live a good life. I know I can't always follow God's rules, but that's what makes us human. I suffer greatly myself, but I don't think it has anything to do with whether God is good or exists etc. I refer back to the story of Job in the Bible. He suffered tremendously to prove his faith and in the end was rewarded with happiness beyond belief.

I have been raised a high-holiday christian. Meaning, church on christmas and easter. we don't even say grace before we eat anymore. we used to, every day, but not anymore. I was baptized and did my first communion and all, but I don't believe it so much. I tried to turn to god when I had some emotional troubles two years back, but it always just made me feel like a sinner and i couldn't help but hate myself because I wasn't feeling any better. so, that whole "turn to god" thing didn't work for me, which was really a let down. I tried really hard to make it work, and I would have been a lot better off if it had, but it didn't.
After that I got into wicca for a while, but it always struck me as such a pure thing, I felt like I was defiling it somehow. So, I tried to be pagan. Which was alright for a while. Norse gods, and they've got rituals and whatnot that helped me a lot. I moved past that too before too long. None of it ever meant much to me though.
But I've always felt a gravitation towards Buddhism. It's fascinated me, and I've always tried to model myself by the Buddha's teachings. Of course, peace is a hard thing to find. It'd be easier to trust a god to bring me peace, but more and more recently I've come to realize that there is no one god, not for me. Maybe there is a god that I don't know, but if there is it's become quite apparent that no greater god wants me.
I've always felt that people are amazing creatures. I see people on the streets, at a bus stop, in a store, and I see entire worlds, each encompassed and defined by a single perspective. People are their own gods. People are all the master of their own feelings, their outlook. So, I've decided to find my own peace, to rule my own mind. I've decided to become god.

Well lets see.. I was raised to be Catholic and I used to go to Catholic church and all that but somehow I felt that it wasnt for me, I dont know.

I just believe in one God that is a power stonger than us, someone that kind of governs the world around us somehow. Hes there but not there..if you get what I mean?

I believe that there is something greater than us, something that created us and I call it God. I guess you can say im a Christian, I believe in God and I respect that, but arent there other religions that believe in something greater than us? It doesnt nessesarily have to be the "God" Christians refer to.. Im not sure what religion I am to be honest..its all rather confusing, thats why I voted "other" in the poll.

I also believe in like... I dont know what to call it, I guess you can say superstisions, and spirits and Karma. Like I believe your actions can influence the way that you live and how your life will turn out in the long run. Like the way you behave towards others and the things you do will reflect who you become and what happens day by day. What you do to others will come back to you worse, and I solely believe that. And also believe that things happen for a reason, whether we like them or not..
I believe in like tarot reading, and like I guess rituals and stuff too..depends..

I guess you can say im very open minded to different things and different religions and I respect that. I guess im a mixture of different kinds. :)

Wow I hope that wasnt too confusing haha

Latest posts

Back