Seperate

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

Esennex

Sometimes I wonder if I'm the only person with a heart and conscience. People almost seem inhuman to me.
Sometimes I wonder if caring about people is a fatal disease.
Everything seems so disposable to everyone.
Sometimes I wonder if people are even disposable to themselves.

Mathematically it seems impossible that I can be the only person like myself. Anybody else out there still have a decent soul?

A conscience?
A heart?
A MIND??

It's not that I don't give people a chance. I have a lot of patience with them. Why does every one of them fail to show even one shred of decency then?
How long do I have to wait to meet someone else who is like me????

This is a longstanding issue in fields such as philosophy of mind and cognitive science.  We cannot prove than any other human has a mind, a soul, a conscience, or a consciousness.  we cannot prove that other people are sentient or are rational, thinking beings.  We assume that they are because to assume otherwise trivializes every human interaction that we experience and cuts us off from the rest of the world.  We go through our lives acting as though we know everyone else thinks and feels as we do, but in fact this is nothing more than a social nicety, or a necessary politeness.

You have to believe that other people really are fundamentally similar to you, or you'll lose all hope and ability to connect with others.  It can be hard sometimes, especially if you're going through a tough time.  But I don't think there is any other feasible option.

Elaeagnus said:
This is a longstanding issue in fields such as philosophy of mind and cognitive science.  We cannot prove than any other human has a mind, a soul, a conscience, or a consciousness.  we cannot prove that other people are sentient or are rational, thinking beings.  We assume that they are because to assume otherwise trivializes every human interaction that we experience and cuts us off from the rest of the world.  We go through our lives acting as though we know everyone else thinks and feels as we do, but in fact this is nothing more than a social nicety, or a necessary politeness.

You have to believe that other people really are fundamentally similar to you, or you'll lose all hope and ability to connect with others.  It can be hard sometimes, especially if you're going through a tough time.  But I don't think there is any other feasible option.

I was not asking for proof. I was instead searching for individuals who shared my viewpoint. I've also never gone through my life acting as though I know everyone else thinks and feels as I do. In fact I've known for a long time that they don't.

No I already know that other people really are NOT fundamentally similiar to me. I figured that one out years ago. My question still again lies in finding those who possibly could be.

To be funtamentally similiar to other people would require me to change and thats not something I want to do. :D

Elaeagnus said:

I was not asking for proof. I was instead searching for individuals who shared my viewpoint. I've also never gone through my life acting as though I know everyone else thinks and feels as I do. In fact I've known for a long time that they don't.

No I already know that other people really are NOT fundamentally similiar to me. I figured that one out years ago. My question still again lies in finding those who possibly could be.

To be fundamentally similiar to other people would require me to change and thats not something I want to do. :D

i've meet sum pretty bad people..but there are also good people out there who care..TRUST ME

Hi Guest,

I think all people who really think for themselves, perhaps such as you and I, have trouble fitting into the crowd. I also refuse to conform to other people's opinions and views--and that has caused me stress and loneliness in my life. However I won't compromise my principles--at least not ones that really matter to me.

Well, I haven't met anyone who genuinely cares yet, only those who pretend to care for various amounts of time which they find profitable or convenient. The odds seem slim that truly caring people actually exist. I'm trying to keep faith though. I honestly do want to believe what you say is true so thank you for your input. You seem at the very least convinced so this assists my resilience.

jales said:
i've meet sum pretty bad people..but there are also good people out there who care..TRUST ME

Yes, I agree with you, and I will not compromise my principles either. Fitting into the crowd is really more than it's worked up to be. I don't wish to do this, instead I've been concentrating my efforts on finding another person such as myself.

lonelygirl said:
Hi Guest,

I think all people who really think for themselves, perhaps such as you and I, have trouble fitting into the crowd. I also refuse to conform to other people's opinions and views--and that has caused me stress and loneliness in my life. However I won't compromise my principles--at least not ones that really matter to me.

Brother... brother.
U know, i have the exact experiences as you do~

Guess I shall reply you with almost the same words that'd replied to "Z"

Hello there Whoever u are, i am totally going through almost the same
thing as you feel man. Nobody sticks around anymore... Haha but please
do read my post. look for post by me "alexp" and read my tough Life Stories.

I'm alone everyday for 27 years. in Singapore. A City-State where everything
and anything moves at lightning pace, chasing
for a better tomorrow, where we'll just be chasing for more.

But the truth is, i found out really, is that Happiness is so simple! Believe it! (Smile)
once u understand it, you'll be free. Some people told me that i was going through
just a rough patch in life. But the fact is, my "rough patch" began since i was born
until now! read my story yea?

Anyhow, i'm glad its finally over, coz i got hit by the truth.
I won't focus so much on people anymore. instead i focus on my own beliefs and
strengths and I'm just proud of my self everday inside, and yet i continue to be humble.

Go out to look at the trees and plants and flowers. smell some of them. The barks,
the soil and the leaves. They are the manifestation of Life. Move along with Life, coz
we all owe him something for bringing us up. Stare at him honestly at his face. and
you will be told what to do.

Latest posts

Back