Shmoo nearly died

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Depressed Shmoo

Reaction score
I'm a depressed shmoo because I haven't got any friends. When I leave work at 5pm each weekday, I stop existing. I've spent the last 10 Christmases alone. I used to hate Christmas and would try to avoid it by not watching any Christmas day programmes. However, last year I thought "What the hell?" and made myself a nice Christmas dinner and thought how lucky I was to be able to watch whatever I wanted on TV. I've got used to being lonely now and don't think I could cope with being in a relationship or even friends with anybody. Don't get me wrong - I get on really well with people and can make them laugh and I often get asked out. Anyway, I a few weeks ago, I decided I'd had enough and tried to kill myself using an unconvential method. I went to sleep that night, convinced that this would be my last night on this hostile planet called Earth. I dreamt I was in a bath with the taps running and I was sinking under the water. I tried to get out of the bath, but felt weak and kept slipping under the water. Eventually I made a huge effort and managed to get out. I woke up and thought that if I hadn't made the effort to survive in my dream, I would have died in real life. Who knows? Anyway, knowing that there are other lonely people out there makes me feel less lonely. If all the lonely people in the world got together, they'd have more friends than anyone! Anyway, just wanted to say hello.

Van Hooligan X said:
Hey, welcome to ALL

and i think the dream would of just woken u up, just like if u fall off a cliff and then wake up

i hope your right though, because then i'd of gotten the power of superspeed and flight in 2 previous dreams i've had

Welcome Schmoo. I'm glad you wrenched yourself free of the dream. Maybe that was a rebirth, like a shamanic thing.

Hello. More than just a story - it really happened. Dreams are so powerful! When I'm really frustrated with life, I dream about needing to go the toilet but finding the toilet is full of honeysuckle or something, which means an inability to express myself I think.

Hello, and welcome!

I know what you mean about dreams. Dreams are our subconscious unpacking our baggage.

hey the depressed shmoo welcome to the forum

ya i recall from my psyche class that going to the bathroom means you're trying to relieve yourself from an unwanted memory

lol i've had a lot of them i always worry that i might end up relieving myself in real life too,
but fortunately that hasn't happened yet

since you can't maybe it means you shouldn't get rid of that memory yet, or maybe you should but you're too stuck on it at the moment or whatever
just my two cents worth on that thought whatever

dreams are always one of my favorite conversation topics

when you were in the bathtub, was that a lucid dream? did you plan to dream that?

i'm pretty sure people don't really die in real life if they die in a dream, although i remember i think my middle school chorus teacher said that if you die a dream your brain thinks you're dead so you die
i don't think that would happen, i think i may have once had a dream where i died, I've had a lot of dreams

being lonely sucks
but that's good that you're not letting that stop you from trying to enjoy yourself

we can still go movies go bike ridding whatever

in fact my summers being lonely seem to be much more productive than when i was not

anyways welcome

:)

I'm glad you didnt die schmoo

And it seems to me you might be blocking any chance in life to be happy since you get asked out so often.

Welcome to the forum. Stay a bit, post a lot :)

Latest posts

Back