Sibling Rivalry

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

am i being silly?

• yes, i'm being silly

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • no, i make sense

Votes: 2 40.0%

• Total voters

jales

Reaction score
Well not really but here is the story:

I smell; according to my family. 3 years ago my sister got married and made a huge deal about my scent and that I should not sit near her in laws etc.

I got upset and we fought for a year about it. This year my brother is getting married. And he seems to want to fight with me about the same thing. He wants me to wear deodorant and I don't want to.

I live in the Netherlands and the wedding will be in Tobago. I'm thinking just to not go to the wedding because I do not want to fight about this. It is expensive to go to the wedding so I dont want to spend so much money just to go there and fight with him.

Everyone says I'm being silly. What do you think?

By the way there is no medical reason why I wont wear deoderant, I just don't want to.. I bathe everyday and I think that should be enough.

It all depends in the end on the simple fact, do you smell or not. Unfortunately, my e-Smell detector seems is out of order and I sent it back to get it fixed. So I can't really say :p

What's your beef with deodorant though? It's awesome for smelly armpit syndrome. :p

Sounds like a pretty silly reason to get in such a huge fight with family.

What's wrong with wearing deodorant for one wedding?

Seriously.

If you don't wear deodorant, chances are that you do smell. I'm not trying to be mean here; that's a simple fact of being alive.

So unless this whole smell issue is THAT IMPORTANT to you... why not try to remain friendly with family? What harm will that do?

Ugh, tell me about family rivalry. The most ridiculousest of things get in the way all the time. Stupid.

What about perfume though, won't it do the trick if you won't wear deodorant? Or is that the same thing, where you are?

jales said:
Well not really but here is the story:

I smell; according to my family. 3 years ago my sister got married and made a huge deal about my scent and that I should not sit near her in laws etc.

I got upset and we fought for a year about it. This year my brother is getting married. And he seems to want to fight with me about the same thing. He wants me to wear deodorant and I don't want to.

I live in the Netherlands and the wedding will be in Tobago. I'm thinking just to not go to the wedding because I do not want to fight about this. It is expensive to go to the wedding so I dont want to spend so much money just to go there and fight with him.

Everyone says I'm being silly. What do you think?

By the way there is no medical reason why I wont wear deoderant, I just don't want to.. I bathe everyday and I think that should be enough.
You say you bath everyday and you think that should be enough, but it's not, if it was they wouldn't have
so many different kinds of deodorant, so many that it takes up large section of shelving in the store.

Latest posts

Back