so you are a guy and you have never been on a date before?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

grundel70

Reaction score
So you have never been with a girl?

Not even a date?

No intimate hug or kiss?

And you are how old?

I see a lot of posts here from people who are young (under 30 is young to me) that talk about how they have never been with a woman before. It seems to be a major source of their loneliness. They seem to feel as if they are the only ones who have not known the ‘pleasures’ of a woman. Maybe if they can just conquer that hurdle everything will be ok…

Let me first and foremost tell all of you that relate to this thread that I DO understand how you feel. I never had my first girl friend until I was almost 26 years old. I thought when I was around 18 years old that there was something wrong with me. I was an overweight kid and figured that all overweight kids would be stuck as virgins forever. I thought I was way too undesirable to even have a woman look at me.

That all changed though. I met a woman who was around 30 when I was in my mid 25’s. She knew I was shy, but liked how nice and polite I was. One thing led to another and then she became my first. My first girlfriend, first sexual experience, and first wife.

Our relationship did not last very long. It is quite common for your first to not last. Like everything in life you often need to try things several times before you ‘figure it out’. Yes, there are some that fall in love with their first, marry them, and then live happily every after! But rest assured that is not the norm.

Another first that I experienced with this was my first real and true heartbreak. It was one thing for me to feel sorry for myself that I never had a girl before, that I was unlovable. But let me tell you that it is a whole new level of pain when someone you love, someone you are intimate with, leaves you for someone else. I cannot describe it. Those that have went through it know exactly what I am talking about, and those that have not yet experienced it are in for the roughest and most depressing and lonely time you will ever know.

It took me almost 3 years to recover from it.

I share this experience to let you all know that if you are young, there is still so much time in front of you! Just when you think it will never happen…bam. Next thing you know your life will change forever.

However, there is one thing you will have to do. You will have to live life. You will have to leave your house/apartment/cave/lair and do stuff. I was pretty much a recluse myself when I was younger, but I did go out and do things. I would take my dog out and play. I would go to book stores and check out some of the books. I would go to the library. I would go bowling.

A young lady I once knew when I was a teenager I ran into again on myspace. She told me how handsome I was and how she had the biggest crush on me back then! I never knew! She was really shy too, but I do remember thinking how cute she was. She is since married and we are good friends now, but I use this as an example. I was about a socially reclusive as you can get. I was fat and considered myself ugly (in fact I still do). But even then I caught someone’s eye! If I had acted on my attraction back then many things would have been different. Maybe not better, but different…

I was afraid to approach her (or anyone for that matter). Fear dominated my life for so long. I did not want to do anything! I was afraid of what people thought of me. I was afraid they would make fun of me (and they did so often). I was afraid of rejection.

It took me until I was almost 30 before I started to overcome these fears. I remember the first time I walked up to a pretty girl and hit on her. I forgot what I said, but it was bad and she just laughed at me and walked away! Yeah, that sucked…but guess what? I didn’t die! It only hurt my ego for a little while. My friends at the time laughed at me, we had a good joke over it, and I moved on. Even to this day my best friend kids me about it!

I have approached others since then. No one has laughed at me, but I have been rejected just about every single time. But it doesn’t bother me anymore. I actually made a few good female friends that way. I still go long periods of time without dating. Like I said, I do not think I am very attractive and it seems I have to work extra hard to get a date. It seems I need to get ladies to see my charm or my humor. But I still try. I am no longer afraid to talk to people.

It is not easy! But I want everyone who is reading this to not give up! Don’t’ despair! If you are 19/20/25/etc… and never had a girl then you are not alone! It may seem like it, but trust me…you are not! Don’t be afraid to go out and live life!

If you want to be alone until the day you die, then stay at home all the time. Don’t ever initiate any conversations with anyone. Just wake up. Go to work. Come home. Watch TV/sit at the computer, and repeat. As long as you live your life within a box, then no one can see just how wonderful you are. No matter what type of personality you have, there is someone that will appreciate it!

Again, thanks for letting me ramble on! I don’t want to sound preachy, but this is just stuff I have learned from my own personal experience. I am no better than anyone here…in fact I dare say most of you have many advantages over me. I just want to try and help anyone that I can not make the mistakes I did, and try to help spread a bit of positive energy to the world.

Love you guys!

oh man, you hit the nail on the spot. But how do you overcome the initial shyness? I can't seem to do it....which is sad really...not just for girls, meeting new people, i will hide in my shell.

You did not come across as preachy, Just inspirational. AMA gonna have to slap you for calling me old tho ;) I thought I was young at nearly 34.

But ye don't stay in and get out is good advice. Be apart of the world and you well meet moor ppl and increase your chances of a date.

I can remember asking a girl on a date that worked at the local patrol station near me. I had been egging my self on for ages to ask her but never did. It got so bad I was only putting a little petrol in my car at one time so I could keep going back lmao. I think she may had thought I was short of money or something lol. But anyway I did ask in the end and she told me that she was marred. Sucks huh but me and me cousin did have a good laugh over it after when I told him I finally asked her. It made a funny story to tell and I felt better for asking. Plus after I got to go back to filling my tank up instead of only putting in a little at a time haha.

Me and you grundel70 are kinder opposite, In that I had 2 girlfriends between the ages of 16 - 18. Then at 18 I had to go into hospital and Ive not had a GF or worked since. So your story dose not really apply to me but I am sure a lot of ppl well find inspiration from it.

SadRabbit...

The only way to overcome that fear is to face it. Don't worry about being cool, or charming, or funny, etc...just go up to a perfect stranger and say 'hi'. When you feel comfortable with that, then ask them a questions. 'Hi! How are you guys doing today?'

Trust me, it is scary at first. But also trust me in that it will be ok! You will probably fail, but you have to keep trying!

Another thing is to find a medium that allows you to be more comfortable. Try meeting people online first. It is not the same, but may help prepare you a bit for a face to face conversation.

Another thing you can do is try and look for other shy people. Sometimes there may be someone who is just wishing, like you, that they would approach them and say something.

It takes courage to face your fears. People admire courage.

I agree with you, and props for taking the time and effort to think and write about this.

I laughed at the whole "overweight kid" thing, because, some females, like myself, don't want skinny dudes. Personally, I don't care about weight at all, but I'd prefer a bigger dude over a stick. =/

VanillaCreme said:
I agree with you, and props for taking the time and effort to think and write about this.

I laughed at the whole "overweight kid" thing, because, some females, like myself, don't want skinny dudes. Personally, I don't care about weight at all, but I'd prefer a bigger dude over a stick. =/

Haha, wanna talk to me then? :p

sloth4urluv said:
VanillaCreme said:

Aren't you the surfing dude? In all that pretty water?... You're so not a big dude >_>

Unless there's a part of the photo I'm not looking at.

grundel70 said:
So you have never been with a girl?

Not even a date?

No intimate hug or kiss?

And you are how old?

I see a lot of posts here from people who are young (under 30 is young to me) that talk about how they have never been with a woman before. It seems to be a major source of their loneliness. They seem to feel as if they are the only ones who have not known the ‘pleasures’ of a woman. Maybe if they can just conquer that hurdle everything will be ok…

Let me first and foremost tell all of you that relate to this thread that I DO understand how you feel. I never had my first girl friend until I was almost 26 years old. I thought when I was around 18 years old that there was something wrong with me. I was an overweight kid and figured that all overweight kids would be stuck as virgins forever. I thought I was way too undesirable to even have a woman look at me.

That all changed though. I met a woman who was around 30 when I was in my mid 25’s. She knew I was shy, but liked how nice and polite I was. One thing led to another and then she became my first. My first girlfriend, first sexual experience, and first wife.

Our relationship did not last very long. It is quite common for your first to not last. Like everything in life you often need to try things several times before you ‘figure it out’. Yes, there are some that fall in love with their first, marry them, and then live happily every after! But rest assured that is not the norm.

Another first that I experienced with this was my first real and true heartbreak. It was one thing for me to feel sorry for myself that I never had a girl before, that I was unlovable. But let me tell you that it is a whole new level of pain when someone you love, someone you are intimate with, leaves you for someone else. I cannot describe it. Those that have went through it know exactly what I am talking about, and those that have not yet experienced it are in for the roughest and most depressing and lonely time you will ever know.

It took me almost 3 years to recover from it.

I share this experience to let you all know that if you are young, there is still so much time in front of you! Just when you think it will never happen…bam. Next thing you know your life will change forever.

However, there is one thing you will have to do. You will have to live life. You will have to leave your house/apartment/cave/lair and do stuff. I was pretty much a recluse myself when I was younger, but I did go out and do things. I would take my dog out and play. I would go to book stores and check out some of the books. I would go to the library. I would go bowling.

A young lady I once knew when I was a teenager I ran into again on myspace. She told me how handsome I was and how she had the biggest crush on me back then! I never knew! She was really shy too, but I do remember thinking how cute she was. She is since married and we are good friends now, but I use this as an example. I was about a socially reclusive as you can get. I was fat and considered myself ugly (in fact I still do). But even then I caught someone’s eye! If I had acted on my attraction back then many things would have been different. Maybe not better, but different…

I was afraid to approach her (or anyone for that matter). Fear dominated my life for so long. I did not want to do anything! I was afraid of what people thought of me. I was afraid they would make fun of me (and they did so often). I was afraid of rejection.

It took me until I was almost 30 before I started to overcome these fears. I remember the first time I walked up to a pretty girl and hit on her. I forgot what I said, but it was bad and she just laughed at me and walked away! Yeah, that sucked…but guess what? I didn’t die! It only hurt my ego for a little while. My friends at the time laughed at me, we had a good joke over it, and I moved on. Even to this day my best friend kids me about it!

I have approached others since then. No one has laughed at me, but I have been rejected just about every single time. But it doesn’t bother me anymore. I actually made a few good female friends that way. I still go long periods of time without dating. Like I said, I do not think I am very attractive and it seems I have to work extra hard to get a date. It seems I need to get ladies to see my charm or my humor. But I still try. I am no longer afraid to talk to people.

It is not easy! But I want everyone who is reading this to not give up! Don’t’ despair! If you are 19/20/25/etc… and never had a girl then you are not alone! It may seem like it, but trust me…you are not! Don’t be afraid to go out and live life!

If you want to be alone until the day you die, then stay at home all the time. Don’t ever initiate any conversations with anyone. Just wake up. Go to work. Come home. Watch TV/sit at the computer, and repeat. As long as you live your life within a box, then no one can see just how wonderful you are. No matter what type of personality you have, there is someone that will appreciate it!

Again, thanks for letting me ramble on! I don’t want to sound preachy, but this is just stuff I have learned from my own personal experience. I am no better than anyone here…in fact I dare say most of you have many advantages over me. I just want to try and help anyone that I can not make the mistakes I did, and try to help spread a bit of positive energy to the world.

Love you guys!

This was probably started in direct reference to my thread lol.. Ionno.. I agree with what you said but 19 to 25ish.. those years will past in the blink of an eye practically.
Life has a tendency to speed up the more you get older and nothing has so far lead me to believe that my life will change in that moment when i meet that "person". At the very least, hopefully by the time I'm 25, I'd have gotten a good opportunity to ask someone out and gotten rejected.. Then I can say "Okay, I've tried asking someone out and gotten denied. Now I need to ask someone out and actually get a date" :p

The most I've actually done with the opposite sex was give a female friend of mine an Eskimo kiss during the time we were saying our goodbyes at her house at the end of her bday party (she seemed really into hugging me and all that so I just went for it :p)

Off course, to cut to the chase, I won't give up but it's not like my life's been roses otherwise. My social life is quite mediocre still due to not having many friends at my campus and subsequently not really having anyone to hang out with, but hopefully I'll settle on some clubs and meet some decent people.

Who knows..

VanillaCreme said:
sloth4urluv said:
VanillaCreme said:

Aren't you the surfing dude? In all that pretty water?... You're so not a big dude >_>

Unless there's a part of the photo I'm not looking at.

LMAO.

Well im not skinny :p

Thanks Grundel, that was helpful.

He's right though. I've seen it for myself these past few years, though my experience isn't on the scale that his has been. But I have seen the same process and drawn similar conclusions (though I'm not sure I've yet endured that massive heart break). I've even hit on a girl in front of my friends and we still laugh about it. But the funniest part was I actually got that girls phone number and for about twenty minutes afterward, I was basically worshipped by my generally macho friends as having massive cajones. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

SadRabbit said:
oh man, you hit the nail on the spot. But how do you overcome the initial shyness? I can't seem to do it....which is sad really...not just for girls, meeting new people, i will hide in my shell.

I see lots of people asking this.

I have experienced that feeling a few times even after I became 'social'. And I found that the solution for people like us, Rabbit, and this might not make sense...but the solution is to stop thinking. Thinking ruins so many things for you and I. So find some way to short circuit your brain for a brief second. Talk yourself up, then shut off the thinker. In your head, you need to be telling yourself you're going to get out of your seat and go talk to the cashier at Taco Bell. Then you need to just STOP thinking and suddenly be doing it. Grab the **** edge of the table if you have to and heave yourself out of the seat. The key is to already be on an irreversible course of action once you start thinking again.

When I found myself in this situation, it went something like this.

Me :shy: : "Duh hi, I'll uh...I think I'll have the burrito supreme...and a Frutista Freeze...yeah. Sure has been hot today. Could use a freezy somethin'!"
Cashier :D : "Teehee, okay. Good choice!"

*We sit down to wait for lunch*

Boss :cool: : "Dude, Brian, go get her number. She was totally digging your dorky advances."
Me :shy: : "Ohhh I dunno Boss...she is cute though..."

Boss :cool: : "Oh come on. Do I have to get her number for you?"
Me :shy: : "No, no. I'll do it! I can do this. Oh god. Oh god."

*Boss gets up to get his drink, but makes it look like he's going to 'get her number for me'*

(My Mind: OH honeysuckle, he's gonna do it! I can't pansy out of this! What's happening?! OH MAN JUST DO IT, YOU GOT THIS. *CLICK*)

Me :shy: : "Oh fresia you dude, SIT YOUR HAPPY ASS DOWN."

It's all a blur from there. I approached her and said (shouted, according to Boss) something along the lines of "Duhh so whats your name since you already know mine duh-huh", which caused the whole restaurant to turn and stare. But when I got out to the pickup I had her phone number. Nothing ever really came of it. But I still have the paper to remind myself of that small, albeit significant, victory.

From there it gets easier if you keep making yourself do it, because that's the *only* way we realize it isn't actually that scary to talk to people.

It also helps to have a job. Money aside, you're made to be around people. That helps.

The problem is that I'm sure every guy on this forum can read this thread and intellectualize it, telling themselves "yeah, that's what I have to do". I mean, no offense, but I'm sure most of us have heard all of this before and we all realize you're right, but it is the matter of doing it that is so difficult.

Brian said:
Thanks Grundel, that was helpful.

He's right though. I've seen it for myself these past few years, though my experience isn't on the scale that his has been. But I have seen the same process and drawn similar conclusions (though I'm not sure I've yet endured that massive heart break). I've even hit on a girl in front of my friends and we still laugh about it. But the funniest part was I actually got that girls phone number and for about twenty minutes afterward, I was basically worshipped by my generally macho friends as having massive cajones. I'm laughing just thinking about it.

SadRabbit said:

I see lots of people asking this.

I have experienced that feeling a few times even after I became 'social'. And I found that the solution for people like us, Rabbit, and this might not make sense...but the solution is to stop thinking. Thinking ruins so many things for you and I. So find some way to short circuit your brain for a brief second. Talk yourself up, then shut off the thinker. In your head, you need to be telling yourself you're going to get out of your seat and go talk to the cashier at Taco Bell. Then you need to just STOP thinking and suddenly be doing it. Grab the **** edge of the table if you have to and heave yourself out of the seat. The key is to already be on an irreversible course of action once you start thinking again.

When I found myself in this situation, it went something like this.

Me :shy: : "Duh hi, I'll uh...I think I'll have the burrito supreme...and a Frutista Freeze...yeah. Sure has been hot today. Could use a freezy somethin'!"
Cashier :D : "Teehee, okay. Good choice!"

*We sit down to wait for lunch*

Boss :cool: : "Dude, Brian, go get her number. She was totally digging your dorky advances."
Me :shy: : "Ohhh I dunno Boss...she is cute though..."

Boss :cool: : "Oh come on. Do I have to get her number for you?"
Me :shy: : "No, no. I'll do it! I can do this. Oh god. Oh god."

*Boss gets up to get his drink, but makes it look like he's going to 'get her number for me'*

(My Mind: OH honeysuckle, he's gonna do it! I can't pansy out of this! What's happening?! OH MAN JUST DO IT, YOU GOT THIS. *CLICK*)

Me :shy: : "Oh fresia you dude, SIT YOUR HAPPY ASS DOWN."

It's all a blur from there. I approached her and said (shouted, according to Boss) something along the lines of "Duhh so whats your name since you already know mine duh-huh", which caused the whole restaurant to turn and stare. But when I got out to the pickup I had her phone number. Nothing ever really came of it. But I still have the paper to remind myself of that small, albeit significant, victory.

From there it gets easier if you keep making yourself do it, because that's the *only* way we realize it isn't actually that scary to talk to people.

It also helps to have a job. Money aside, you're made to be around people. That helps.

omg Brian, WOW!!!

you do have massive cajones, lol, (whatever that means, lol)

seriously - i could NEVER do something like that!!!!

lol - it is not sooooo small a victory at all, WOW!

Lmao...a girl just kind of walked into my life.
For some reason...she's making herself avaliable to me within the past week.
I don't really know where it's all going to lead to.
I'm just going with the flow....
She's relax and comfortiable being around me...That's becuase I'm relaxed and easy going.
She bascailly talk my ears off...
So at the moment I don't have to say much and mostly just listen to her. Ask her simple
questions...and she'll just talk..talk..talk...lmao
She tells me all kinds of personal stuff too...so i know there's a level of trust she has for me.
She's opening herself up to me alot. At the sametime...we'll laugh alot.

She's very pretty but a little selfconciouse about her body...I think she has a nice body.
I tried to keep my eyes on her face or her eyes instead of her boobs...:p
She's very pretty...but still. I'm pretty sure she knows I think she's pretty.
I havn't fully complitmented her...I think she knows, she's pretty...
so if i just say she's pretty..it's not that big of a deal for her...ATM
I make other jestures. I'm trying to not scare her...mostly repect her
as a woman and as a person. Kind of being her friend and getting to know her.
I've never met her before......

Obviously if she lets me in pants...I wouldn't say no...lol
I wouldn't think twice about it either :p

I notice her body talking though.
She's making slight body contacts with me ...she's touching me now :)
So...she's sort of making the first move or giving hints. That it's okay for me to touch her.
I spent a couple of hours with her tonight...not on a date...but an opportunity
to talk with her and be alone with her. I actaully had a good time being around her.
I nevered even planed to be with her tonight. It just happened.

I havn't been on a date or try to find a GF in ages..so it feels sort of new to me.

I kid you not....it's so , so wierd.
As I've said in the past how I'm attacted to certain type of women.
She look almost identical to one of my EX-GF. I'm not surprized...but it still trips me out.
The usual..blonde hair, hazel eyes...white girl...lmao

It would be really, really, really wierd...(though not a surprize),
if i end up with her and being her BF.
I wrote on a thread last week in the GOD thread or som'in.
i asked god to send a girl that would love me into my life someway, somehow.
Bascailly i asked god for a GF. Corny..I know, but I made the list anyway.

As far as inneracting with women..I've been very fortunate or I've been put in positions
to be able to. I work with beautiful women all day long...i started flirting or compliment the girls
at the office everyday. I still call them every chance I get and compliment them ...that's
the first thing I do...then i asked them to help me...Like, i need their help and not demand
them to do stuff...Honey attracts BEE is my M.O. I'm very polite at the very least.
Poeple will go out of thier way to help you..if you ask and not be so demanding about it.
I belive this will also help me in my personal relationship.
I've had a lot of practice flirting with women and opening up to women..it's helping me.

Latest posts

Back