social anxiety

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

seekingpeace

Reaction score
this is a problem that ive had for a long time. it is the main source of my loneliness, im too scared go outside but hate being alone. its a maddening sickness, its like being shy constantly. ive missed out on so much and its only heightened my self consiousness. the weird thing is i have all day to myself but im too spaced out to do anything. i am even beginning to exhibit ocd behavior, eg, afraid to take the tv off on certain channels. im trying my best not to go crazy, writing here helps a little

Have you talked to someone who is a professional about this?

If you are starting to get Obsessive Compulsive Disorder it's getting pretty serious. I had a teacher who took medication for it.

I agree that writing here does help so you should deffinatley write more on here :) were all a lovely bunch of coconuts .. i mean people, but you should really try to talk to a professional they really do help as i will admit to having to go to a psychologist and being on medication, there are also the help lines that im sure would be glad to talk to you :)

That sucks ... *hugs* its free to come on here and talk to us (i hope it is anyway) im pretty sure the help lines are free if it gets really bad, or you can always just send a message to someone here on the forum im sure they would gladly listen to you and try to help as best they could :) i speak for my self there at any rate

i dont have a journal but i do post here from time to time. its nice to have comtact with ppl even if its just the internet

seekingpeace said:
this is a problem that ive had for a long time. it is the main source of my loneliness, im too scared go outside but hate being alone. its a maddening sickness, its like being shy constantly. ive missed out on so much and its only heightened my self consiousness. the weird thing is i have all day to myself but im too spaced out to do anything. i am even beginning to exhibit ocd behavior, eg, afraid to take the tv off on certain channels. im trying my best not to go crazy, writing here helps a little

First of all, BIG ((((((HUGS))))))

I don't even know where to start except I know exactly how your feeling, and it wasn't long since I got rid of my anxiety. The only honest tips I can give you is taking baby step, and forcing yourselves out of the house, and it the only way.

Here two option that help me through 19 years of harsh time. here are your option: Do you want to live alone for the rest of your life or are you gonna challenge your fear and hopefully overcome this deadly disorder and have a family someday?

Therapist can help, but I wouldn't know, I just took SSRI anti-depressant and anger was what fuel me to overcome my anxiety. It a hard and long process but if I can do it, you can too.

It really hard when people ask me for advise, as I have been writing the same thing over and over again. If you want to connect with people who you can related, go to www.socialanxietyfriends.com, and there is a chat room there that is pretty active in mid-afternoon and at night.

This is not an advertisement and I hope you feel less alone there. Just be sure to come here ok? Use the chat there and come back here for the forums as the forums there are pretty much dead.

I hope you get help as soon as possible, it bother me that your hurting like this.

Chris

I, and Im sure many other people, completely relate to those feelings of anxiety and wasted time. The days disappear before you ever know they begin. It is a vicious cycle, because at least for me, missing out on so much of my life has made me feel like its to late to just jump out there. Anxiety is a rough thing to deal with, but I think it takes real people who understand, and here seems like a good place to find a few.

Yeah, it feels like home (safe haven) is the place you don't get loud mouths yelling at you or jerks that just need to be rude. But then your place of saftey feels like...

sorry for the ignorance but social anxiety, is it the fear of people or fear of just going outside?

Rather is it not a fear but maybe a dislike of being near people?

i had such a hard time with this. In my city NYC my buddies would go party but id always spend my time alone driving outside the city limits, i dont liek going to bars i jus dont like ppl looking at me. I sometimes get really nervous too, sweat ect. Ughh this is a hard thing to deal with, ive gotten better though but i think a few near death experiences will change almost anything. That and i adopted the mentality alot of ppl i know have, jus the "i dont give a ****" Kinda attitude and it helped me alot. Now i jus dont care i go anywhere i want and feel confidant. But time to time it haunts me still.

it then when people just stare at you, you have a problem with that?

what about something like "blending" into a crowd and being a part of it. Ummm i remember a time when metallica came to seattle and i went down on stage and was no more then 20 feet from them playing. Everyone was pushing, rubbing, yelling, screaming, touching, jumping but no one cared. I know if someone was that close to me one on one it gets a little akward (and uncomfortable) but as a group when im blended in a crowd its nothing.

Is it just the looks and what people think of you then and there or does it go further in that you just fear the people?

for me personally , i got psoriasis and when i was 17 it got really bad. I lived my life as a shadow much like today. I was accepted my my core of freinds which was like 5 at the most. But even to this day i avoid social situations. I guess alot of my lonliness is from psoriasis. I am scared to talkto girls cuz of that, i dont like working , i dont like drinking or going out. I prefer to jus stay alone like i always am. My lifes pretty much done anyways i missd the best years of my life to this disease. Its a really terrible disease to have so young. I dont thinki got muhc for a future jus cuz i cant change my ghostly ways . Its jus like embedded in me now.

I haven't posted here in a longgg time, I'm still having the same problems though. Since then I have been to a therapist twice and he is trying to help me be able to function around others. Deep down, I'm not afraid of ppl, I wish I could connect with more people. My problem is with my appearance being unusual compared to regular people, I know rationally I'm supposed to accept this but I can't seem to do it yet. I don't know if it is just a train of thought or just habitual reactions but I just seem to absorb every weird look I get, even if it's not particularly rude. I was thinking about it last night and another theory of mine is that I have no incentive to get better, I have no friends in the world, no social circle besides 2 family members so I have no reason really to embrace the world that I don't really know. One thing for certain is that it is getting increasingly worse, it's coming down to how much loneliness I can take, that's the main reason I even got the nerve to see a therapist, it was just too much. I hope I can get better and accept everything with a positive attitude, it's just such a big wall for me to get over.

Latest posts

Back