Somewhat of a rant...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beastisbest10

Reaction score
Well...you saw the title..

*Sigh* Anyways...since I'm practically dying on the inside, lets see how I work:

So, I couldn't constantly control what I was eating a few months back, mostly because I was carefree and y family was much, much better than today. But, I can't go a day without counting my calories and grabbing my belly or thighs. I'm very self conscious about my body, and it goes to the point where I wanna be bones.

Once again, this happens in many families but my family fights. Always. They never can talk normally without someone telling at w other person and havoc breaks loose; that's were I get my depression (mainly my mother).

Here are some points:
• I can sleep over my friends house because my parents strictly say that I'll get 'raped', but how come my brothers get to do it..?
• 'Act like a lady when infront of guests and try and hide your weird side'. What am I, a fool that will follow every rule? I'm weird and stupid. It's me.
• 'don't you run off, and stay away from boys!'. Rape. Kidnap. And other stuff like that..
• 'clean this...and this...do this...do that, you'll need it when you grow up'. You think I'm gonna get married with how my parents turned out? No.

Here's a very small part of my rant...but I don't like sharing much...

--Beast

Hey there,

Well that's the most calmest rant ever. (;

Counting calories is no way to live, I often hear how people live their lives around these number and it's a shame people can't learn to enjoy nice foods in moderation, without their judgement being warped by the government.

Your mother just sounds slightly overprotective and/or strict, I can see how it effects you, but I'd take a positive that she loves you, and that she's still in your life. You sound like you're still young, and I'm pretty sure it's something that will reduce over time.

... and welcome to the forum - if I haven't already said it.

Welcome to the forum, Beastisbest.

I gotta agree with 9006 above. I'm not sure what to tell you, but I hope that you realise you are still beautiful no matter how your body is. Maybe a lot of people out there count too much on physical looks and shape.. but you live your life for yourself.. not for them.

Do what makes you happy, not what stresses you up for the sake of how others see you.

Hope you're well. Take care.

I don't think there is anything wrong with counting calories. Why? because you can always do something about it. I could easily eat 3000 calories a day (I eat a lot of junk food, all day). I have an office job, but I do everything around the house. I cook. I do dishes. I clean. I run errands. I go shopping. Doing all of that keeps me active and it burns more calories than you think.

Parents want you to do chores? Yes, do them. Not because they want you to, but because it is good for you. I eat cheap, healthy, homemade meals all the time, I cook them. My place is clean and neat, I clean them myself. I save money on dish washing machine, I hand wash the dishes. Do thing. Do! Nothing happens if you don't DO.

It sounds like you are still in high school. There are truth in what your parents say about life, risks, danger. It is easier to get caught in them than you think.

Agreed, being mindful of what you eat isnt a bad thing. I am mindful of everything i put in my mouth and because of it i am much healthier.
Just as long as its a healthy diet.

Latest posts

Back