Specially for KAT

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
M

Mouse

In my collection of beloved books there is an old book called Sloe Gin & Beeswax by Pia Tryde. Letts Publisher. These two recipes came from it. The book might be found second-hand from http://www.abebooks.co.uk/

Lemon and Honey Cough Mixture

Use honey which has been clarified and will not crystallize. Most shop-bought clear honey is fine. the honey will soothe a ticklish throat and the lemon juice provides a welcome boost of Vitamin C. Both adults and children can benefit from this mixture.

2 juicy lemons
150ml (5fl oz) clear honey
50ml (2 fl oz) glycerine

Squeeze the juice from the two lemons and strain the juice to get it as clear as possible. Put the lemon juice, honey and glycerine into a jug and mix very thoroughly. Pour the mixture into a small medicine bottle and cork tightly. This syrup tastes really good.

Cinnamon Cough Sweets

These little cough sweets are traditionally rolled into cigar shapes to mimic the real cinnamon quills.

Rosewater
Powdered gum arabic
Powdered cinnamon
Caster sugar

Gently warm about 2 tablespoons of rosewater and add enough gum arabic (approx 2 teaspoons) to make a sticky syrup. Now work in roughly equal amounts of caster sugar and powdered cinnamon until you have a solid paste. press into a shallow tin and, as it dries, cut into small sticks. Rolls these slightly to make them round. leave to dry completely. They will help soothe a sore throat and ticklish cough. Cinnamon also is a natural antiseptic.

It was lovely talking to you in Chat tonight. :)

Love, Anna Mouse

Awwww thank you Mouse! You are such a sweetheart. It was nice meeting you and I hope you feel welcome here.

I was somewhat expecting the classic conflict between cats and mouse, but it's nice to see they're getting along, even exchanging recipies. :)

Bread said:
I was somewhat expecting the classic conflict between cats and mouse, but it's nice to see they're getting along, even exchanging recipies. :)

[youtube]HF2-EPy8gZ8[/youtube]

IgnoredOne said:
Bread said:

[youtube]HF2-EPy8gZ8[/youtube]

Ah, a nice flash from the past. Recall seeing that cartoon as a kid. :)

Kat I'm glad you liked the recipes. I'm very happy meeting you and look forward to getting to know your friends. Admittedly I am a bit of a recipe freak because I just love my food. I hope you get well soon. That infection is a b*gger. My doctor gave me Doxycycline to whip mine. It's a vg antibiotic.

I prefer natural cures like these over the horrible tasting chemicals with artificial flavouring sold in pharmacies. Fresh ginger tea with honey is also quite soothing and has decontaminating properties like cinnamon. Thanks for sharing, Mouse.

Latest posts

Back