Standing too close

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. My personal zone is a six foot diameter around me. If I can touch you with my arm straight out you are too close. One woman at work had a fun time with that. She would purposely step into my personal zone and I would automatically step backwards. She thought that was the funniest thing she ever saw. My personal zone is a very real thing to me. It's only meant for love or for fighting.

You'd think the past few years would have taught people to keep some personal space between each other. I can't stand it when people stand too close, back off and keep your germs to yourself.

Some people just seem to lack any sense of 'personal space' - or maybe their own sense of space differs drastically from the norm. I used to work with this really super-nice lady, but she got right in your face when talking to you. I'd take a step back, she'd take a step forward, step back, step forward - seriously we'd both work ourselves across a whole room like that, it was crazy!

Some people just seem to lack any sense of 'personal space' - or maybe their own sense of space differs drastically from the norm. I used to work with this really super-nice lady, but she got right in your face when talking to you. I'd take a step back, she'd take a step forward, step back, step forward - seriously we'd both work ourselves across a whole room like that, it was crazy!
Lol, I know someone exactly like that. She works in the kitchen of a school. I always try to make sure we have a counter between us.

I agree. My personal zone is a six foot diameter around me. If I can touch you with my arm straight out you are too close. One woman at work had a fun time with that. She would purposely step into my personal zone and I would automatically step backwards. She thought that was the funniest thing she ever saw. My personal zone is a very real thing to me. It's only meant for love or for fighting.
It's when we converse that the Platonic-Sheila bends her head close, one foot away. When I asked why so close, she said my covid-mask makes it difficult to hear. So I said okay.

Latest posts

Back