Putting My Toe In...

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrazenDefeat

Reaction score
What's the point of relationships when you're going to feel alone? I've been focused on the question alot lately. Not sure what the answer will be but I do know I'm tired of not being seen. Tired of not feeling heard. I guess that's why I'm here. Looking for a space where I can be random, tangent-driven, and occasionally freak out! I love to laugh and I'm learning to stand alone in tough times. I'm growing into the person I never thought I'd be, (good/bad not sure). And I just need a place where I can share the journey without judgement. Hoping to create some like-minded connections here.

I've been invisible to females my entire life.
I have no idea on how to be visible.
I really don't.
And even if someone told me the secret, I'm too old to change.
So yeah, I know what it is like to not be seen.
But I am at a point in my life where it does not matter.
So I have to resign myself to not care.
And that's not so easy...

If you're lonely in a relationship, it's usually one of two things. One (or both) of you is not putting the effort needed into the relationship or it's not the right relationship for you.
That said, I know exactly how you feel.

Welcome to the

I've been invisible to females my entire life.
I have no idea on how to be visible.
I really don't.
And even if someone told me the secret, I'm too old to change.
So yeah, I know what it is like to not be seen.
But I am at a point in my life where it does not matter.
So I have to resign myself to not care.
And that's not so easy...
I care when it's by someone I love. I guess it comes with the territory but it's also exhausting. We shouldn't have to fight so hard to feel like we matter. It's like, just having a certain level of love and affection returned can make such a huge difference. Yet, some people are too vain or oblivious to notice. Can feel like shouting under water.

It's nice to see you mate. I worked over that question a lot of times myself. What's the point of having a relationship, when things will go honeysuckle in the mean time and it will hurt you, why opening yourself to such actions. Here's what I found
We can see it in 2 ways
1. We are humans and since we are made to feel the emotional connection, Better find someone who we need for that emotional connection.
2. This is my favourite, I was born alone and I'll die the same, there's no point in crying over people because of some lame thing. I will spend the days making myself happy. In the end, I'll go alone. So, booyah.

What's the point of relationships when you're going to feel alone?…….
That assumes you can predict the future. If you already know prior, it’s due to an indicator, which you shouldn’t ignore. If you’re anticipating it, then you’re probably doing something that will make it inevitable. If none of this is present, then just enjoy the ride until something happens. Nobody should avoid happy moments because of the potential of sadness. Life is a mix of everything so take the good when you can.

It's nice to see you mate. ……..
As an Aussie, I find this an odd thing to say to a woman.

Latest posts

Back