Looking for a new life

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

P.k.

Reaction score
Hello. I don’t usually use this forum so forgive me for not knowing much about posting here. I’m a 52 year old man who’s been in a relationship/marriage for 20 years. Now at my age I realize that I’ve wasted too much time trying to love a woman that didn’t truly love me. I’m not sure where to start but it’s time for me to move out of the relationship and try to find happiness. I feel so alone and I hate it. I like the company that a loving relationship with a decent woman brings. I don’t even know where to start in my new life. Being alone is a new thing to me. I’ve never been so down. I feel like it’s me against the world. Oh well, I’m sorry for rambling. I’m not even really sure what to say or do at this point.

Hi pk.
Welcome to the forum.
I think most of us can relate to loneliness on here.
The challenge for you is perhaps maintaining self esteem and having the courage to move on to your next life phase.
All the best

Hey PK. Welcome. I know who you feel. I'm 56, been with my wife for 31 years and it's been, well, very ordinary for over a decade. I'm trying to navigate a way to extricate myself from this house, but it won't happen until at least my youngest moves out. Financially I can't afford to move out. We're still friendly, but nothing more, although we go out occasionally to get out of the house. I"m home full time because I'm on a police pension and she works full time, but recently more days working from home, which I'd prefer she wasn't. I'd rather have the place to myself.

Anyway, this isn't addressing your situation, but I thought I'd tell you I'm in a similar boat. What do I do about it? Well, I only have a couple friends, but I try to catch up with the often as I can, which isn't often enough for me, but I also exercise, ride my bike, read a lot, watch old movies, garden, tinker with things, go fishing sometimes, go camping often, go for walks around the lake in town just to be amongst other people, and I'm on a couple forums where potentially I might meet someone, but starting a relationship is practically impossible while I'm in this situation. My youngest just got her driver license, so I'm doing less running around now.

Ramble as much as you like mate.

Latest posts

Back