still sad

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenn

Reaction score
i certainly have written in this forum in the past about the same thing: this 'friend' of mine i was sort of seeing back in February/March. well i guess for him his feeling weren't serious (he told our friends that we were fresia buddies, while i told them that i really could see us being a couple) and i ended up falling for him. i feel so stupid, i was so happy that for the first time someone told me i was beautiful and they wanted to touch and kiss me. when i told him how i felt, he ended things and i still have yet to get over this. everyone tells me with time i will but its been half a year. this didn't go on that long but yet he continues to mean so much to me, even though he barely looks at me when i'm around.

i have drunkenly expressed how hurt i am but he never takes it seriously (since i'm drunk). i want to stop crying, i want to stop thinking about him. sometimes the daydreaming about being with him is the only thing brings me (temporary) joy. i have seen therapists, take antidepressants, read self help books, talked to friends and still nothing. i still want him just as much as the first time we met.

my therapist thinks writing him telling him how much he hurt me could help. but i have done this and then ripped them up, i've never sent one. i want to stop bothering him because i know he thinks i'm crazy and he has expressed to friends (never to me directly) that he wishes i'd let everything go.

i don't know what to do anymore, i still feel so destroyed. i'm 21 years old, but i'm still waking up crying clutching my teddy bear like a little kid. i still feel so lonely and lost. and i miss him so much.

maybe you need to try another partner. If he is all you know, then maybe he isn't all that great in comparison to others.

**Hugs**

Ok, firstly you aren't stupid... everyone makes mistakes, the trick is to learn something from them.

I can understand why you feel a need to put pen to paper in order to express your hurt.. keep the next one you write; you don't have to send it to him at all, or perhaps send it to him when you feel ready for that.

You do need to move on, and I suspect you already know this. It might take you time to get over it, but the pain will grow duller with time. There's no hurrying this process... it will happen when is right for you.

All the best.

Sorry you are going through that.
You're not stupid for feeling what you feel.
Please try to take care of yourself through this process.

Closure is difficult
Letting go is easier said than done.

I know as much as I love my ex. I have to love myself a 1000 times more.

They key is realising that he isnt the one for you, he isnt the type of guy you want to spend the rest of your life with, that no matter how hard you try to get him back, it will never work. even if you did, it would just cause you more pain as it will eventually end again.

You cannot fix or change a relationship, if it didnt work, find one that does because its only going to get harder.

Once you find someone that is right for you, you will forget about him and be happy that you chose to let him go.

You may need more self control and caution before dealing with any other sniveling scheming folks of his sort.

Just tell him NO when he'll want you. You need to respect yourself. Yuo are not a toy, you have feelings. But you must get over him. You do realise that you have no future with this... emmm... bad human being. You deserve more....you deserve to be happy....to be with someone that love you....respect you. And this guy....well he is not deserve you. FIND YUORSELF A NEW ONE.....NORMAL.

i always read that guys shouldnt talk to girls they like about their exes, but i actually wouldnt mind if a girl opened up to me about being hurt in past relationship.

i dont speak for all guys though...

just because ive been through it i can be there to hug and cuddle, because i know what its like.

Latest posts

Back