The Other Me

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lost Drifter

Reaction score
100% True Weird Story...

Back in August, while out browsing a local bookstore, I was approached by a rough looking middle-aged man who claimed that he knew me. I had no idea who he was but despite telling him he had mistaken me for someone else he insisted that I was his friend Michael who had moved to Spain with Anna (either my wife or girlfriend I assume) but was now suddenly back home. Truth be told I was expecting a con, he would claim we were friends, share some tale of financial woe and expect me to give him money to make him go away but instead he reminisced of fun things we had done together, how we had married our childhood sweethearts and how he missed hanging out with me. I kept on telling him I wasn’t Michael but part of me wanted to be him and I felt sad for walking away after a few minutes.

During a cold November evening a woman approached me as I left the post office. It caught me off guard, she gently grabbed my arm as we passed and my confused look promoted her to explain that “It’s me, Samantha” which caused me to smile before I calmly explained she had me mistaken for someone else. No good, she insisted that we knew each other and from the way she held onto my arm and looked into my eyes ‘we’ must have been close. She was in her late-twenties, spoke quite well, and with a sadness in her voice asked why I hadn’t been in touch. Not knowing what to say I just pulled away, apologised and walked into the night feeling kind of confused.

So why am I posting this? Well tonight, as I was walking home from the supermarket, I noticed two teenage boys walking towards me. We were in an isolated alleyway and as I got ready for the worst one of the boys raised up his hands and begged me not to bully him again. Again I had no idea who these lads were and told them such but one of them apologised for their behaviour while the other promised “it won’t happen again Michael, please don’t hurt us” as I hurriedly walked away.

It seems then that I must look a lot like this Michael person, whoever he is, since his acquaintances confuse us in the dim evening light. I don’t have a split personality or sleep walk but I’m curious about this other me and the life he lives. I’m actually a bit on edge too since the middle-aged man and teenagers looked like shady characters. I don’t want to get caught up in any trouble.

You want to know something really weird though?

My parents originally wanted to call me Michael before picking my actual name. :(

Wow! that so weird and cool! Maybe is an evil twin??

Something like this happened in the tv series "Malcom in the Middle", there was an episode in which Dewey recieved money for no apparent reason until Reese (his brother) found out it was becose there was a similar looking kid doing good deeds around the neighborhood.

thats kinda cool and interesting, next time someone comes up to you like that ask for michaels full name and number then look into it, who knows you might have a real doppelganger out there :D

Pretend you have memory loss and ask questions =P. Maybe you can find more about this Micheal. I would probably be a little weirded out wondering if I had multiple personalities or something.

Wow once being mistaken is ok, but multiple times is out there for sure. It is concerning since the boys acted like you had beat them or something. If it happened again I would do as the others have said and try and get some info on this said Micheal character. This is a truly interesting post. Keep us informed :)

Your friends could be playing practical jokes on you.. or someone who hates you do do this, it can be easily arranged,

But if it is true.. its weird & spooky, and now its bedtime & im scared of the dark thanks!

Id like to know more

kamya said:
I would probably be a little weirded out wondering if I had multiple personalities or something.

I would wonder that too! It sounds like a movie or something.

That would be really freaky... but it is very interesting at the same time. Hopefully nobody is out to get this Michael guy. lol 8|

This happened to me too from 1989 to 1991 during church events in another state about 350 miles away.

They could have sworn that I was this person - or at the very least - this person's twin brother even though I am the only child, grandchild, and great-grandchild.

Nolife Princess said:
dun dun duuuun..... the plot thickens!
LOL

Triste said:
thats kinda cool and interesting, next time someone comes up to you like that ask for michaels full name and number then look into it, who knows you might have a real doppelganger out there :D
That's probably what I would do too.

I just hope this Michael guy isn't someone that does really bad stuff and risks being part of an id process at a police center. They could ask you to come and people could pick you, lol.

Ah, so you have an evil twin as well, eh? :) Still, funny that. Let's hope you don't end up in the trunk of a car because of your twin's deeds, eh?

Latest posts

Back