The set up.

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
S

ShybutHi

Just wondering what you guys think about friends or anyone really, perhaps even parents, trying to set you up with someone. I thought i would make this little discussion thread incase someone wants to talk about this or similar issues.

lol I swear that some of my friends have tried setting me up with people. Nearly all of my friends, literally, have a partner im always the one on my own and to make some situations even worse im a very very shy person and naturally the partners converse alot more with each other than they do with me. It can be hard sometimes, i feel kind of out of place sometimes hanging around with other couples all the time.

Anyway i swear they have tried setting me up before because of the ammount of unneeded compliments they have give me infront of single women who they know but i dont. Lol i find it kind of funny actually but the problem is i am TERRIBLE at talking to people i dont know so this is never going to work. lol :club:

I wouldn't mind it. Any extra dates I can add to my currently (not) overflowing date calendar would be awesome.

Even though I'd probably never really be interested in anyone my friends/family found for me.... there's always a chance that I would and that something could develop from it.

So why not? :)

hmm. it might depend on who is doing the set up. not that i have any experience ether way.

but then again, beggars can't be choosers, at least not me anyways. so yeah. bring on the setup, who knows what will come from it.

i would go for it, it's a great way to meet someone new through social connections :)

sunny said:
i would go for it, it's a great way to meet someone new through social connections :)

Yeah sunny it is good for meeting new people but if its actually a set up then personally i dont know about it.... Knowing it is a set up would make me feel really really uncomfortable. :p

I wouldn't mind it, actually I'd love it if someone did that. Just as long as it's not one of those situations were say for example you're out with your mother, and then she starts trying to set you up with the cute/sweet girl at wherever you are, right in front of you. That is embarrassing, so that I wouldn't want. Ideal thing is for them to talk you up to the other person, who then wants to meet you, that's the kind of set up I'd like. That way there's no embarrassing awkward silence from the other person or instant rejection from a stranger.

Never been set up.

I would rather meet through friends. Meet causal and not as a date. A set up would have too much pressure.

I've been set up twice, and it didn't work out either time. Nothing wrong with it, but it is a craps shoot.

ChiCowboy said:
I've been set up twice, and it didn't work out either time. Nothing wrong with it, but it is a craps shoot.

Yeah, especially when they tell you the person "has a nice personality" you know you're getting someone who probably looks more like Sandra Bernhard than Angelina Jolie. LOL

Sci-Fi said:
Yeah, especially when they tell you the person "has a nice personality" you know you're getting someone who probably looks more like Sandra Bernhard than Angelina Jolie. LOL
Funny, but they were both pretty hot. I blew it with the first one (had a few too many beers), and the second one was just...blah...no personality at all.

Yeah, I'd welcome any chance, I guess. It's not like it's an arranged marriage or anything.

I'd also welcome the chance if it ever came up. Problem is, that the people around me know better than to try it.

Latest posts

Back