there's nothing more pathetic than a needy person

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lomojojo

Reaction score
And that's me!!!!! I really don't know if I'm getting anything out of this site. I think it makes me focus more on the negative aspects of my life because I read so many stories alike.
Uhmmm I was just thinking this morning that I am tired of feeling like this (sad, lonely, depressed like an outcast pathetic looser) I don't know why I've always been so needy, I need love, attention, comfort to be happy and I hate it. If I could only brainwash myself to be convinced that getting those things from my self is enough.
I remember when I was little asking my mom very often if she loved me, of course the answer was always yes but it never felt enough. At school all the way from elementary through high school I always felt looked down on by most of my peers and teachers. I always attended private schools in wealthy neighborhoods far away from my secluded home, no neighbors on site, no kids to play with, only my dogs. I always wished my life was different. I also don't know why I am sharing this. Do I want your pitty or your attention. I need to let go...

Its human nature to need to be loved. Attention is something that everybody wants once in a while. You cannot deny them nor comfort or happiness , its your right as a human to have need of these. Try doing something that will help you think more clearly about everything around. I know how it is because I once was a sad lonely person but for some reason that even know I don't know , I'm not anymore. It could be the fact that I don't really care anymore about stuff around me or most of the people (except the ones that I talk and do things with ) and I just live my life. I started making sport which is one of the best ways to make a person start thinking more clearly. I'm not saying all this just to give you attention , their advices from somebody who went through some of your sufferings.

Aksy said:
Its human nature to need to be loved. Attention is something that everybody wants once in a while. You cannot deny them nor comfort or happiness , its your right as a human to have need of these. Try doing something that will help you think more clearly about everything around. I know how it is because I once was a sad lonely person but for some reason that even know I don't know , I'm not anymore. It could be the fact that I don't really care anymore about stuff around me or most of the people (except the ones that I talk and do things with ) and I just live my life. I started making sport which is one of the best ways to make a person start thinking more clearly. I'm not saying all this just to give you attention , their advices from somebody who went through some of your sufferings.
Thank you Asky

Wow, I feel the exact same way. I have ZERO friends outside of my boyfriend or family. I never fit in with other kids growing up either. I had a few friends but that's about it. I think my boyfriend sees me as needy. Maybe I am, because if I lost him I feel like I would have absolutely nothing/no one outside of my family. I love my (extended) family so much but you have to branch out of your family and make your own friends, etc. I'm an only child so that makes me even more lonely. Not even a brother or sister to confide in and call a friend. My mother has that 'sisterhood' relationship with her sisters, and I kind of envy it.

I feel pathetic because I can't get a job, I've been trying for about five months now after my shitty seasonal position. I feel pathetic because I still can't make up my mind on my college major/path in life. etc etc...

I can only say I relate to you in some way...I have no solution though lol.

You all are not alone :D. there are many people that feel lonely!! I hope here you can relate with others that have the same thoughts and experiences you do!

SullenGirl said:
Wow, I feel the exact same way. I have ZERO friends outside of my boyfriend or family. I never fit in with other kids growing up either. I had a few friends but that's about it. I think my boyfriend sees me as needy. Maybe I am, because if I lost him I feel like I would have absolutely nothing/no one outside of my family. I love my (extended) family so much but you have to branch out of your family and make your own friends, etc. I'm an only child so that makes me even more lonely. Not even a brother or sister to confide in and call a friend. My mother has that 'sisterhood' relationship with her sisters, and I kind of envy it.

I feel pathetic because I can't get a job, I've been trying for about five months now after my shitty seasonal position. I feel pathetic because I still can't make up my mind on my college major/path in life. etc etc...

I can only say I relate to you in some way...I have no solution though lol.

Yeah, definitely circumstances add to the lonely, inadequate feelings. Such as no job, lack of money and the inability to make decisions. My husband definitely sees me as needy and I absolutely hate it!!!!:( but life goes on... I guess we have to take things as they come deal with them and try to see the positive side:)

abe109 said:
You all are not alone :D. there are many people that feel lonely!! I hope here you can relate with others that have the same thoughts and experiences you do!

Thank you:)

Latest posts

Back