this is why I eat so little

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mickey

Reaction score
Normally, I either skip breakfast for lack of appetite or wake up too late for breakfast. I have something like a granola bar for lunch, sometimes a bit of leftover rolled oats, sometimes a slice of bread with cream cheese. I might eat a banana or apple in mid-afternoon. Dinners are usually substantial, such as a full bowl of pasta or two chicken drumsticks with rice or a pork chop with mashed potatoes. In the evening I might have another granola bar. But I do drink coffee throughout the day along with water, and I sometimes drink cola.

So, over the course of yesterday, I ate a total of four donuts, a large bag of ripple-cut chips (crisps for you Brits), an 8-oz gourmet hamburger on a kaiser and a plate of wedge-cut fries (chips for you Brits). At some point my gut became distended and rock-hard and I felt pregnant with a baby elephant. Around 9 pm I started burping and continued to burp nearly continuously for about half an hour. I thought I was about to have a heart attack. Then the burping stopped and a few minutes later I started _farting_ nearly continuously for about 20 minutes. I stopped being pregnant with a baby elephant and my gut went back to its normal, soft size, so I felt a lot better. But that's the last goddamned time I overload on so much food in one day.

Thank you for reading.

Well, you are aware that what you ate yesterday is all junk food laden with fat, right? Try eating healthier food and see what happens. I'd wager the fat and junk is likely your problem.

TheRealCallie said:
Well, you are aware that what you ate yesterday is all junk food laden with fat, right? Try eating healthier food and see what happens. I'd wager the fat and junk is likely your problem.

I didn't know people were affected that way by junk food. If they are, why does anyone ever eat it?

mickey said:
TheRealCallie said:

I didn't know people were affected that way by junk food. If they are, why does anyone ever eat it?

Because it tastes good and can give us a brief high.

The human brain is pretty simple in what it tells your body it wants. We do need a little of things like fat and salt, but there's no nutritional value in a donut and junk food has way more fat and salt than we actually need.

mickey said:
TheRealCallie said:

Well, if you eat it all the time, your body adjusts to it, it's not good for anyone really, but they are used to eating it.
Whereas you, to go from eating little food most days that are mostly healthy-ish to eating a massive amount of fatty, greasy junk food, your body isn't used to that so it will make you sick.

Stick with healthy food, baked chips if you want them, Baked french fries if you want them. There is a healthy option for almost everything.

The waffle-cut fries actually were baked, but I eat my fries with mayonnaise. This time there might have been a little too much mayo, which probably made things worse.

I did some googling and it turns out that large amounts of fat can indeed cause severe gas in both the stomach and the intestines. Donuts are very fatty, potato chips are also very fatty, the burger was fatty and the mayo was too. But I already know that, by themselves, the burger and fries with a little mayo don't have that effect on me, so the culprits were very likely the donuts and chips and excess mayo piled on top of the burger and fries. Now I have to figure out why in blazes I went through a large bag of potato chips in one day by myself. It's totally unlike me.

I have struggled with acid reflex and various digestive troubles for many years.
i used to get home from work and litteraly force myself to start eating supper. After a few bites it would get easier though.
my problems stem from a life of improper eating habits. Skipping meals often and then eating crap food.
It catches up to you. And thats what you described above with the gas and bloated feelings.
it only gets worse until you learn to manage it.

Sounds like it's because you are not used to eating a normal amount of food. This happens to me. I hate having to stop what I'm doing to eat, it feels like a huge burden of a distraction.

mickey said:
So, over the course of yesterday, I ate a total of four donuts, a large bag of ripple-cut chips (crisps for you Brits), an 8-oz gourmet hamburger on a kaiser and a plate of wedge-cut fries (chips for you Brits). At some point my gut became distended and rock-hard and I felt pregnant with a baby elephant. Around 9 pm I started burping and continued to burp nearly continuously for about half an hour. I thought I was about to have a heart attack. Then the burping stopped and a few minutes later I started _farting_ nearly continuously for about 20 minutes. I stopped being pregnant with a baby elephant and my gut went back to its normal, soft size, so I felt a lot better. But that's the last goddamned time I overload on so much food in one day.

Reading all that made me want to fart. Yeah that crap will do a number on.

Here is a list of foods that produce gas for some people:

Vegetables such as artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, peas, radishes, and raw potatoes.

Beans and other legumes.

Fruits such as apricots, bananas, melons, peaches, pears, prunes, and raw apples.

Wheat and wheat bran.
Eggs.

Carbonated drinks, fruit drinks, beer, and red wine.

Fried and fatty foods.

Sugar and sugar substitutes.

Milk and other dairy products, especially in people who have trouble digesting lactose, the main sugar found in milk.

Packaged foods that contain lactose, such as breads, cereal, and salad dressing.

Hope that helps just a wee bit..Bright Blessings

Sci-Fi said:
*copies list and prints*

Thanks. :D

Let's just say my kid is at an age where she loves to laugh uproariously at the idea of passing gas. If I gave her this list, she would never eat anything else...ah, kids :D

-Teresa

Arachne said:
Here is a list of foods that produce gas for some people:

Vegetables such as artichokes, asparagus, broccoli, brussels sprouts, cabbage, cauliflower, zucchini, cucumbers, green peppers, onions, peas, radishes, and raw potatoes.

Beans and other legumes.

Fruits such as apricots, bananas, melons, peaches, pears, prunes, and raw apples.

Wheat and wheat bran.
Eggs.

Carbonated drinks, fruit drinks, beer, and red wine.

Fried and fatty foods.

Sugar and sugar substitutes.

Milk and other dairy products, especially in people who have trouble digesting lactose, the main sugar found in milk.

Packaged foods that contain lactose, such as breads, cereal, and salad dressing.

Hope that helps just a wee bit..Bright Blessings

So just about everything, hahahaha wow. But good list still :d

Latest posts

Back