Tiddles The Stray Cat

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
TheWalkingDead said:
The first time it happened I thought it had got dark outside because the windows were black with flying ants - thankfully nothing ever since has been on that scale but they seem more or less impossible to completely eradicate (used professional poison they took back to the nest and they disappeared for a year - then came back and started avoiding the poison bait!!!!!!

Great. God if that happened to me I would move. I am already considering it.

LonelySutton said:
TheWalkingDead said:
The first time it happened I thought it had got dark outside because the windows were black with flying ants - thankfully nothing ever since has been on that scale but they seem more or less impossible to completely eradicate (used professional poison they took back to the nest and they disappeared for a year - then came back and started avoiding the poison bait!!!!!!

Great. God if that happened to me I would move. I am already considering it.

Lol - they are no match for man with an electrical cleaning appliance!

Tiddles is I am afraid gone. I looked around and there is a gap in the fence where he could have got into an adjoining garden and from there pretty much anywhere - it looks like since this stupid parasol coming crashing in for no apparent reason at all, my garden has lost its status as a safe haven - I even put the cat food near where he usually appears so he doesn't have to come out as far for it, but no sign of him :(

TheWalkingDead said:

Tiddles is I am afraid gone. I looked around and there is a gap in the fence where he could have got into an adjoining garden and from there pretty much anywhere - it looks like since this stupid parasol coming crashing in for no apparent reason at all, my garden has lost its status as a safe haven - I even put the cat food near where he usually appears so he doesn't have to come out as far for it, but no sign of him :(

He will come back, don't worry, I'm sure he will. He knows who has the best food and treats him the best, once he gets over the fear he'll be back hopefully. :)

Aisha said:
TheWalkingDead said:

He will come back, don't worry, I'm sure he will. He knows who has the best food and treats him the best, once he gets over the fear he'll be back hopefully. :)

Thanks, I hope so. I've read that cats will hide for a while if they're really frightened, but may come back when driven by thirst or hunger - so I will just keep putting his food out every day.

I'll go and check it now, might have to watch out the slugs aren't mounting a raid on it, I've invaders on all fronts lately!!!!

AW I went to check the slugs and Tiddles was there eating his dinner lol! Happy happy happy!!!!!!!!

TheWalkingDead said:
Aisha said:
TheWalkingDead said:

Thanks, I hope so. I've read that cats will hide for a while if they're really frightened, but may come back when driven by thirst or hunger - so I will just keep putting his food out every day.

I'll go and check it now, might have to watch out the slugs aren't mounting a raid on it, I've invaders on all fronts lately!!!!

AW I went to check the slugs and Tiddles was there eating his dinner lol! Happy happy happy!!!!!!!!

I knew it! I'm very happy he's back! Poor little thing, he's very skittish. I hope no other flying monsters come to terrify him and chase him away from his home.

He's also got some different flavours to try so he better not run away on me again lol!

As for the ants, where's Ozzy Osbourne when you need him, he could have snorted them as he apparently once did with that Motley Crue chap lol! I didn't fancy doing the same, I let the hoover snort them for me.

Just realised my garden is a jungle at the moment, no wonder Tiddles is hard to find and the wildlife are invading! I must take action soon!

Today Tiddles sat and washed himself after his dinner, with me 2 feet away. He hasn't done that before, usually goes back into the grass to perform his ablutions. I think the luxury cat food is working lol - I can see it in his eyes, he's wondering how many boxes full of tasty treats there are behind that door that this strange human keeps coming out of!!

He does stop and listen to me when I talk to him, but eventually goes off back to the grass.

I will keep working on this funny little relationship!

TheWalkingDead said:
Today Tiddles sat and washed himself after his dinner, with me 2 feet away. He hasn't done that before, usually goes back into the grass to perform his ablutions. I think the luxury cat food is working lol - I can see it in his eyes, he's wondering how many boxes full of tasty treats there are behind that door that this strange human keeps coming out of!!
He does stop and listen to me when I talk to him, but eventually goes off back to the grass.
I will keep working on this funny little relationship!

Isn't he a proud little thing? :) He is clearly rewarding you for your patience!

Rosebolt said:
I just want to say i like this thread.

Tiddles says thanks.

I can get 2 feet away from him now if I am putting his food out - he does still hiss at me if I try to go too near, but at least he's not running away, which may be a sign of him being stronger after all his nourishing dinners!

I can see him arguing with himself over whether to cross that 2 feet gap for a delicious dinner, but usually I just walk away to let him eat, though I stay a little longer each time. Hopefully soon he will and realise I care for him and won't hurt him but I think it's clearly long term therapy he needs lol! :)

Tiddles deciding whether it's worth approaching the scary human in the doorway for his dinner

free screenshot software

And I just knew it - Tiddles is a spooky alien cat from outer space! :D He looks up now and then as if to check I don't have any more dinner waiting or to see why I'm distracting him from his feast trying to get his attention to take photos! :club:

image sharing

The images are a little small to see but I think I can make out his bright yellow eyes there... I think.

ladyforsaken said:
The images are a little small to see but I think I can make out his bright yellow eyes there... I think.

Lol yes those are his bright yellow eyes! He's taken to waiting on the patio when it's breakfast time, eyeing the door, and actually had a wash today with his back to the door, so he is feeling safer but it will take a long time I expect.

I now feel bad that I am going away on a short holiday in a couple of weeks, I'll just have to feed him up before I go!

The catfood instructions say to feed cat as much as it will eat as cats rarely overeat - they clearly haven't heard of the other Tiddles, and I think mine would eat everything I had if it's jellied and coming out of expensive pouches!

I got him some "dental" cat food today as I can't get near enough to brush his teeth so this will have to do lol!

RIP Tiddles. Just found the poor fella, heavy plank in shed had fallen on him, so have just buried him.

At least the last couple of months of his little life he was well fed and looked after as well as could be.

What? :O Oh no! Poor tiddles. I'm glad he had love and care and attention as much as was possible in the time before he passed. I hope he didn't suffer too much.

It was a shock to me, I went away last week and on the Friday morning he didn't show up for his breakfast as usual. I didn't think too much more about it until I got back and there was still no sign so I thought something must have happened. Then I went out to mow the lawn today and found him under the plank of wood in the shed doorwa, looked like it fell right on his neck, poor thing, he must have been there a few days but I dug him a little patch in the flowerbeds where the sun will always shine on him.

:(

RIP Tiddles. I was hoping you'd see him around again when you got back. It was nice that he got to have some real good food by you before though. That was really nice of you to take care of him in that way, TWD.

Latest posts

Back