Troublesome shy girl

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pradir

Reaction score
Okay, I met this girl, She's really attractive, and I want to go out with her. I heard she never have been in a relationship before, and because of that, she's really shy, she can barely say any words when we try to converse, I have to do most of the talking.

I believe she's interested, or perhaps I simply wants to believe in it... either way, I'm stuck with this, I don't know what to do, and her being shy gets on my nerves... I feel like I can't do anything with her cause of it.

Now it's been a while we know eachother, and I don't feel particularly closer to her. I asked her out twice, she accepted those two times, but some circumstances made that we had to postpone to an undetermined date. The first time, she said her rules just started and that it was particularly painful for her that day. The second time was my fault, I was drunk the day before, and I felt soo sick I couldn't really help it.

She said we would just do that when we'd have less on our minds, cause we are quite busy at the university.

Now I'm slowly losing interests... but I want to give it some last efforts... I just don't know how to deal with her.

Any suggestion?

Note : When I say she's shy, I mean by that, she would talk to anyone else in our group, but she has trouble talking to me. Like just me... and she doesn't hate me or anything, I'm quite sure of it. I also heard when I asked her out the first time she didn't know what to say, she was taken by surprise and had to talk with a friend, she was nervous.

Just be yourself, man. There's only one way for her to get less shy around you, and that's for her to actually BE around you. Once you spend a bit of time together, I'm sure she'll open up a bit and start talking to you more. Lots of girls are like that...very shy at first, but they become pretty open and involved once you spend some time with them.

----Steve

I am myself :( the point is she won't open up, like she was afraid of what I'd think of her, or something

Hmm My main advice to you out of this would be don't let alchol compromise anything important in your life ever again, seriously mate it's not worth it. Secondly maybe this girl isn't ready for anything yet, it's certainly possible. Worth trying though whats the worst than can happen, shy girls can be difficult but if it works out it could be awesome.

Expendable said:
Hmm My main advice to you out of this would be don't let alchol compromise anything important in your life ever again, seriously mate it's not worth it. Secondly maybe this girl isn't ready for anything yet, it's certainly possible. Worth trying though whats the worst than can happen, shy girls can be difficult but if it works out it could be awesome.

Hahahahaha... wth is that alcohol comment for XD... I find it funny cause I'm drunk atm, but still...

She's not ready huh... that might be true... but I was thinking about giving up on her... I'm just seriously confused if I should or not. It also happens she's in our group at the university, and that I'd hate to have her on my bad side, as it might screw up my relation with everyone else... on the other hand... well I do like her :(

AAaaaahhhh and it tires me to keep thinking about her.

Pradir said:
Expendable said:

Hahahahaha... wth is that alcohol comment for XD... I find it funny cause I'm drunk atm, but still...

She's not ready huh... that might be true... but I was thinking about giving up on her... I'm just seriously confused if I should or not. It also happens she's in our group at the university, and that I'd hate to have her on my bad side, as it might screw up my relation with everyone else... on the other hand... well I do like her :(

AAaaaahhhh and it tires me to keep thinking about her.
Go for it, I've been in almost the exact same situation. The potenital win far outweighs the potential loss. Just think how happy happy you could be. Don't give up just yet.

write her a note and slip it into her hand :)

Just write her a letter. People love letters n_n

It'll get her to open up i bet :D

From the sounds of it her shyness may be crippling her ability to be natural around you. A patient guy would wait and let things evolve slowly. If you can hold on that long I take my hat off to you, but we can only wait so long until we give up.

Expendable said:
don't let alcohol compromise anything important in your life ever again, seriously mate it's not worth it.

Pradir said:

I...

Hm. The irony here is evident enough that I think I will refrain from comment.

:)

Brian said:
Expendable said:
don't let alcohol compromise anything important in your life ever again, seriously mate it's not worth it.

Pradir said:

I...

Hm. The irony here is evident enough that I think I will refrain from comment.

:)

heh, that's true enough, although he didn't know about it in the first place :p

Latest posts

Back