Trust Issues

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well even though you deleted your post and I don't know what it was about, I'm going to jump right in and add my 2 cents anyway, as far as trust is concerned, I have SERIOUS trust issues partly because my step-father drilled it into me to half trust family and totally trust no-one outside of them because anybody can through you under the bus for personal gain or will let you down either on purpose or accidentally with that said I still for some reason tend to look at some people a certain way or put some people on a pedestal and put too many expectations on them and wind up deeply disappointed when things don't the way I felt they should have concerning them!(which leads to another issue I have which is me being too controlling but thats whole nother thread altogther!) Usually this pertains to romantic relationship and with that also comes the fact that I don't trust men around my significant other, even my closet friends(I know sad right?) and I don't trust myself to have friendships with members of the opposite sex hence my theory that all who know me well hear me say all the time and firmly believe "men and women can never be true friends" (which means I am not exempt from this applying to me also) unless at least one of them is gay and even then one can still have feelings for the other person without them knowing or is sexually attracted to them without them knowing which leads to another part of the same theory no man or woman is truly friends with a member of the opposite sex that they have not thought about having sex with or thought about being in a relationship with at some point, I mean think about it you hear all the time how friendship often turns into romantic relationships so from that comes a whole heap of trust issues that I deal with daily and it has not been easy! I may sound a little ignorant for stating this but for me this theory has always prevailed as being true! So with that I don't have friends of the opposite sex, now don't get me wrong I have plenty of female acquaintances but those are usually due to a certain circumstances for example outside of work I would have no association what so ever with the women I work with. And don't even get me started on being friends with other men I'll just say this, if I hadn't grown up with the 2 close male friends that I do have I probably wouldn't have any! Anyway I know all of this is probably a bit more than what I should have shared so I appreciate A Lonely Life.com for letting me express my feelings before you all no matter how inane it may sound to some of you. Thank you.

Latest posts

Back