UK, Bedford

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Charliegirl6

Reaction score
Hello, I'm Charlotte and I'm from Bedford, UK.

I came across this forum because I've found myself in the friendless predicament and that my life is lacking intimate friendships. I don't know how, but i'm thinking it's because I'm an introvert/socially inept geek. :p I would describe myself as optimistic, quirky, caring and I like weird and unusual things.

I love animals, art, animation, culture, foreign musics and collect games consoles... I like travelling when I can, looking at museums and playing games. I often played Tekken with friends and in tourneys a few years back. My favourite character is Yoshimitsu, because he's....different. ;) I made many close friendships and penpals through gaming, but in time when people lose interest in the passion you shared together most, the frienships drift apart.

I'm looking for a friend, someone who I can be loyal to and share my thoughts and life experiences with. Yes, I have a boyfriend, but even he needs a break from the girl talk. ;) And It's more of an online thing, but should we have a lot in common or live close, maybe we could hang out? :p

Hi there,

I'm also from the exciting UK..

Welcome to the site!

:)

Hi and welcome!

I have a few old consoles in the loft, not sure it's a collection.

Ooh a Tekken nerd! Definitely my favourite fighting game ever. Well I liked the atmosphere of Mortal Kombat but Tekken was so great. My friends and I used to play it for up to 12 hours straight, Tekken Tag on the PS2 with multitap. We never entered any tournies but we really should have, we were seriously good at it, knowing most of the 10 hit combos etc. My favourite character is Jin, I'd always choose him as my first and the tag as either Jun, Lei, Paul Phoenix, Yoshimitsu (coolest character by far)... oh and Bryan Fury too. I could really infuriate people with him xD
Would always laugh when someone thought they could go Eddy and mash the buttons... so easy to counter when you know what you're doing, and countering the counters... CHICKEN! lol

Well anyway you sound cool I like your interests... what films do you like?

painter said:
Would always laugh when someone thought they could go Eddy and mash the buttons...

Do what now, you challenging me?

Welcome Charlotte. I'm in Nottinghamshire so quite a bit further up north than you!

Like you, I am taken but am always up for talking to people!

Hi Charlotte. I'm from the UK as well.

Boyfriends are great, but they aren't the same as friends! Everyone seems great here so far.

Welcome to the forums Charlotte!

You sound like a fun person to hang out with.

If you ever want to talk about anything, feel free to message me!

Charliegirl6 said:

I came across this forum because I've found myself in the friendless predicament and that my life is lacking intimate friendships. I don't know how, but i'm thinking it's because I'm an introvert/socially inept geek. :p I would describe myself as optimistic, quirky, caring and I like weird and unusual things.

I love animals, art, animation, culture, foreign musics and collect games consoles... I like travelling when I can, looking at museums and playing games. I often played Tekken with friends and in tourneys a few years back. My favourite character is Yoshimitsu, because he's....different. ;) I made many close friendships and penpals through gaming, but in time when people lose interest in the passion you shared together most, the frienships drift apart.

I'm looking for a friend, someone who I can be loyal to and share my thoughts and life experiences with. Yes, I have a boyfriend, but even he needs a break from the girl talk. ;) And It's more of an online thing, but should we have a lot in common or live close, maybe we could hang out? :p
Hi Charlotte we could be great friends as Im pretty much in the same situ as you now and I LOVE colelcting games consoles! I have a master system 1 and 2, nes, game boy, atari 2600, lynx and megadrive!! I also ahve the mame arcade emualtor with 5000 games! shame Im up north in manchester though :( though atleast we could still tlak if youre up for it? :)

painter said:
Ooh a Tekken nerd! Definitely my favourite fighting game ever. Well I liked the atmosphere of Mortal Kombat but Tekken was so great. My friends and I used to play it for up to 12 hours straight, Tekken Tag on the PS2 with multitap. We never entered any tournies but we really should have, we were seriously good at it, knowing most of the 10 hit combos etc. My favourite character is Jin, I'd always choose him as my first and the tag as either Jun, Lei, Paul Phoenix, Yoshimitsu (coolest character by far)... oh and Bryan Fury too. I could really infuriate people with him xD
Would always laugh when someone thought they could go Eddy and mash the buttons... so easy to counter when you know what you're doing, and countering the counters... CHICKEN! lol

Well anyway you sound cool I like your interests... what films do you like?

COOL :D It's been years since I played, I've probably forgotten most of it now, but the basic moves are like reflexes :p. Eh, I don't really have a set standard to films I like. It's Various.. I do find I like comedy a lot, Robin Williams kinda stuff because life's too serious!! I also Like V for Vendetta, Les Miserables and a lot of 1980's and pre 1980's to B/W classics. :) What about yourself? :)

I really like some old films, such as 2001: A Space Odyssey, Stalker, Solaris, The Good the Bad and the Ugly, Apocalypse Now. Bladerunner, Monty Python... David Lynch. I like stupid stuff from the 80's and 90's too, some comedies or some classic horrors. Those are I guess the more well known ones I like, along with many "foreign" ones, from any country really.

Charliegirl6 said:

Hi charlotte! Im also a console collector with games as a passion. What consoles do you own and whats the latest game you played?

I also have some classic consoles, I did start collecting them, but haven't for a little while.

Do anyone know any decent sites with cheap retro games?

Heya.

Im from luton, close by :).

Welcome to forums. U seem quite genuine.
I too at one point had a good bunch of mates who moved on.
So i made and making new ones :)

Latest posts

Back