Websites for making friends

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike413

Reaction score
Most of what I find is dating sites. However, has anyone ever had any luck in meeting people and making friends on websites that do not have the initials FB? I am not on there but even if I was I don't think it's good for making friends. Most of the ones I have seen online seem to have few members and even fewer in my area. Anyway, please list any sites you think are good for meeting people and making friends in person. Meetup hasn't really worked for me either. Thanks.

You could make friends practically anywhere over the internet, there's such a large variety it's impossible to list them all.

A quick search specifically for making friends:

www.justepals.com/‎
www.makefriendsonline.com/
www.cyberfriends.com/
www.newfriends4u.com/
www.easyfriends.com/‎
www.makefriends.co.uk/‎

I'm pretty sure you'd find an ideal one after a more thorough search. If that fails; there's a door. :)

I'm not sure about websites for making friends however its true you can make them on pretty much any site online. Just join one you like and see what happens!

Personally I've made friends on MySpace (back in the day, don't judge!), flickr and hobby related forums.

If you meet through a hobby or shared interest I think its easier to connect with people rather than just being there because you want friends.

Mike413 said:
Most of what I find is dating sites. However, has anyone ever had any luck in meeting people and making friends on websites that do not have the initials FB? I am not on there but even if I was I don't think it's good for making friends. Most of the ones I have seen online seem to have few members and even fewer in my area. Anyway, please list any sites you think are good for meeting people and making friends in person. Meetup hasn't really worked for me either. Thanks.

Dude, I've made friends.. even real life friends from this forum itself.

Try Quora, you can definitely meet people on there with the same interests and in the same area.

Mike413 said:
I'm looking for real life friends not internet friends though.

Yeah. That's what I meant, I've made real life friends from meeting people on this forum. I mean if you can find someone living in your area, you can plan to meet up or something.

Yeah, when I get good enough on my guitar or whatever I can maybe get together and jam with people. That would be cool. :)

Mike413 said:
I'm looking for real life friends not internet friends though.

This isn't what I got from your initial post.

Mike413 said:
Yeah, when I get good enough on my guitar or whatever I can maybe get together and jam with people. That would be cool. :)

Or just toss around ideas, gear settings, gear, etc.

Aren't friends on the internet real life friends anyway? Or is the internet pretend life? I'm hated in both so I assume it's the same.

I think they are. When people say "real life" friends I think they mean people they can see and meet up with. You can have a great online friend but if they are 1000s of miles away you can't pop out for a cuppa.

Well what I meant was(if I wasn't clear enough initially)I would like to meet people online then meet them in person as opposed to trying to make friends with someone in a bar or the park.

I'm not really interested in having virtual friends if that makes sense. I once had a "relationship" with a woman for about three years who I never met in person. There's nothing wrong with that in and of itself(other than being a waste of time in some ways)but I would prefer to meet people in the flesh(sooner or later anyway and preferably sooner).

I know what you meant, I just class every friend I make as a friend. That might just be me though.

But you can make friends anywhere. I'm in the same boat where i'm looking to do the same. It could happen on here, on another site, who knows. Plenty out there, you've just gotta be willing to search.

Legato said:
Aren't friends on the internet real life friends anyway? Or is the internet pretend life? I'm hated in both so I assume it's the same.

Don't think you could be hated, Legato. :)

Legato said:
I know what you meant, I just class every friend I make as a friend. That might just be me though.

That is me too.

ladyforsaken said:
Legato said:

Don't think you could be hated, Legato. :)

Legato said:

That is me too.

Aww you're too kind

Latest posts

Back