Well, here I am eh?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian

Reaction score
I've lurked here for awhile, happy to find people like myself. I made a couple guest posts, under the username 'Lonely in Idaho', but it's time I finally registered, because I've come to realize something: Loneliness only makes its self worse as time goes on, and the longer I'm alone, the less likely I am to find a partner. So I need to overcome my shyness around women...and I think this site can help. And on the other end of the stick, hopefully I can help other people in the process to overcome their social challenges.

Anyway.

I'm Brian (obviously), and like many others I found this site by typing "I'm so lonely" in to Google. I'm almost 21 and I'm working on a career in the fire service. In case anyone was wondering, the movies are wrong. Being a firefighter really does not do much to lure in women by its self. Or at least being a volunteer doesn't, no matter how dedicated and outright obsessed you are with what you do. :p

My biggest challenge, like so many people here, is with social anxiety in crowds of people I don't know (for some reason, I'm more or less 100% at ease around other firefighters or EMTs, even those I do not know), and -my prime issue-, with meeting women.

I'm here because I've had some minor success with my love-shyness this year, and I feel having people to talk to will help me further that success. Before, the mere thought of approaching a woman was capable on some nights of causing intense anguish, and sharp physical pains. But so far, in the past 5 months or so, I've actually managed to talk to 3 girls and ask for phone numbers. One gave me her number, and mentioned 'her boyfriend' when I called to ask her out. The other I actually met up with once, but it didn't go any further. The last one politely declined. I would like to be able to continue this path and see where it takes me, because I truly shocked myself. I've always told myself I would never even be able to ask for a girl's number, much less get it and meet with her as a result. When I got up the gumption to try, I proved myself wrong on several levels. It would sound pathetic to most people I know, but when the one girl smiled genuinely as she wrote her phone number down for me, I felt like I was high for the rest of the day.

That was all several months ago, though. I have to get back to that point before I lose it forever, and continue my improvements.

Anyway. I'm off to bed...but I'm glad to have finally registered.

Welcome Brian :)

Welcome Brian! There are some very nice and understanding people here :)

Hi Brian. Its good to read how you just dove in and go for it. You are strong and stay strong because things just get easy when you become more experienced and you have a WAY better chance at meeting someone special.

I have met lots of people who unfortunately will probably never meet a girl because they can't take control for themselves and expect everything to come to them which is downright pathetic IMO.

Keep it up, and good luck.

Latest posts

Back