what do you think about judging others by Religion ?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nicespirit

Reaction score
once my brother asked me about other religions, how they are? how they behave? are they good? bad?...

well this is what i believe: Islam, Christianity, Judaism are all religions from God, so it's all good religions !

so if there is a bad muslim/christian/jews person, it's because he is a bad person not religion !

what do you think about it ?

in my opinion i dont really like religion or what man has done with it. im undecided at whether or not i even believe in god but the older i get the more towards the no side i get. i dont judge people based on their religions though. i have a good friend who is mormon and he knows im not religious and he doesnt try to push it on me or even talk to me about it unless i ask him something about it. it helped him turn his life around so good for him. i just think its funny when people think religion and race are the same thing, like they are on the same level of discrimination. now while i dont discriminate against anyone for the ir religion, i think its not on the same level. it may not be nice, but you can choose your religion, you cant choose your race.

These kinds of topics never end well.

It's easy to judge people on their race, religion or political views, but it's certainly not a fair or good practice.

What most people know of religions that aren't their own are usually the more extreme elements that we hear about on the news everyday.

Also we meet and deal with people of all religious denominations every day of our lives and 90% of these people we won't even think of them as religious people. The only people who will really fall under that category are the ones who are very obnoxious about the expression of their beliefs.

This should probably go in the debates section. Then if all goes normally, it will soon find its way to the closed threads section :p

Uhh, relationship wise, religion doesn't matter to me. I've had two boyfriends who didn't believe in God, but that never faulted my belief in God. My faith is still strong, regardless who doesn't agree or who doesn't like it.

All In The Mind said:
Religion is what caused judgement.
horse honeysuckle

edgecrusher said:
in my opinion i dont really like religion or what man has done with it. im undecided at whether or not i even believe in god but the older i get the more towards the no side i get. i dont judge people based on their religions though. i have a good friend who is mormon and he knows im not religious and he doesnt try to push it on me or even talk to me about it unless i ask him something about it. it helped him turn his life around so good for him. i just think its funny when people think religion and race are the same thing, like they are on the same level of discrimination. now while i dont discriminate against anyone for the ir religion, i think its not on the same level. it may not be nice, but you can choose your religion, you cant choose your race.

horse honeysuckle, discrimination is discrimination, nothing more fundamental to an individual than his or her belief/faith. FORTUNATELY THE FOUNDING FATHERS DISAGREED WITH YOUR ENLIGHTENED VIEWPOINT.

VanillaCreme said:
Bull dung indeed. Religion didn't cause judgment. It's a factor for some people. But it didn't start it.

smart girl. you left the "E" out of judgment, that so many people mistakenly add, were you a good speller in school? :D

I'm sorry, but i just want your opinion, because i deal with people from different religions everyday, this is why i just want to know your opinion about it !

nicespirit said:
well this is what i believe: Islam, Christianity, Judaism are all religions from God, so it's all good religions !

633763766100652315-ChristianityMygodhasahammeryourgodwasnailedtoacrossAnyquestions.jpg

I believe we're done here...

Just_Some_Dude said:
All In The Mind said:
Religion is what caused judgement.
horse honeysuckle

edgecrusher said:

horse honeysuckle, discrimination is discrimination, nothing more fundamental to an individual than his or her belief/faith. FORTUNATELY THE FOUNDING FATHERS DISAGREED WITH YOUR ENLIGHTENED VIEWPOINT.

i hope i didnt come across as saying that it was ok or something because i dont think it is. like i said i have a good mormon friend and most people think that is closer to a cult than a religion. i didnt say it was nice and your right it is discrimination. i just said its not on the same level as something you have no choice for, like your race. the reason i say that is because there is not a single person alive who can say that they 100% know that what they believe in is the "right religion" or if any of it is true. the truth is, no one will ever know until they die.

judge not lest ye be judged, sinner man!!! :p

Religions are not monoliths, and there are probably as many interpretations of belief as there are believers in every religion (unless the person comes from a very rigid, closed faith system).

Likewise, there as many different ways that people live out their faith as there are people. So judge people by their actions and words by all means, but not by what you assume their religious beliefs to be. Just my two cents.

...unless they aggressively try to convert you. Then it's all fair game :)

But to your idea Edgecrusher, that religion is chosen, race is not; this is only a recent truth, and only holds in certain parts of earth. Historically, and in many places today, religion, race, and culture are assumed to be one and the same. Even today, people in certain families and religious sects can risk being shunned from their families for 'rejecting' or 'abandoning' the faith (or specific interpretation assumed to be the only way).

Also, I think that religious discrimination can be just as brutal as racial discrimination. Who is to say which is worse? Is it really any different if I kill you because of your religion than if I kill you for the colour of you skin? Both are equally unjustifiable reasons for murder, and in both cases, you end up toast.

Unless somebody is taking part of a religion/ philosophy that encourages being jerks... I'm just fine with whatever he or she believes.

I don't particularly judge people by their religion, but I somehow find their reasoning very flawed. If I could accept the premise that everything was created by a specific God, like Jesus or Allah, I would certainly NOT believe that they could solve our problems if we pray, or if they even care about every single one of their 'followers'.

People often mistake religion and faith. I think faith is the thing that matters. And where that faith is put - that's for each individual to decide. That being called 'God' in my opinion should be unique to everyone, not one guy for Christians, and another for Muslims.

My God, for example, is the thing that started everything going. Science always goes deeper and deeper, but the limit that it reaches - that's the line where God comes in. If earlier people thought that God is above the clouds, now they now that there's space. People thought that God created space, while now it is known that it most likely formed after the Big Bang. Big Bang is not yet explained, so to me God is not a living thing, but a trigger for everything - in this case the Big Bang. I believe that everything has a beginning, and that thing responsible for that beginning is God.

And my defined God would most certainly not care about any of us. We have free will, the choices we make shape our lives. And when our choices fail, we can't just say 'Help me' and expect to get that help. The universe is vast, and it's extremely egotistical to think that something which is responsible for all that vastness would care about every single one person and their problems. Praying is pointless... Introspection and reflection, however, are not. I would rather talk with myself rather than some unknown entity.

However, I do not respect those fanatic religious people who believe EVERY word written in the Bible or Torah, or other religious book. It just shows that they have no opinion of their own and blindly follow other's word. But again, I don't discriminate against them or anything. To me they are just people with a different world view.

I think it's sometimes necessary to judge by religion. If someone follows a religion that states that it's ok to sacrifice babies to the Blood God, then YES, I'm going to judge that person as insane and incredibly dangerous....requiring steps to be taken to remedy the situation.

However, thankfully, most religions on this planet promote kindness and peace....so for the most part this isn't much of an issue for me. As long as the religion causes no greater harm, then I'm generally fine with it.

all religions are bad. they dehumanise people, take away their ability to think for themselves by brainwashing. think of how many wars have been fought in the world in the name of 'religion'. The history of humanity is a bloodbath because of it.

stella said:
all religions are bad. they dehumanise people, take away their ability to think for themselves by brainwashing. think of how many wars have been fought in the world in the name of 'religion'. The history of humanity is a bloodbath because of it.

why don't you tell us how you really feel? are rudeness and prejudice only the terrain of athiests?

Just_Some_Dude said:
stella said:

why don't you tell us how you really feel? are rudeness and prejudice only the terrain of athiests?

I understand that you disagree with her, but that's a matter of opinion. Why do you call her post rude? Is it because she said 'all religions'? How would you reword her post to retain its message but make it not rude?

mintymint said:
Just_Some_Dude said:
stella said:

I understand that you disagree with her, but that's a matter of opinion. Why do you call her post rude? Is it because she said 'all religions'? How would you reword her post to retain its message but make it not rude?

oh, but mintstrel, i didn't call her post rude. reread.

it's NOT a matter of opinion when she STATES all religions are bad?
but it IS a matter of opinion when i ASK if rudeness and prejudice are athiest traits?

her statement is wrong on more levels than i care to get into, not the least of which, it is pure bigotry. i'll leave it at that.

Latest posts

Back