What Does Everybody Think?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AimeeLou84

Reaction score
Hi all :) I'm a freelance writer and I've been getting a little bored of my job lately.I love writing but I always end up writing about stuff that I aren't passionate about.So after figuring I need a change the idea came to me to start a magazine. A HUGE challenge seem as though most magazines that start fail within their first year and they don't even get around to being published. However, I also believe that if you work hard enough at something you can achieve it. So what the hell :)

My idea is to create a magazine for real women. This has probably been attempted many times but I'm fed up of seeing posts in forums and people on tv complaining that magazines don't cater to real women. They don't phot real women, they airbrush the models they use and it's a big controversial subject.So my goal (and I know I'm going to get a lot of negativity about the topic saying you can't change anything and if it was that easy people would have alreayd done it etc).I know it won't be easy,I know it's a challenge but if you never try you never know.

So I was wondering, for all the girls and women on the forum - what would you like to see in a magazine besides pictures of real women? What do you feel the magazines you've read don't cover? I'm just brainstorming at the moment and I'm loving coming up with new ideas but the goal is to create something real women want, not just me lol. So all ideas are appreciated!

lol i dont have any ideas at the moment im afraid but think its a great idea what your doing, best of luck with it :)

AimeeLou84 said:
My idea is to create a magazine for real women. This has probably been attempted many times but I'm fed up of seeing posts in forums and people on tv complaining that magazines don't cater to real women. They don't phot real women, they airbrush the models they use and it's a big controversial subject.So my goal (and I know I'm going to get a lot of negativity about the topic saying you can't change anything and if it was that easy people would have alreayd done it etc).I know it won't be easy,I know it's a challenge but if you never try you never know.

I'm a man so I'm afraid I have no ideas (that you would want :p); I just wanted to voice my agreement with what you've said about women's magazines (particularly those aimed at younger women) and give you my support! I much prefer the natural beauty that airbrushing ruins, and all that the photoshopping seems to do is skew young girls' perceptions of what beauty is. Did you see the Dove soap campaign for real women in the UK not long ago? I thought it was the beginning of a paradigm shift in marketing to women but it all seems to have died down now.

Anyway, I have great admiration for those who follow their dreams and work hard at them. I truly hope you succeed!

What exactly is a real woman?

I think to start a magazine you have to have some financial clout.

Also: "I *aren't* passionate about"?

Hi Aimee,
I guess the question for me would be what type of woman you want to target. As women grow older, they enter different phases and roles in life. From being young and making career decisions to becoming a mother to growing older and thinking of retirement. I think we all have it in common that we want to be healthy and look our best within our limits. I, personally, like to hear success stories and stories of how women overcome obsticles. Good luck :)

The language you write in wouldn't happen to be a language other than English would it? "I aren't passionate about" >.>

I'm a "writer" as well as an English major, and there is something very fishy about someone who claims to be a "freelance writer" and yet lacks elementary grammar skills. <.<

crescendo.daNiente said:
The language you write in wouldn't happen to be a language other than English would it? "I aren't passionate about" >.>

I'm a "writer" as well as an English major, and there is something very fishy about someone who claims to be a "freelance writer" and yet lacks elementary grammar skills. <.<

FFS ...Kevin

U hvae faerken fpilepr smiwmnig in yuor fcukin barin ?

Aimee,

Some well know women became well know because of the hardship
and devistations that they encountered or experinced.

Mellony Bailey and Marriann Williamson for example.
These two women were just regular house wives or GF (on the outside).
That's all they wanted out of life.... just to be loved and treated like a human being.
They lived through a living hell. They share , their experince, strenght and hope
with others...so they can get well or heal. It was their calling sort of speak.

But not everyone knows who these two women are.
Many, many women still havn't been reached.
You're the next generation of women that still face the same issues.

It's not easy, that's why not everyone dose it...
You are a stronge woman Aimee. You survived through the madness,
chaos. You've been violated at the very core of your being.
In other words...it's not easy for you now.

You asked what was the purpose of all of this in your other thread.
You didn't give up on yourself then and i hope you don't give up
on yourself now..inspite of everything. Your experience , strength
and hope can reach out and help other women. Your love and
compassion for other women..becuase you've live through a living
fucken hell, surived it and found a way out.

Even at this stage of your healing or sturggles...you're experince
of this...all of this can help others.

Mellonie was in a very, very abusive and toxic relationship.
It took everything out of her to just try to get out.
She had no money in her name...no career.
Even after getting out of that relationship..she had nowhere to turn to.
A strom hitted her house and dystroyed everything she had left...even what
little she had left was gone...She moving into a trailer to get away from
her abusive husband. She had nothing...nothing left.
But she had herself...and that was more than enough for her to get started on her journey of recovery.

Womens issues...psychology of why women pick violent men. The issues of both genders like loneliness, addiction, why need anther to feel complete? There are so many issues that need to be discussed...I love the idea of your magazine...a male section where there can be some input?
Self esteem of course and debunking the media portrayal of woman should be....
Good luck with it, a worthy project indeed.

Latest posts

Back