What motivates you?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Luke_S

Reaction score
After thinking about motivation, I was recently really surprised by how many things out there actually motivate me. It could be anything from a musician, a writer, a peice of art, a film, anything that gets you feeling better and gives you that extra bit of energy.

I think it would be great to share with people what motivates us, heres a few of mine;

-DJ Tiesto/ progressive trance (I train a lot to his music, especially the Parade of the Athletes album)
-300, Braveheart, Blackhawk Down, The Deer Hunter, Taxi Driver, American Beauty.
-Bruce Lee and Arnold Swarchzenegger
-Dream Theater, Tool, Iron Maiden, Nine Inch Nails, Black Sabbath, Machine Head, Devin Townsend, Metallica, and the Unreal Tournament OST's are just badass!
-Hartigan from Sin City
-The Gunslinger from The Dark Tower books

I could name so much more but here are a few things which give me an extra bit of energy to keep me going, I especially like The Gunslinger character from Stephen Kings Dark Tower, and how he sacrificed everything to be the hero.

A woman I love very much. I actaully stopped smoking becuase she didn't.

Alot of people, places and things used to inspire me.
Saint Francis...probably for me.
Joe Satriani is my favorite musician.

However..I hit some sort of brick wall. For some stupid reason I didn't
want anything out of life anymore.

It wasn't too too healthy..I felt kind of like a **** slugg on a wall.
Extreem depression requires extreem re-thinking or a new way of processing things.
You know what I mean ?
A person gets to the piont of nothing fucken fits anymore...(mmm..that's where my thinking was at)

Away...I don't lack motivations.
I'm either motivated to stay in bed all day or I'm motivated to get out of bed and do something.
mmmm...fresia when I figure out exactly what i want...I let you know.

Oh..I know, maybe this might work.
Have sex with a chick all the time...Get her pregnant
Make her have like 20 fucken babies...this way I can get my own TV show.
This way I'll be famouse and get to date another 22 year old chick :p

Girls motivate me a lot too! But its on a different kind of level, they motivate me to become the mature, caring guy that girls find appealing, not in a way that is fake, but my own natural way of being relaxed, its amazing how when you show others how relaxed you are, (and not in an uncaring way either, more of an intellectual calm) it makes them feel more comfortable with you too. I've come to realise recently that I've begun to get along a lot better with people ever since I've become more and more tuned into being able to express myself on a better, more mature level without losing my calm or blaming it on other, outside circumstances.
I find myself being the listener a lot of the time too, but a lot of the time thats alright because it gives me a lot of satisfaction knowing that people can openly express themselves to me without being too nervous about it, I remember sometimes I used to just wait for my turn to talk to people, but now I really listen, this motivates me to keep working on being flexible and approachable in socializing to different people.

I think what motivates me the most is the thought of making my parents and the ones I love proud of me.

Pain. I know how ugly my life can get if i dont do the daily day-to-day crap, so i do it to avoid falling into a bad depression.

I guess my motivation would be...my future?
When I'm 40 or 50 odd years old, I want to be content with what I've accomplished in my life.
Assuming that time is granted to me.

lucas with a dark tower mention!! nice! your my new best friend!! are you on the first one or which one???? that series got me back into reading. so gooodddd!!!

anyways, motivation:
some sort of future
becoming self sufficent
getting her back
.....wow is that really all i got, i think of love way to much, i want it to badly....grr

My boyfriend motivates me a lot. I look up to him in many ways, and want to be a bit more well-rounded like him, and at the very least, keep up with him. It's a big reason for why I went back to school; I didn't want him waiting on me to finish before we can start our lives together.

The future definitely motivates me as well; I want a family someday and I want to be fairly successful, so I must prepare for it now.

Finally, doing something worthwhile in my lifetime, other than raising a family. Finding a passion in something and doing something that I love, doing extremely well in it, so that I have proof that I am good at something. College is an example of this I guess. I made the Dean's List for my first quarter and it just makes me feel really fulfilled for accomplishing something big (well, for me it's big anyway, lol).

So yeah, those would be my motivations I guess. ^.^;

Well right now.. proving to my parents I wont screw up like my other siblings..

That's a very good question. I don't really know what motivates me. Well, music definately does and sometimes anger, you know, just being unhappy with the way I am / thing are, that tends to kinda light a fire inside me.

hmmm, let me think...
-People who talk honeysuckle about me.. (Haters) XD
-Music
-My parents, proving them wrong.
-My friends
that's about it.

The one thing that could motivate me is an inspiring person together with an inspiring book. Anything that is inspirational keeps me motivated. I love persons who have a charity or is helping on a charitable institutions as well as books like the "Fabulous Self-Esteem" by Amy Twain. Of course, an inspiring action seems like a motivation of you to do the same thing. a good action creates positive results and positive results makes you feel good which is the main factor that triggers such act.

Fear of failure, the hope of success, making my friends and family proud of me, the fear of the future/unknown also motivates me.

Latest posts

Back