What movies made you cry?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Let me see...at the moment I can
only think about two movies: Hoshi no Koe [the voice of the stars]
and Byosoku 5 Centimeter [5 centimeters per second]. Man, those
two made me cry A LOT...I guess it´s related to the fact that those
two are romantic - tragic movies about distance and I watched them with my gf [we can see each other only 1 day per week because of distance] heh. Totally recommended if you want a beautiful story, but be sure to bring some tissues if you are a sap:p

Cheers =)

Eternal Sunshine- From the "Row" scene to the end. I could not stop crying. Its my fav film

Grave of the Fireflies- It shows that war always has a negative affect on both sides

Titanic
Partition
The Brooke Ellison Story
A Walk to Remember
P.S. I love you

I'm sure there are lots of others but I can't think of them at the moment

That last thing I remember seeing that brought me to the brink of tears wasn't a film. It was in fact, of all things,an episode of Deep Space Nine named "The Visitor". In my opinion, science fiction is best used when exploring the human impact of a situation beyond our normal scope of experience - time travel etc. The visitor is a brilliant example of how this can be accomplished.
The episode begins with the captain vanishing without trace after a freak accident propels him into a kind of limbo. His son, who is present at said event, is left bewildered and grief stricken at the loss but as the months pass, he is gradually forced to accept what has transpired and move on. However much to his surprise, his father reappears briefly but after only a few moments, fizzles back out again. In true trek fashion, being something of a closet boffin, the boy resolves to find a way of bringing his father back permanently, despite the latter's insistance that he should just try and get on with his lot. The rest of the episode deals with the sacrifices that the son makes, both personal and professional, throughout the rest of his entire life in order to rescue his dad from his time displaced prison. To compound the heartache, the windows of oppertunity to accomplish this are seperated by decades, which excentuates the price of failure immeasurably.
It only TV and it's only science fiction, but after viewing, I couldn't talk to anyone for the next few hours, such was the emotional punch.

ringwood said:
The Shawshank Redemption, The Green Mile....

I saw The Shawshank Redemption on TV when I was about 14 without any idea of what it was (always the best way to approach a film, I think) and the final scene with Red walking along the beach toward Andy before hugging him had me in tears. Similarly with The Green Mile; the scene where Paul as an old man finds Mr. Jingles the mouse in the shed was too much for me.

CastAway is one of the few films that still causes me to cry. The scene with Wilson on the raft is heart-breaking. It's one of my favourite movies to watch when I'm feeling low because it ends quite positively I think.

Ladder 49
Rachel Getting Married
Brokeback mountain
Finding Neverland
Lion King - Long time ago ^^
Armageddon
Return of the King - When they were fighting outside the black gate, and the eagles appeared. Something about that part just make my eyes tear up. Maybe the epicness.

Probably more, hard to remember

Off topic: Video games that made me cry. FFX ending, and Lost Oddyey ^^

Latest posts

Back