What was your first album, cd, download, etc. in regards to music?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the first tape I ever got was Amy Grant. My mom got them for me when I was sooo young. :)

I think the first CD I bought was either Hall & Oates, Madonna or Poison. I can't remember. I started getting CD's around the late 80's though. My collection is now over 300 CDs, but I've got all of them stored in a safe place and have everything backed up through iTunes. Most of the time I just get new albums through iTunes, but sometimes I'll still get the CD if it's a group I really like.

Chris Botti, Paul Hardcastle, Sade, Miles Davis, Edele, and most all jazz and classical I'd like to have CD's for.

Hi all!!!

1st record & download was the classic Paul McCartney & The Frog Chorus - We All Stand Together.

Happy Memories of toothache and mumbling along 2 this as a kid......and 2day!! :p

[video=yahoo]

my first album was 'toys in the attic' by aerosmith when i was like 8 years old...and i still have the album all these decades later...:)

We had 8 tracks and records, but they beonged to my parents. I got the families first casette lol, Micheal Jackson Thriller

First album I ever bought was R.E.M.'s Eponymous sometime in 1996 when I was 11, mostly because I heard "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" while watching Independence Day and liked it.

Antihero said:
First album I ever bought was R.E.M.'s Eponymous sometime in 1996 when I was 11, mostly because I heard "It's the End of the World as We Know It (And I Feel Fine)" while watching Independence Day and liked it.

Eponymous was the first CD I ever bought! Although I was about 14 or 15 I think so about 1991 (ish) it was round about the time 'Out of Time' came out anyway. I bought that and "Staring at the CD the singles" by the Cure.

My first 7" single was I think the magic number by De La soul when I was about 12 or 13?

The first tape album I bought was... hmm I think Bad - Michael Jackson or maybe Rattle and Hum by U2 when I was about 12. I guess it was Bad as that was released first.

Interesting you should mention R.E.M. The first album I ever bought was 'Automatic For The People' back in 1999 when I would have been 11/12. I now own all of their albums, but the early ones on the I.R.S. label will always be the best in my opinion.

CAS said:
Interesting you should mention R.E.M. The first album I ever bought was 'Automatic For The People' back in 1999 when I would have been 11/12. I now own all of their albums, but the early ones on the I.R.S. label will always be the best in my opinion.

Yeah I love Murmur and Reckoning especially. They were always seen as the biggest independent band in the world until Out Of Time when they just went massive. I just think they were very consistent. Up until Automatic and then they started to drop off a bit. Still almost 20 years of great albums though, not many bands achieve that.

I think my first CD was Shakira's "Laundry Service" album and Im 99% sure I got it at Border's Cafe, and that was surely around 2004 or '05, but I'm pretty sure it was in '04. I remember listening to it on my walkman when my mom would take me to summer camp. :rolleyes2:
I loved that album,and I know I'd still love it to this day. It is a truly amazing album.

Mine was "Abba - Arrival" because my family is from their neck of the woods, but my excuse is that my mother bought it for me without asking.

Most of my pennies were spent on books, and my parents only listened to Boris Rebroff and Russian folk music, so my tastes were bit odd. I remember coming to school and a teacher was crying because apparently someone called "Elvis" had died!

But to get OP the first album I bought for myself was probably Hysteria by Def Leppard. I was well into my teens by then!

The first Song and Album I can remember listen to was Back for good By Take That on cassette when I was like 6 :)

the first song or album i downloaded myself was Linkin Park - Hybrid Theory. i was late when it came to music. didn't really start listening to music until i went to high school, and the only music i would listen to was Linkin Park, until sophmore year. my musical tastes have changed over the years. now i like to listen to experimental, noise rock, improvisation, darkwave, and electro-minimalism. though i still enjoy metal and punk rock. but i can't stand pop-rock.

Latest posts

Back