What's wrong with me?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starshine

Reaction score
I was in some stage of relationship over the past 15 years. That's half of my life. I was told that I was a pretty good partner in those relationships, but the most recent one ended when we realized our lives were taking us in different directions. I miss being in a relationship.

It's been over a year. I haven't gotten a glance from a guy. I don't understand what's wrong with me. I'm not a runway model, but I've been told I'm cute. I have a great job and I have a college degree. I'm totally independent and I have a good friends.

What am I doing wrong? Help :(

Sounds like you are in the exact same boat as myself. I haven't been in a relationship for over 2 years now. After a while, you begin to think there is some wrong with yourself, but I've been told that I'm a good looking guy and great to be around, so what's the problem?

Well, I know what my problem(or problems)are:

1. I don't get out enough to get myself noticed.
2. I rarely break the ice and start a conversation with the opposite sex.

So, if you fall under any of those 2 I have listed, then perhaps it may be the problem you are having. Hope this helped.

Depends on where you live and what you like to do. A lot of it also depends on how your vibe is. For instance I'm friends with most of my ex's, so talking with my last one, I asked her if any guys have asked her out, she said no way, she's giving off the "I'm in a relationship" vibe, I asked her why and she said that she wasn't ready to start a new one. We have been apart for a year now and live 3,000 miles away from each other, so there isn't any reason for it, but still that's her vibe and most guys pick up on it.

Starshine said:
What am I doing wrong?

Well, some more info would help us get an insight into who you are so we can maybe take a stab at answering this. :)

Badjedidude said:
Starshine said:
What am I doing wrong?

Well, some more info would help us get an insight into who you are so we can maybe take a stab at answering this. :)

I was married for seven years. Before that, I broke up with my long-term boyfriend to date the man who would be my husband. So, 15 years of being in a relationship.

Do thirty year old women get approached by men in general? Do most men assume women are in a relationship and don't approach because of that assumption?

I asked out a friend of mine, but he told me he didn't share my feelings. I tried going out with a friend-of-a-friend and that only lasted two dates. I can handle that run-around, but not coupled with the 'invisible-ness' I've been feeling around men in the general public.

SocratesX said:
Become a runway model.

:p

I've only done one runway show, but I guess I could follow up on the two leads I got from it!

Latest posts

Back