Where the hell was Eve?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
E

EveWasFramed

Yeah, here is what happened to Eve. :|

http://chronicle.augusta.com/stories/latest/lat_500988.shtml

"Meanwhile, a National Weather Service assessment team reviewing last night's storm damage in Columbia County has confirmed an F-1 tornado touched down near Harlem, according to a statement released by Columbia County."

Yeah, I live in Columbia county. I lost my internet, as well as my modem and network card (lightening). I feel so bad because I'm usually on line throughout the late hours and afternoon, but I mean, I can't control the weather. I also have a tree in my back yard that's split in half. =\

"Damage from the storm that swept through the region late Friday and weather seemed particulary rough in South Carolina, where at least one man died. " (I'm five minutes from the S.C. line.)

Blah.

Don't feel so bad. I know you do, but nobody is going to blame you or be angry with you for anything. Its good to know that you and your family are safe now. It must have been such an intense time.

DayvanCowboy said:
Don't feel so bad. I know you do, but nobody is going to blame you or be angry with you for anything. Its good to know that you and your family are safe now. It must have been such an intense time.

Thanks Dayvan. It was pretty spooky, especially when the first cell finally ended and a short time later, the second one came by. I was lucky, considering all the damage that was done very near my home.

Holy schemoly...EVE

It's a good thing you're not Dorthy.

I'm glad you're okay...

the important thing is that you're alright eve,

i'm glad to see you made it through the storm

:)

I am glad to here that your OK EVE. Don't worry about not being on line. You have to have a life has well. And holidays sometimes maybe and other things always come up. Just real glad to hear your save :)

Lonesome Crow said:
It's a good thing you're not Dorthy.

LMAO. Just keep tapping them red shoes lol

Glad to hear you and your family are safe, Eve.

I grew up in Kansas, so I know all about tornados. As much as I miss the midwest sometimes, that is one thing I do not miss at all.

I still can not be alone inside of a building to this day when it is so much as even thundering out a bit. It just scares the hell out of me.

Luckilly, I never got hit or actually encountered a tornado, but I remember many times growing up when we had to take cover.

One town I lived in got hit by a tornado 2 years after I had moved to connecticut. It wiped out 1/4 of the town and missed my old house by 3 blocks. Every year at least one town gets leveled.

It's funny too, because when I lived in kansas, the slightest thing that happened outside used to wake me up. So much as a big strong wind comming up (that's a sign that a storm is on the way), and I would not be able to sleep.

Now, living in an area where tornados are very few and far between, I will sleep like a rock through anything. More than once, I've had people ask me if I heard the thunder during the night, and I will have slept right through it and not heard a thing.

Funny eh?

Now, for a funny story. when I was little, and would wake up at night and hear thunder, I used to pull the blankets up over my head every time I heard the thunder, LOL

Well, one night I had tossed and turned so much that the blankets all fell off the bed. I was sound asleep, and I woke up to a big roll of thunder. I went to reach for the blankets, and they were all on the floor, LOL After a minute or so I finally got up and got one of the blankets and covered up as fast as I could. :)

My mom still laughs when I tell her that story LOL

MOST importantly, you came through it ok.

Hugs for you and your family :)

How dare you let a tornado keep you from visiting us! Bah! Weeeaaaaak!

:p Kidding, naturally.

I'm glad you're ok. That must've been scary...I know I'd be taking more than a few pairs of fresh underwear in to the storm cellar with me. So your house is still standing, yes?

Latest posts

Back