Who do you deserve?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Naleena

Reaction score
My walk was interrupted by the cold rain. I decided to get some things done around the house. I was gathering the wash when I noticed the world map I have on my wall. I have been making plans to go backpacking through Europe. I have made plans to do all kinds of things with my life. Everything, but one. And that one thing is finding someone to be with. I suddenly felt sad. It's been a while now and I'm not sure that kind of person exists for me. The Buddhist monk I watch on you tube says,"It's hard to find the person YOU THINK YOU DERSERVE." He's right. I know I have had opportunities that I've choosen not to take. I wonder if my desire for a certain type of individual is unrealistic? I don't think I ask for much, but then again no one has been that person. It is that wonderful, nameless other in my mind who keeps me single and hopeful. I hold onto a dream.

So, who do you think you deserve? What is that person like that you see in your minds eye? What makes them that special someone?

[youtube]C3lWwBslWqg[/youtube]

I used to fantasize about what type of man I deserved. Smart, funny, caring, honest. Looks and money never really mattered to me at all, I just wanted to be happy with the man who would...laugh if you want...complete me. I thought I found that man, but I guess not.

Lately tho...I'm been thinking I don't deserve anything.

I never thought of me deserving any one type of woman over another. Now I just want a woman without a criminal record....OK.....time served.

I honestly thought I'd found him and then proceeded to spend a lot of years trying to convince myself I was not seeing a certain behavior in him. I recently separated from him, because even a devoted "excuse maker" like me needs to wake up and smell the coffee eventually...

I deserve someone who "cares" with their heart, in a "gentle" way.

I deserve a pizza delivery girl that will deliver me pizza everyday
goo.gif

I don't believe that we just inherently deserve anything in life.

If we want something, we have to break our asses working to get it.

That's just how it is. If you want to find a woman, ******* find her. Same for if you're looking for a guy.

No one deserves anything.

I think a girl who's not fat and has minimal acne at least, because I'm not fat and I have minimal acne. Also a girl who wasn't a tramp, a drug-addict, or an alcoholic. And someone who wouldn't treat me like honeysuckle and cheat on me, and I would do the same for her.

Naleena said:
My walk was interrupted by the cold rain. I decided to get some things done around the house. I was gathering the wash when I noticed the world map I have on my wall. I have been making plans to go backpacking through Europe. I have made plans to do all kinds of things with my life. Everything, but one. And that one thing is finding someone to be with. I suddenly felt sad. It's been a while now and I'm not sure that kind of person exists for me. The Buddhist monk I watch on you tube says,"It's hard to find the person YOU THINK YOU DERSERVE." He's right. I know I have had opportunities that I've choosen not to take. I wonder if my desire for a certain type of individual is unrealistic? I don't think I ask for much, but then again no one has been that person. It is that wonderful, nameless other in my mind who keeps me single and hopeful. I hold onto a dream.

So, who do you think you deserve? What is that person like that you see in your minds eye? What makes them that special someone?

[youtube]C3lWwBslWqg[/youtube]

I have been through myself everything you have just experienced and over the years, I've come to accept that I it is possible I may grow old alone. At first it was hard and I got really depressed over it. Even to the point where I had considered ending my own life. But as time goes by, I am still struggling to a certain degree of knowing it may me just me and only me but found focusing on the little things in life has made a difference for me. I still hope...I have to.

It is only when we walk outside the circle that be begin to leave our own footprints

I don't know who I deserve but I know the only woman it seems I really want I don't deserve. I had her before she became a woman and I a man. The relationship ended as a result of a childish act on my part. Perhaps I broke her heart but I believe I did something even worse to myself.

The thing that makes you sad is what makes me sad too. Like you, I do not think that I ask for much but unlike you, I have not had the kind of opportunity I would like. I am glad that you can remain hopeful and dream. I wish I could be as strong as you. I have essentially given up on the thought of ever finding her. Perhaps just for now, perhaps forever. At this point, I have stopped doing anything to find her because each rejection only makes things worse. I realize that one cannot win the lottery without buying a ticket, but the odds are not in my favor. They never seem to have been. Anyhow, I do hope you find that which you continue to dream of, because you deserve it. You are sweet and genuine and that is rare these days. To me, the real question is what guy is good enough to deserve you...

deserve is a concept that make us static, make us cross our arms and wait for the prize ,and in this world, those ppl are left behind.

hope this reply isnt considered rude :p

^^^I don't think that's rude at all.

I think you know EXACTLY what you're talking about. :)

No one deserves anything. We have to fight for what we want.

stuff4096 said:
The thing that makes you sad is what makes me sad too. Like you, I do not think that I ask for much but unlike you, I have not had the kind of opportunity I would like. I am glad that you can remain hopeful and dream. I wish I could be as strong as you. I have essentially given up on the thought of ever finding her. Perhaps just for now, perhaps forever. At this point, I have stopped doing anything to find her because each rejection only makes things worse. I realize that one cannot win the lottery without buying a ticket, but the odds are not in my favor. They never seem to have been. Anyhow, I do hope you find that which you continue to dream of, because you deserve it. You are sweet and genuine and that is rare these days. To me, the real question is what guy is good enough to deserve you...

What's her real name

I doubt I deserve him. But he's the only one I want and need. I'll settle for second best, because my number one has never wanted me.

Badjedidude said:
No one deserves anything. We have to fight for what we want.

But there are fights that no matter which way you look at it, are theoretically, and practically unwinnable.

For some of us, finding our special someone is one such fight.

Code S.O.L. said:
But there are fights that no matter which way you look at it, are theoretically, and practically unwinnable.

For some of us, finding our special someone is one such fight.

I don't believe in unwinnable battles.

Every problem has a solution, however inelegant or inefficient it may be. Every battle can have at least a middle-ground outcome in the long run.

It's been said so many times before. I don't think I 'deserve' anything, as I don't think the universe owes be squat. What I mean is I do not believe people will have things their way simply because they have it coming to them for nothing

we all 'deserve' something or another because we're good people and all, but there's not much guarantee it will come our way should we not look for it ourselves

I don't deserve someone

This question is easy for me to answer, simply because I don't believe in God or any forces outside of my reality that have any say in my life. The best I can say is that I know what I want.

some things are left unknown until they're asked.

i don't think we "deserve" anyone in life. we can only desire and hope for someone like the one in our dreams, and if we run into that person, fight for them. to believe that you deserve someone is foolish, because 99 times out of 100, you will not end up with that person based solely on your belief that you deserve to be with them, as if it were all a system of checks and balances where we automatically get to be with someone based on how much we've lived through or suffered.

instead, we should fight to be with whoever we please. sometimes that fight can last a lifetime, but if you really wanted to be with someone, you could wait a lifetime for them, you could forgive them anyday for turning you down or neglecting your friendship, and you could love them unconditionally no matter what.

Sally said:
stuff4096 said:

What's her real name

I doubt I deserve him. But he's the only one I want and need. I'll settle for second best, because my number one has never wanted me.

Sally, her name is Sam. Actually, the her I was referring to is my soul mate, significant other, better half, or whatever name you prefer. Sam just happens to be the name of the one I let get away. The big mistake we talked about in another thread. My biggest mistake in life

Latest posts

Back