who is your favoriate author of all time?

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hard to pick just one favorite writer of all time - sort of like picking one favorite food.

My favorite writer now is Junot Diaz. He's a modern American writer in his 40s, definitely not in the same genre as the other high-brow authors mentioned here. :)
His writing is devastatingly on-point. He's the only writer whose stories make my eyes go wide and my jaw drop all at once.

"This is How You Lose Her" and "The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao" are modern masterpieces.

“It's never the changes we want that change everything.”
― Junot Díaz, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

“But if these years have taught me anything it is this: you can never run away. Not ever. The only way out is in.”
― Junot Díaz, The Brief Wondrous Life of Oscar Wao

-Teresa

how rich and famous is he/she. it means to nothing its about what you learn to read and i agree with you sofiasmami
and nice to meet you! have a goodday/goodnight

Oh i forget the names of the authors who wrote (or rather initiated) ' Chicken Soup '.. <--- love this book... Anyone read this?

I don't have a favorite author. But I'll pick one who I like: Ernest Hemingway, for his economy of words. It's a joy to read his sentences of straight-forward, no nonsense prose. His style takes the notion of telling the story in the fewest words possible, and making every word truly count.

Case said:
I don't have a favorite author. But I'll pick one who I like: Ernest Hemingway, for his economy of words. It's a joy to read his sentences of straight-forward, no nonsense prose. His style takes the notion of telling the story in the fewest words possible, and making every word truly count.

I only read "The Old Man and The Sea", but it was great.

Seeker_2.0 said:
Leo Tolstoy, I have spent years reading all his works. Also Gabriel Garcia Marquez, Henry David Thoreau and Marcel Proust.
Leo Tolstoy is my favorite too. I have not read much of his works because of my busy schedule. I have read his Resurrection and I liked that very much.

Wow! It's really amazing to see Tolstoy's fan here :D He is one of my favorite author of all time.
BTW sangiuneRose, have we met before somewhere else, under different circumstances or might be under under username cause Resurrection is my favorite book too and not many like that book as favorite ;)

PenDragon said:
Wow! It's really amazing to see Tolstoy's fan here :D He is one of my favorite author of all time.
BTW sangiuneRose, have we met before somewhere else, under different circumstances or might be under under username cause Resurrection is my favorite book too and not many like that book as favorite ;)
I am glad to know you're a Tolstoy fan too :). Have you read his War and Peace?

sanguineRose said:
PenDragon said:

Please don't ask about it, I actually brought that book from library and I read first few pages then someone told me it has 1500 characters that really scared me and I returned the book within a day. Lame, I know.

still no J.K Rowlling fans o.o worlds famous fantasy wizardography books writer !

PenDragon said:
sanguineRose said:
PenDragon said:

Please don't ask about it, I actually brought that book from library and I read first few pages then someone told me it has 1500 characters that really scared me and I returned the book within a day. Lame, I know.
1500 characters! I wonder how Tolstoy put them all in there.

I don't think it's lame though, it does sound a little scary. I don't think I would be able to remember even 10 percent of those characters. :p

sanguineRose said:
PenDragon said:
sanguineRose said:
PenDragon said:

1500 characters! I wonder how Tolstoy put them all in there.

I don't think it's lame though, it does sound a little scary. I don't think I would be able to remember even 10 percent of those characters. :p
don't imagine how he did.

Latest posts

Back