Why I am who I am

Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum

Help Support Loneliness, Depression & Relationship Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
diamond-dancer said:
Wow, that was quite a letter...

I have a problem with the definition you've given to agnosticism. To me being an agnostic isn't about keeping your options open in the hope that some mystery god will invite you to the after party, - it's about conceding that there is no way to know whether such a god exists or not. Personally, I just don't care. I'm resigned to the fact that one little over-evolved monkey such as myself isn't going to come up with the meaning of life.

I believe human beings are the result of evolution, and this belief automatically discounts most of society's mainstream religions. But what I lack in religion I make up for in my wonderment of nature and the universe. The idea that everything had to come together just right to begin a chain reaction that has made it possible for me to even be typing this to you now... simply blows my mind. But that's a rant for another day.

What if I'm wrong, or I'm only partly right, and the big bad guy is the sky isn't happy with me? Then bugger it. I am a good person. I don't want to hang out with someone who's into playing mind games anyway.

I agree with Diamond, on this and i would define myself as being agnostic but anti-religon, man has turned religon into what it is today, if anything i believe closest to deists like Einstein who believe that although there was a god who created the universe he can not interfer with it, it is like a machine that has been started and he can just sit back and watch it run. I also belive in evolution as well i guess what im trying to say is that there may be a god but his/her hands are tied it is just us humans that have created all his powers and divine miracles and such around superstitions and the need to believe that someone is looking after us guiding us it is all silly, men wrote the bibile and man has believed and followed it, it is not good that has caused bad things to happen but just ... bad things happen and most the time man is responsible

Latest posts

Back